SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Another test drive you might make is to get another similar truck and make the same test video showing a smooth ride on the same road.

This would compare a good truck to your truck that vibrates.

I also drive a Silverado, but it is much older and no vibration problems. Your problems make me wonder what I might get to replace this truck someday.
well its hard to find something similar, I bought a Tacoma to be my truck now but you sit on the floor and there is no close comparison. I wish I had thought about doing a video in the loaner trucks they gave me because those would be a perfect comparison and they were smooth as butter even on rough roads.

as to you buying a truck in the near future, trust me, run don't walk but run away from any 2014 or 2015 truck you ever see for sale

wish I still had my 98 I traded in for this turd

this is the 5th new Silverado I bought and it will be the last one I EVER buy

I don't care if they fix the problems in the future but the way GM treats people over this is unforgivable in my book

as a good Christian I always forgive but I never forget and I am no longer a chevy guy for life, GM has cured me of that
Old 10-13-2014, 08:56 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
trust me, run don't walk but run away from any 2014 or 2015 truck you ever see for sale

wish I still had my 98 I traded in for this turd

If you didn't have any issues with it, would you be saying it's the best truck ever made? Every vehicle ever made has people who love them and people who hate the same vehicle. You just happen to get a lemon. It's the luck of the draw now a days with everything it seems. "they don't make em like they used to".

Cant' you correct the mediator and show the service doc say there isn't a problem with flat spots.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:04 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
If you didn't have any issues with it, would you be saying it's the best truck ever made? Every vehicle ever made has people who love them and people who hate the same vehicle. You just happen to get a lemon. It's the luck of the draw now a days with everything it seems. "they don't make em like they used to".

Cant' you correct the mediator and show the service doc say there isn't a problem with flat spots.
lol, she has the documents in her hand. I gave her copies of all 4 service tickets and she also got the same copies direct from the dealerships along with their opinions on what is or isn't wrong with the truck and why they couldn't or wont fix it. they rebalanced all 4 tires 3 times, replaced all 4 tires and rims, then rebalanced those 3 times and then decided nothing was wrong and they dont feel it vibrating at all lol.

I corrected her when she read me her decission and told here they replaced all the tires and rims and it made no difference. my correction of her was followed by 10 seconds of crickets chirping silence and then she said "well this is my decision and if you want to pursue it further we cant help you".

the trouble is they don't know whats wrong so the cant fix it but no one is willing to say that on the record and be the one held responsible for GM being forced to buy it back.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:19 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Yeah, that's a messed up situation. I hope the lemon law comes into play for you!
Old 05-19-2015, 08:01 PM
Red Snapper

I came back for an update to my issue.

as of 5/18/15 GM agreed to and has been ordered by the judge in writing as part of the settlement to buy back my truck at full cost plus all insurance premiums, sales taxes, and trade in value, in short, im made completely whole by this decission.

for those who missed it I went through BBB and the GM rep which was a joke and a waste of time then I finally skipped arbitration upon the advice of my lawyer who said it would only give then a preview of your argument when then denied you at arbitration and forced you to get a lawyer anyway. now arbitration will work if you want another replacement truck but if you want your money back then the arbitration person will just tell you to go take a hike.

so to wrap up:

I bought my truck in 8/27/14 and had the bad vibration they couldn't fix and wasted two months with BBB and GM rep until finally in november I had to get a lawyer and file lemon law in civil court and here I am 6 months later finally with a resolution due in no small part to the youtube video I made that GM did not want shown to a jury in open court not to mention they had to convince the jury nothing was wrong with my truck and as soon as they saw the video there was no way they would buy GMs claim there was nothing wrong with the truck.

if you are interested the video is here: https://www.youtube....h?v=ppSl0D3AQm8

I pray no one else has to go through this but sadly there are thousands of people who bought lemons just like me and most just trade them in tby aking $8k-$10k in lost value to do it just to avoid fighting with GM about this.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:58 PM
Banned

My 2013 drove like a tank with a 6 inch lift and mud tires, vibration issue?? Hell yes lol traded it in for a tundra which doesnt looks as flashy or "bad ***" but definitely a lot smoother ride and much more powerful engine.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:29 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,557

Dang, after reading this whole thread I feel your pain, man! I know how excited I was to purchase my first (and only) brand new truck and can't imagine how all of this crap has taken away from your "new truck" enjoyment.

I bought a new 2014 GMC Sierra on December 31st 2013 and (knock on wood) have not had any issues yet. I even went ride down the highway at the speeds you are having issues with and did not feel any unusual vibrations.

I sure hope that they make it right. You have much more patience than I have because if I would have been given the run around after dropping $30k + on a new truck I don't think that I would be able to treat those people with much respect.

If you are going to have to spend money on a lawyer to force them to make this right you might as well document all of your lawyer fees, time spent, mileage driven, and any other expenses and get them to reimburse you for everything. I hate to be like that but they have to realize that for most people a new truck is the second largest purchase they will ever make next to their home and they expect a quality product for the outrageous prices that they are charging for new trucks these days.

Have you considered contacting GM corporate headquarters with a formal letter written by a lawyer to see if they will get envolved?

Also, Southern151 sounds like he knows more than the average person about Lemon Laws because of his profession and is always willing to lend advice. It may be worth shooting him a PM.

Good luck and keep us updated.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:38 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,557

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
I came back for an update to my issue.

as of 5/18/15 GM agreed to and has been ordered by the judge in writing as part of the settlement to buy back my truck at full cost plus all insurance premiums, sales taxes, and trade in value, in short, im made completely whole by this decission.

for those who missed it I went through BBB and the GM rep which was a joke and a waste of time then I finally skipped arbitration upon the advice of my lawyer who said it would only give then a preview of your argument when then denied you at arbitration and forced you to get a lawyer anyway. now arbitration will work if you want another replacement truck but if you want your money back then the arbitration person will just tell you to go take a hike.

so to wrap up:

I bought my truck in 8/27/14 and had the bad vibration they couldn't fix and wasted two months with BBB and GM rep until finally in november I had to get a lawyer and file lemon law in civil court and here I am 6 months later finally with a resolution due in no small part to the youtube video I made that GM did not want shown to a jury in open court not to mention they had to convince the jury nothing was wrong with my truck and as soon as they saw the video there was no way they would buy GMs claim there was nothing wrong with the truck.

if you are interested the video is here: https://www.youtube....h?v=ppSl0D3AQm8

I pray no one else has to go through this but sadly there are thousands of people who bought lemons just like me and most just trade them in tby aking $8k-$10k in lost value to do it just to avoid fighting with GM about this.
I must have not read your last update before my previous post.

It sounds like aside from all of the headache you went through it turned out pretty sweet for you! You basically got to drive around a brand new truck, albeit one that shook at highway speeds, for 6 months at no cost you.

It would serve your dealership right if you paid a few bucks and took out a section in the local newspaper for a week and printed your story similar to the way you did here on saltyCajun with the name of the dealer and the names of the employees who tried to shafts you..

Also, the link you posted does not work. I would not be surprised if GM had it taken down. it may just be a typo though.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Flounder

Cash: 696

I am not sure about vibration issues, but I dang well know that I've trouble with my dashboard randomly cracking in multiple places. It is a common problem with GM trucks from 2007-2014 models.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:31 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,810

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilesrt View Post
I am not sure about vibration issues, but I dang well know that I've trouble with my dashboard randomly cracking in multiple places. It is a common problem with GM trucks from 2007-2014 models.
Agreed.... I have a Tahoe that I replaced the dashboard in. Didn't take long before the replacement started cracking up.

Pisses me off.
Old 05-20-2015, 05:44 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
I must have not read your last update before my previous post.

It sounds like aside from all of the headache you went through it turned out pretty sweet for you! You basically got to drive around a brand new truck, albeit one that shook at highway speeds, for 6 months at no cost you.
not quite, the thing shook so bad you would be throwing up after 75 miles or so from the carsickness.

with my bad back I couldn't stand it so it was undrivible to me and it just sat in the yard killing grass for 6 months. when I turn it in it still has the original factory new car smell and it only has 1800 miles on it and 1000 of those miles were them doing test drives. not sure what the truth is but they "claimed" they "had to" put at least 200 miles on it test driving after a repair attempt.

I agree with the dashboards guys, every chevy truck I ever owned had the dash board start cracking and falling apart right around the ten year mark but fords and dodge do it too. I think its because they try to make them cushy or with very thin plastic so they just don't last. whats worse is they stop making replacement dashes for them after 7 years right when you get to the point where you need to buy one. if I could buy a dash for my 98 I never would have traded in in to buy this lemon in the first place but the dash was literally just being held together by the wiring harness and wires were starting to get frayed.

never say never but I don't ever recall seeing a Nissan or Toyota dashboard crack up like that