SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-19-2015, 05:38 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by redalertlures View Post

Rapists should be castrated. Sorry , this is just my honest opinion here.

Have you seen what is being called rape and what's getting people convicted?

Better hope this never happens, turns out now days all it takes is some booze and a regretful slut to claim rape and get a man convicted.
Old 05-19-2015, 05:44 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 918

If you take someone elses life and it was not a accident then I think you deserve the death penalty. By accident I truly mean a accident as in they ran out in front your vehicle and couldn't stop or something like that. If you were drunk and it happened then it was no accident because you committed a crime by drinking before driving.
Sad but true.... only harsh punishment will make people think twice about there actions.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:31 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

For all of you that are saying the criminal should not be entitled to an appeals process: have you not seen the hundreds of inmates who have been released after serving 20 years in prison because DNA evidence finally proved them innocent?

Also, you can talk big and bad about not losing a wink of sleep over sentencing someone to be put to death but I would be willing to bet that is not the case after you sit in a courtroom for multiple weeks looking at this human in the eye before being given that responsibility.

All of that being said, I do believe in the death penalty. I just pray that my country never asks me to make that kind of a decision.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:31 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGV View Post
If you take someone elses life and it was not a accident then I think you deserve the death penalty. By accident I truly mean a accident as in they ran out in front your vehicle and couldn't stop or something like that. If you were drunk and it happened then it was no accident because you committed a crime by drinking before driving.
Sad but true.... only harsh punishment will make people think twice about there actions.
Partly I agree. Does the fact that you were drinking null and void the fact that they pulled out in front of you. Does the fact that you had too many beers on Friday with the guys make you a murderer even if someone else caused the crash?
Old 05-19-2015, 06:33 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post

Better hope this never happens, turns out now days all it takes is some booze and a regretful slut to claim rape and get a man convicted.

Agreed. It's a case by case thing repeat offenders obviously not gonna change there ways deserve it. PROVEN PEDOPHILES on the other hand.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2015, 09:05 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
For all of you that are saying the criminal should not be entitled to an appeals process: have you not seen the hundreds of inmates who have been released after serving 20 years in prison because DNA evidence finally proved them innocent?

Also, you can talk big and bad about not losing a wink of sleep over sentencing someone to be put to death but I would be willing to bet that is not the case after you sit in a courtroom for multiple weeks looking at this human in the eye before being given that responsibility.

All of that being said, I do believe in the death penalty. I just pray that my country never asks me to make that kind of a decision.

I can assure you, under the right conditions, I could vote to put someone down and go home and eat a bowl of fruitloops
Old 05-19-2015, 10:51 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 708

Quote:

Very true sir...I should have been more specific...

Serial rapists and especially pedophiles warrant swift deaths...

This topic has really made me think about the death penalty... And I do support its use.
Old 05-20-2015, 12:14 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post

There is more than one way to look at this and no way is perfect. Yes there have been wrongly accused but it is BECOMING more of a thing of the past.

Would you find Brandon Scott Lavergne worthy of the death penalty?

Old 05-20-2015, 07:29 AM
Redfish

Cash: 794

Quote:
So, If someone rapes your daughter, and in a fit of rage you beat the suspect to death.....you should be put to death?

If you get in a gun fight with someone, and can't prove self defense. Death to you?
Old 05-20-2015, 07:51 AM
Redfish

Cash: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotLikinisAhabbit View Post
Leave it dry.

half and half? regardless, the right decision was made. it's just a shame that it didn't take place the same day
Old 05-20-2015, 10:20 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee View Post
So, If someone rapes your daughter, and in a fit of rage you beat the suspect to death.....you should be put to death?

If you get in a gun fight with someone, and can't prove self defense. Death to you?
That means the death penalty has already been served. Did you commit a crime? NO, you protected your life or anothers. Got to love folks that make things complicated simply because its easy to do so.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:33 AM
Trophy Trout

What I am trying to say is that if you are the one that commits the crime worthy of death then you should get it. I am not saying that if you kill someone because you needed to do so that you are wrong and should be sentenced to death. Of course this is just my personal opinion and everyone will see it in diffrent ways that make things a little hard to agree upon. I think we can mostly all agree that the death penalty is useful in its right.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:19 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
What I am trying to say is that if you are the one that commits the crime worthy of death then you should get it. I am not saying that if you kill someone because you needed to do so that you are wrong and should be sentenced to death. Of course this is just my personal opinion and everyone will see it in diffrent ways that make things a little hard to agree upon. I think we can mostly all agree that the death penalty is useful in its right.

The key point you leave out is the trial that will take place to figure out if what you did in self defense was actually that, your fate lies in the hands of the jury, the judge, and how good your lawyer is compared to the other side...

If God were on panel and had ultimate say so then it would be cut and dry, innocent people die because of subjective opinions, etc... That sucks and is a blem of humanity
Old 05-20-2015, 11:20 AM
Flounder

Cash: 654

what about John 8:7
Old 05-20-2015, 12:40 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fish View Post
what about John 8:7
I originally refrained from using bible verses and wanted to leave Christian as the only statement on my choice. I did not want to start a who is right or wrong battle, just wanted to hear some opinions and why.

I see where you are coming from and I see James 2:13, Matthew 7:2, Matthew 6:14-15, and Luke 6:37 as leading references on why I choose not to support the death penalty. Curious to hear the pro-death supporters' legitimate reasoning on why they believe in the death penalty, it is a very intense subject that I'm sure has strong beliefs/reasoning's on both sides.

I would be interested to hear responses with some form of reasoning behind them, whether for it or against it.
Old 05-20-2015, 01:09 PM
Swordfish

The neat thing about the bible is you can find verses that support killing, and verses that denounce it.

You can pick what fits your argument
Old 05-20-2015, 01:49 PM
Flounder

Cash: 654

I think someone would be pretty hard pressed to find in scripture, any where in the bible, that Jesus supported killing. For non Christians yes there is plenty of scripture to justify killing. You are 100% correct about that.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:09 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fish View Post
I think someone would be pretty hard pressed to find in scripture, any where in the bible, that Jesus supported killing. For non Christians yes there is plenty of scripture to justify killing. You are 100% correct about that.

Not sure what that means, but it looks like a choice has been made to not look to the Old Testament.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:12 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

An eye for an eye.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:33 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
The neat thing about the bible is you can find verses that support killing, and verses that denounce it.

You can pick what fits your argument
Absolutley, but as a Christian the cornerstone belief is Jesus Christ the Messiah, Everlasting Life, and Salvation. I will leave the life or death decision to higher power and when the time comes to stand in front of God I won't have the burden of taking action or choice in pre-meditated murder, no matter the situation. God knows I have enough other issues we're going to have to talk about up there.