SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-25-2015, 02:29 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 474

I have to somewhat agree with the 1 in 5 comment. I have a 2014 1/2 ton crew cab Silverado that is a LEMON.
30k miles and I have had numerous issues: Random misfires at stoplights that GM cant figure out. Leaking radiator that had to be replaced at 8k miles. Loose seat bases on driver and passenger sides that had to be replaced. Broken cable that opens/closes sliding back glass. Driveline vibration that is "within spec" according to GM, A VERY NOISY direct injection pump that sounds louder than a diesel, and the early 2014's have a software issue that ignores text alerts and prevents the phone from alerting to a text or other alert. This is the 9th Chevy truck ive owned and it is by far the worst vehicle I have ever parked under my carport. I had a 2009 Silverado that I put 165,000 miles on with zero problems and wish I had it back.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:49 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshgoat View Post
I have to somewhat agree with the 1 in 5 comment. I have a 2014 1/2 ton crew cab Silverado that is a LEMON.
30k miles and I have had numerous issues: Random misfires at stoplights that GM cant figure out. Leaking radiator that had to be replaced at 8k miles. Loose seat bases on driver and passenger sides that had to be replaced. Broken cable that opens/closes sliding back glass. Driveline vibration that is "within spec" according to GM, A VERY NOISY direct injection pump that sounds louder than a diesel, and the early 2014's have a software issue that ignores text alerts and prevents the phone from alerting to a text or other alert. This is the 9th Chevy truck ive owned and it is by far the worst vehicle I have ever parked under my carport. I had a 2009 Silverado that I put 165,000 miles on with zero problems and wish I had it back.
Explain again your experiences that demonstrate GM has a 1 in 5 lemon output in their trucks. I think I missed it in your post.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:15 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post
Explain again your experiences that demonstrate GM has a 1 in 5 lemon output in their trucks. I think I missed it in your post.

He has had 9, 1 of which is a lemon. Therefore 9-1=8, if you subtract 3 from 8 you get 5, then just put a 1 in front of the 5 and put the words "out of" in between them and it makes sense.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:17 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
He has had 9, 1 of which is a lemon. Therefore 9-1=8, if you subtract 3 from 8 you get 5, then just put a 1 in front of the 5 and put the words "out of" in between them and it makes sense.

That sounds like Common Core math to me. LOL
Old 05-25-2015, 05:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

I'm on my second Tundra. First one was 7 yrs when traded in on this one which is 2 yrs. only thing done to either one was change oil and filters. Don't know if I have been lucky with these two but as of now I would recommend the Tundra.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:33 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Sounds like the math he was doing alright.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:19 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder_smacker View Post
probably the dumbest statement ever made on this forum. we have 12 gm company trucks 1/2 ton and 3/4. not one of them is a lemon. if one out of 5 were lemons i should have 2? we have used them all and gm has given us the least amount of trouble. all trucks give problems. this is how it goes in my view. dodge, breaks down often cheap to fix. toyota, breaks down rarely expensive to fix/maintain. ford, diesel not reliable. frequent transmission problems. repairs costly. gm, break downs rarely minor problems reasonable repair cost. these are company trucks that get used hard but are maintained like clock work. we would be probably use all toyota but no diesel is the deal breaker.
yep, its a shame that GM admits that only 80% of truck buyers are happy with the truck they bought. that's really dumb of GM to freely admit its a fact like that, very very silly of them to admit the truth

Quote:
General Motors admits only 80% of GM truck buyers are satisfied with their trucks and of the 20% who report not being satisfied, they list unresolved vibration issues as the main complaint.

so argue with GM about it because THEY say 20% and last time I checked, 20% is 2 out of ten or 1 out of 5

but that still leaves 4 out of 5 very happy satisfied customers who often like to go around and try to say there are no problems with these trucks just because THEY never had a bad one
Old 05-25-2015, 07:31 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
yep, its a shame that GM admits that only 80% of truck buyers are happy with the truck they bought. that's really dumb of GM to freely admit its a fact like that, very very silly of them to admit the truth

General Motors admits only 80% of GM truck buyers are satisfied with their trucks and of the 20% who report not being satisfied, they list unresolved vibration issues as the main complaint.

so argue with GM about it because THEY say 20% and last time I checked, 20% is 2 out of ten or 1 out of 5

but that still leaves 4 out of 5 very happy satisfied customers who often like to go around and try to say there are no problems with these trucks just because THEY never had a bad one

Unhappy and a lemon are different thing, 80% approval is pretty good. If I see a restaurant or any other business with that type of rating I won't hesitate to go.

1 out of 5 people are whiny folks that can't be satisfied, I understand you got a lemon and have great reason, but to say 20% of their production are lemons is lunacy.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:35 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Unhappy and a lemon are different thing, 80% approval is pretty good. If I see a restaurant or any other business with that type of rating I won't hesitate to go.

1 out of 5 people are whiny folks that can't be satisfied, I understand you got a lemon and have great reason, but to say 20% of their production are lemons is lunacy.
tell it to general motors, they admit it, sorry if that hurts your love for GM

and 97% of the 20% reported vibration issues as the main reason, not because the didn't like the color or the radio reception.

again these are all numbers GM itself puts out so the real numbers are much worse unless you want to say GM is trying to make themselves look worse by exaggerating the numbers.

the man wanted advice and I gave him good accurate advice that has been verified and confirmed by GM itself in press releases that 1 in 5 truck owners are not happy with the truck and the vast majority of that 20% blames it on unfixable vibration issues which make the truck a lemon, so he can decide if he wants to take that gamble.

but you are right 80% is pretty good so go eat at a restaurant were 20% of all customers get food poisoning, after all 80% is pretty good right?
Old 05-25-2015, 07:41 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

Guess I got lucky and made the 80% cut.....I always drove fords till 2001 when detroit told me they stand behind the dealer who said 1 quart of oil every 1000 miles was normal...Of course it was still in warranty...Chevy ever since and never looked back....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1525031_666459600079656_149161041_n.jpg (67.2 KB, 173 views)
Old 05-25-2015, 07:51 PM
Red Snapper

yep, they are beautiful trucks and I know several people with new GMs that love them and they are great trucks for sure but the odds are definitely a gamble so I wouldn't advise someone asking for buying advice to take that gamble.

the ones I speak of are the 2014 and 2015 year models only so I cant speak about other years and have no reason to believe any other year models have any problems at all.

Last edited by keakar; 05-25-2015 at 08:25 PM.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:01 PM
Redfish

Cash: 888

I drive a 2013 sierra with a 5.3 with 3.73 gears and the truth is the truck shifts gears a lot for just a 2000lb boat! Imo! Also how many of yall have a programmer and how is it what brand?
Old 05-25-2015, 10:13 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by phiboyy13 View Post
I drive a 2013 sierra with a 5.3 with 3.73 gears and the truth is the truck shifts gears a lot for just a 2000lb boat! Imo! Also how many of yall have a programmer and how is it what brand?
I had that package with my 2014 Silverado and with my 17ft flatboat it would be endlessly shifting as well on even the slightest road incline. the guy at the dealer said it was due to the new efficient tranny with more gears so it was actually a good thing it keeps shifting. but it seamed weird to me and I wasn't totally buying his explanation. and time something has to shift that much it must be wearing on things inside the tranny
Old 05-25-2015, 10:15 PM
Swordfish

This thread is loaded with logic
Old 05-25-2015, 11:19 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 474

My 1 in 5 comments are also based on our fleet of 67 Chevrolet trucks at work. I track all these vehicles via GPS and I am notified each time one goes in for repair. 17 of these vehicles are 2014 or 2015 Silverados. I get notified a lot more on those vs the 2013s and older. I know any brand can have issues but it seems to me the newer Chevrolets are lacking in the reliability area. I can also attest to the arrogance and stubbornness of GMs customer care. Ive heard every excuse they have, but "Its Normal or Within Spec" are their favorite ones. Like I said, ive owned 9 Chevrolets and my personal 2014s problems as well as the ones mentioned above have given me a solid reason to consider other brands when the time comes. To each his own, this is just my opinion.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:32 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshgoat View Post
My 1 in 5 comments are also based on our fleet of 67 Chevrolet trucks at work. I track all these vehicles via GPS and I am notified each time one goes in for repair. 17 of these vehicles are 2014 or 2015 Silverados. I get notified a lot more on those vs the 2013s and older. I know any brand can have issues but it seems to me the newer Chevrolets are lacking in the reliability area. I can also attest to the arrogance and stubbornness of GMs customer care. Ive heard every excuse they have, but "Its Normal or Within Spec" are their favorite ones. Like I said, ive owned 9 Chevrolets and my personal 2014s problems as well as the ones mentioned above have given me a solid reason to consider other brands when the time comes. To each his own, this is just my opinion.
I'll tell you what, over time, replace that fleet of 67 GMs with 67 Fords and let us know how that works out for you. Have you been in a Ford service area lately? At My local dealer, all bays are full. Same can be said for the other brands too.
Old 05-26-2015, 07:44 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Quote:
I'll tell you what, over time, replace that fleet of 67 GMs with 67 Fords and let us know how that works out for you. Have you been in a Ford service area lately? At My local dealer, all bays are full. Same can be said for the other brands too.
just because the shop is full doesnt mean they have a faulty product...
Old 05-26-2015, 08:06 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

well looks like this may have not turned out as the OP wanted but to add my input, I own a 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 with 3.5.5 gear ratio. It pulls very well, but if you're looking for excellent mileage while pulling, I don't think its there when towing something as heavy as your skeeter. I'd expect 7-10 mpg pulling that skeeter at 70mph. I can pull my 16.5' alumaweld and get 13-14 and sometimes 15mpg at 75mph, and I can get 10-12 with 1910 nautic star at around 70-72. In general I'll average 16-17 in the city and 18-20 on the hwy, just depends where I'm driving. I don't think you'll get under 16mpg on everyday driving though no matter how you drive it.

My brother has 2014 Chevy 4x4, and his mileage is similar, but when its towing it isn't as responsive as my truck.

I hear good things about the new dodges, check them out. Seems like they have great power and good mileage. Tundra's look awesome and have great power as well, but I haven't heard anything good about mileage.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:35 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

fan boys
Old 05-26-2015, 10:24 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Ford doesn't have the number one selling truck for 35 years straight for no reason. Last I checked, they are a little more expensive than GM, and a lot more expensive than Dodge, but continue to sell more trucks regardless. 35 years in a row is solid. I guess most people that own them are pretty satisfied.