SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-25-2015, 08:10 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193
Default Happy Memorial Day

To all who serve, have served or have friends or family that have made the ultimate sacrifice I say thank you. We live our mundane little lives because so many have given so much so that we may do so. We owe you a debt that can never be repaid. God Bless you and Thank you.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Flounder

Cash: 1,262

Today is not Veterans Day or Armed Forces Day... nor is it Happy Day Your Love One Died and it definitely not a "Happy" Memorial Day... it's just Memorial Day... Today is a day to REMEMBER & HONOR THE FALLEN Military! It's all about remembering & honoring those who have sacrificed for what we have to day. It's a moment in time to reflect on the price so many men and women who have willingly paid for our freedom by giving their life! So wherever you are today whether working, relaxing, cooking out or doing something fun with friends and family, please stop for a minute... Have a Moment of Silence to Reflect... Remember, Honor, & Give Thanks to the Fallen & Pray for the families who lost a loved one on the Battlefield!
Old 05-25-2015, 12:41 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVM View Post
Today is not Veterans Day or Armed Forces Day... nor is it Happy Day Your Love One Died and it definitely not a "Happy" Memorial Day... it's just Memorial Day... Today is a day to REMEMBER & HONOR THE FALLEN Military! It's all about remembering & honoring those who have sacrificed for what we have to day. It's a moment in time to reflect on the price so many men and women who have willingly paid for our freedom by giving their life! So wherever you are today whether working, relaxing, cooking out or doing something fun with friends and family, please stop for a minute... Have a Moment of Silence to Reflect... Remember, Honor, & Give Thanks to the Fallen & Pray for the families who lost a loved one on the Battlefield!
Excuse the f u c k out of me for not wording it the way you wanted.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:55 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354
FlagUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
To all who serve, have served or have friends or family that have made the ultimate sacrifice I say thank you. We live our mundane little lives because so many have given so much so that we may do so. We owe you a debt that can never be repaid. God Bless you and Thank you.

I think you worded it better than I could duck....I know many and many who have gone now that deserve more respect than this country ever gave them......
Old 05-25-2015, 12:58 PM
Flounder

It's my belief that the word "happy" is not appropriate for this day. Your message was excellent and shared my me.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:21 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
It's my belief that the word "happy" is not appropriate for this day. Your message was excellent and shared my me.
Well thank you for sharing your belief with us so eloquently. I know we were all waiting on the edge of our seats to see if you approved or not. Next time I'll just pm you a rough draft so you can approve and or edit before posting. Have a happy monday off work day.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:53 PM
Flounder

Thanks, but I am retired so had Memorial Day off anyway. Enjoy your day also.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:14 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Thanks, but I am retired so had Memorial Day off anyway. Enjoy your day also.
Naw man it's all on me. Sorry for being a douche bag.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Flounder

No problem, I know that we both love our country and the brave men who serve and who have died for us.