SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-27-2015, 08:18 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed32 View Post
The only thing I would recommend is to get the figure in writing. In other words he needs to sign something saying this is the full amount of his damages and he's releasing you from any more liability in the situation. You don't want hm coming back after you've paid saying it wasn't the whole amount.
What ever you do get it in writing and notarized, maybe even have a lawyer write it up for a few 100$ . I learned the hard way about 10 yrs ago. I now run everything agreement through my lawyer, he writes it up and both parties sign it and have it notarized.

your doing the right thing by taking responsibility, but please protect your self too
Old 05-27-2015, 08:24 AM
Redfish

Cash: 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaman View Post
Being that im a police officer the 1st thing I would do get some kind of proof that your dogs did it! Before I pay anything or sign anything.

(Look for other animal tracks around his fence line!!!!)

does he have proof did he actually see your 2 dogs physically killing the deer. If not he has to prove it. There are 2 many scams going around!!#

(You siad He hasn't sold 1 right?

Here's a thought, "well maybe since I can't sell 1 I'll make up a story and say my neighbors dogs killed them and I'll just get my money back that I paid for it by accusing them and just get out the business.)

It could have been a wild animal, any animal with teeth and instincts besides your dogs. Bc remember your dogs are the ONLY animals in the AREA that's been EYEING those deer!😈😆

You have a little bread /business onwner maybe he trying to blame you and he probably thinks you will pay with not problem guilty mind Frame.

Just a thought here
Good Point. How does he know YOUR dogs did it maybe some other dog or coyote dug under the fence and killed the deer. Then your dogs entered through the same hole. If you honestly think your dogs did it, you can still use that as a negotiation tactic. If he has no proof maybe you can meet him half way on the cost because if he went to court with no proof, you are going to win.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:29 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplepeddler View Post
My dogs killed a nieghbors deer over the weekend.

these are not agressive animals, retrievers for hunting.........it appears thier game instincts took over.

They gentleman that owned the deer restrained himself, and did not kill my dogs. I am happy about that.

He did not want to talk to me this weekend, was too angry. I get that for sure.

He has made overtures to the police that each deer "sells" for 3K.

I want to be fair, but I do not want to get taken advantage of.
He has never sold an animal.

these deer are young and small, about 80 pounds.

please understand, I know I have a level of responsibility here, not trying to be a schmuck......

Advice?? Guidance??
From your original post, it appears your neighbor caught the dogs in the act and like you stated "restrained himself" from killing the animals....as also stated you have a responsibility when you own any animal (dogs, cats...even a goat)....My advice is to pay the man...3K seem like a fair price a Whitetail deer...Pay and move on...