SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 06-28-2012, 02:33 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948
Default Duck hunting question

Gotta stop reading all this hunting stuff, its too early to be thinking about all of that. haha

Anyway, got this on my mind and need to get it off. What are the rules on hunting from a boat? Specifically on a bayou or river. I know you can't have the boat underway while hunting, but does the motor have to be out the water. Thinking about hunting Sabine Island this year for wood ducks, but wanted to make sure I was clear on that.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:36 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

Don't think that matters. Cant be under way and boat can't traveling with momentum from motor while shooting.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:43 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Ok that's what I thought, just wasn't sure about the motor. Cool deal.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

They got a ton of wood ducks out there, but I never could figure out a way to hunt em.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,978

I think you are good if motor is off and boat is not in motion.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

methods of taking deer

Either-sex is defined as male or female deer. Taking or possessing spotted fawns is prohibited.

It is illegal to hunt or shoot deer with firearms smaller than .22 caliber center-fire or a shotgun loaded with anything other than buckshot or rifled slugs. Handguns may be used for hunting.

Taking game quadrupeds or birds from aircraft, participating in the taking of deer with the aid of aircraft or from automobiles or other moving and vehicles is prohibited.

Still hunting is defined as stalking or stationary stand hunting without the use of dog(s). Pursuing, driving or hunting deer with dogs or moving vehicles, including ATVs, when or where a still hunting season

or area is designated, is prohibited and will be strictly enforced.

The training of deer dogs is prohibited in all still hunting areas during the gun still hunting and archery only season.

Deer hunting with dogs is allowed in all other areas having open deer seasons that are not specifically designated as still hunting only. A leashed dog may be used to trail and retrieve wounded or un-recovered deer during legal hunting hours. Any leashed dog used to trail or retrieve wounded or un-recovered deer shall have on a collar with owner's name, address and phone number. In addition, a dog may be used to trail and retrieve un-recovered deer after legal hunting hours; however, no person accompanying a dog after legal hunting hours may carry a firearm of any sort.

It is illegal to take deer while deer are swimming or while the hunter is in a boat with motor attached in operating position; however the restrictions in this paragraph shall not apply to any person who has lost one or more limbs.