SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 08-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

No. I wouldn't pay 5k for any duck BLIND. but north of interstate is too spotty. I've had leases before north of the interstate and it's crickets until late season most times. But 5k is entirely too much for one blind IMO I will stay on public land before I pay that much.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Some people will pay, some won't. I'll pay, it's worth every penny not having other people screw up your hunting plus there is no public goose hunting here
Old 08-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 602

I'm born and raised in pine island. I'll give it to you straight. The teal in this area is off the charts. Since the pintail numbers went down , big duck season is a disappointment . Last seasons drought made our hunting abnormally good . Bottom line is you should be able to kill teal , spoonies, gray ducks and specks
Old 08-07-2012, 08:41 PM
Swordfish

I'm lucky enough to have friends with goose fields that I get to go on a regular. I can't justify paying that much for a place to hunt on the weekends. Some do and that's fine. I just go where other people aren't on public land. I would lease a marsh blind for a decent price if one came about just to bring kids hunting but not 5k
Old 08-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Blind looked great we are going to get in it unless it falls thru. The guy was honest 2010 they had an awful yr up until then and last yr it was good to great depending on weather. I don't think you can go wrong the way I'm doing it. Its around 3500$ and I'm sitting it with two of my close friends. They both just getting into the sport I've been at it from a young age and now 26. I know it's gonna be great for teal I know what it takes to kill specs. Ducks are laniap for me but they do well on greys and occasional mallards. They killed nearly 2000 ducks last yr and 500 geese. Not hunting every day. 2.5 blinds because the 3rd blind is a lagniappe blind thy put ppl in it when they had extra. 1175$ can't go wrong I don't think
Old 08-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Good luck going where other people aren't in lacassine now. People will find where you are and beat you too it. Never had a problem until last year
Old 08-07-2012, 08:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post
Good luck going where other people aren't in lacassine now. People will find where you are and beat you too it. Never had a problem until last year
The extreme drought had a lot to do wit that. Only water was in the pipeline area, and so were the people. But you're right, you will always have "boom scouters", but not near as bad on a year with a normal weather pattern. I will pay for a good blind as long as the farmer will work with me, otherwise you can get screwed quick. Good luck
Old 08-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Swordfish

We still haven't had a problem in lacassine. We hunt very unconventionally there.