SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 08-05-2016, 10:04 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,507
Default Grand Isle area beach?

I am not seeing any reports from around GI. This time of year the barges seem to be a good place. Anyone catching? I went last week to my little honey hole and between two of us we end up with I think around 25 nice trout. It was a tuff day, we even tried the rigs and only hit one nice Mangrove. I will be out there tomorrow good luck this weekend.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:55 PM
Tripletail

The weekend turned out to be OK. Saturday I was unable to fish the beach due to high surface... BUT, the trout are all over the marsh so no issues catching dinner.

Sunday was much better, I fished the beach and it started out slow. I ended up moving around a lot before I accidently found the trout. I was casting in the blind just cruising the shoreline hoping for a bite, and wishing my spot was producing when all of a sudden I found a spot were the trout were holding. No structure or anything around for me to see why the trout were there, but every cast ended up with a fish... this went on for about an hour. I ended the day with 22 decent trout in the box, another 17 tagged and released and would have caught many more if it were not for those Damn dolphin for messing up a good spot. Those guys are too smart to be in the ocean. I threw a trout over, and one came up and played with it for about 20 minutes before eating it. After that another 5 or 6 joined in and just destroyed the spot. I actually had one grab a trout that I was reeling in, once it figured out that there was a line on the other end it let go.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

I was there snice Thursday.. Seems the storm down in Mexico produced huge ground swells.

We had 4-6 ground swells Friday along with Thunderstorms all around us. We got rained on all day Friday. It was a little rough on top of the ground swells 2' chop I guess. Once we got out 6-9 miles in about 80' of water the grounds swells were about 9-11 seconds apart, so it wasn't bad at all.

Saturday morning we had a few thunderstorms early but they moved off.. But id was a go 4-5 ground swells close with a 2' chop... Caught some Mangroves to the East in the West Delta area. But My Legislative crew ended up sea sick after about 30 minutes at first platform.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:15 PM
Tripletail

biggun, I thought about going to the rigs on Saturday vise sluggin it out with the rest of the inshore boats and still kinda think I should have. good to see you caught some. What channel do you stay on?
Old 09-01-2016, 03:14 PM
Tripletail

What is the water like on the Beach's? Planning to head out this weekend and fight the crowds.

THoughts
Old 09-03-2016, 06:39 PM
Tripletail

Well... Today was picture perfect. Water clarity perfect, fish on top of the water.

Chased a school of reds on the beach. But my luck was not with me as I only landed one... 36" and golden red.

Tried for trout but no luck on the beach so I headed inshore and found some pilings that no one was fishing... Great choice as for the next 2 hours I was reeling them in. The water clarity was so good that I was watching the trout trike the lures and live shrimp.

Hate that my camera is not working, ended the day by tagging 60 trout and 1 red. Not bad for one guy over a 3 hour period. Largest trout tagged was 17" smallest trout tagged was 10".

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Old 09-03-2016, 08:28 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

That's a busy 3 hours, nice work!
Old 09-04-2016, 09:01 PM
Tripletail

Gooh,
I was slap wore out, and left the trout biting.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk