SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion > Offshore Fishing Reports

Offshore Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite offshore spots here

Old 06-19-2012, 10:00 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Venice offshore

Was going to deck for Eddie Burger but just before we departed something came up so I had to take a group out on another boat. Being versatile I made it happen. We knew the seas were going to be rough. As we were getting near the gulf at the end of tiger pass the customer said it was not as bad as the day before. He happened to be out in the same boat yesterday so I took his word for it. We got bait and headed out. As we rounded the corner and got into open water the fan was on and throwing a lot of $--t at us. It was a no brainer. It was a lot rougher than the day before.

Instant U turn.

We went to a rig and started fishing. The fish were stealing our live bait so fast that I decided to switch to large chunks of Bonito that we had on board. This gave us the advantage and it was not long before we had a limit of good sized red snapper on board. I then decided to try to get into protected waters and try for some mangroves. Found a rig that was loaded with them and they ate our chum at will but were very line shy. We managed to find 2 of them that got stupid. A nice cobia stopped by to say hi also and try as we could we were not able to get the friend with it to eat. 1 out of 2 ain't bad. Found a redfish near the rocks but guys were tired so in we went.

Life is Good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (62.5 KB, 80 views)