SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 08-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

They're for sure not gettin another dollar from me.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montauk17 View Post
Never caught or ate one before,can't say it will affect me. I doubt it taste as good as fresh sacalait or flounder.
You say it won't effect you but it might. Today it's triple tail, tomorrow it's Texas fish limits in all of Louisiana. Not everything in Texas is bigger and better than LA. Just using Texas as an example no harm meant, I just know their limits are nothing like our liberal limits.

I am all for conversation. I can't even catch a limit of trout in Big Lake with a 15 trout limit although I have many times elsewhere. But even not being a great trout fisherman in BL I know that the 15 trout limit there is BS.

Last edited by Crawl79; 08-06-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Hey they said it best "its smart conservation " = no research or facts , just money

Btw have you noticed the more CCA pushes this non fact issues the smaller the STAR prizes become???

They keep pissing off charter captains and people who know 100% more about our waters than they do...word will keep getting out until we get a Delta Waterfowl of Water started
Old 08-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Hey they said it best "its smart conservation " = no research or facts , just money

Btw have you noticed the more CCA pushes this non fact issues the smaller the STAR prizes become???

They keep pissing off charter captains and people who know 100% more about our waters than they do...word will keep getting out until we get a Delta Waterfowl of Water started
yep... I'm done with them
Old 08-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

Go figure, no more CCA for me
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

I've never caught a triple tail.
Catch fish in DA face!!

So i guess we need a sheephead limit since we have a lot more Texans fishing our waters
Old 08-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
He's throwing irrelevant numbers out that do not answer the question you asked. Sexual maturity does not matter, the question was, is there any biological evidence to support a size and/or creel limit? And better yet, is there any evidence of overharvesting by anglers to support a limit. Which of course the answer is no. Just like a triflin' *** politician, throws numbers to evade a question. I'm mad now.
Better?

Last edited by Spunt Drag; 08-06-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:24 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
They almost extinct
Old 08-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Need to make a big push against CCA on this. After all, they are a non profit org LOL
Old 08-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

I have always supported CCA because they are all we have for conservation issues but seeing the corruption and politics who make up laws. It really makes me upset and not want to support them.

After the 15 trout limit getting pushed by non fisherman and few people with money, it has left that hangover beer taste in my mouth!!

I wish someone would start a new organization for Louisiana and for anglers, ( not money office fisherman)
Old 08-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

Quote:
He's throwing irrelevant numbers out that do not answer the question you asked. Sexual maturity does not matter, the question was, is there any biological evidence to support a size and/or creel limit? And better yet, is there any evidence of overharvesting by anglers to support a limit. Which of course the answer is no. Just like a triflin' ***politician, throws numbers to evade a question. I'm mad now.
I'm not a biologist, didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express, and only fish a half dozen times a year. However I assume the sexual maturity statement means that at 18", 50% of those fish have reproduced, so it is ok from a conservation point of view to harvest them.

I guess their argument is that it is good conservation practice to establish limits that allow 50% of the fish to reproduce before they are allowed to be taken.

As to the limit of number of fish per day, 5, 10, 50, your guess is as good as mine as to how they came up with that number.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:00 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
I'm not a biologist, didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express, and only fish a half dozen times a year. However I assume the sexual maturity statement means that at 18", 50% of those fish have reproduced, so it is ok from a conservation point of view to harvest them.

I guess their argument is that it is good conservation practice to establish limits that allow 50% of the fish to reproduce before they are allowed to be taken.

As to the limit of number of fish per day, 5, 10, 50, your guess is as good as mine as to how they came up with that number.
The question I want them to answer "Is there any biological evidence that tripletail populations have been impacted by Louisiana anglers enough to warrant a limit?". The rest is just a sideshow.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
The question I want them to answer "Is there any biological evidence that tripletail populations have been impacted by Louisiana anglers enough to warrant a limit?". The rest is just a sideshow.
I emailed my uncle who is a biologist with WLF he referred me to the guy who's email address is posted for comments. I just sent him a message, I will post what his reply is if I get one.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Quote:
Better?
Lol no harm bro! Lol
Old 08-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
X2 ive seen one in ship channel under a 2Ltr bottle and woulnt budge...
Old 08-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Has anyone called the guy to discuss what the relevant studies are that he is talking about?
Old 08-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
Has anyone called the guy to discuss what the relevant studies are that he is talking about?
It will amount to about this much evidence
Attached Images
File Type: png facebook-20130718-141036.png (81.4 KB, 188 views)
Old 08-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
It will amount to about this much evidence
Lol.

Yeah you might be right, But seems to me it's worth calling the guy up to hear his side of it. And if it is just so much B.S. letting all of us know
Old 08-06-2013, 11:41 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

I am sooooooo sick and tired of the BS in our lives nowadays! I mean less face it - we are in bad times. We have to fight legal battles over fishing issues (snapper, water access, season dates, etc.) and no end is in sight. Our forefathers are rolling in their graves puking on the soil they fought far. We have wasteful spending on BS at ever turn, plus the leaders of these governmental agencies have lost all concept of "common sense".

Triple tail are what I consider an "incedental fish". I mean it's not like you can go out and target them on a regular basis. They are here on day and gone the next. Sure, I have had times where we found an acre of grass offshore which held hundreds, but I have seen it twice and I am 45. And a 18" minimum size limit..........really! Like the Mexican fisherman named "Pedro" in his Panga will release the same 17.5" TT he catches in Mexican waters after I release it in the GOM for being a half inch too short.

I am officially going on record here as the State of LA did with the NOAA snapper issue - "I am non-compliant"! Enough said! I catch a triple tail that I want to consume as a family as reward to a trip on the water, well then they will have to catch me! CCA needs to understand that the "John Q Public" is getting tired of this BS. I stopped feeding them money when the private access issue was going. Again, it goes down to people with big bucks having the right phone numbers to call when they want something on their agenda.