SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-25-2012, 08:49 AM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
Has fishing big lake really turned into this? This is one reason why i don't fish that body of water anymore, and it looks like it will stay like that.
Drift cutters and potlicking usually occur in the "well known fishing areas" not throughout the whole lake ie turners, center reefs, comm point, and west cove.........thats why i made over 50 night trips last year...***** blends in at night..i thinks its funny when someone ptlicks you and they dont catch but you're steady slingin...the faces on the other boats are priceless...
Old 05-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
yes it has and you can feel the pressure and intense nature of what the lake has become every single day that you are out there. This is one of the reasons i bought a night boat. Once i have had enough of the mess that goes on every day (even during the week now, not just on the weekend), i shut it down and catch limits every night.
casey if you ever need an extra hand to sling some of them trout at night you just let me know? Lol!
Old 05-25-2012, 08:56 AM
Blue Marlin

Guys it a frickin fish it is not worth it!!! I'm sure it gets frustrating , but still there's plenty of fish to catch in there.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Just start bass fishin the calcasieu
Old 05-25-2012, 09:03 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I only fish one boat per birds..so when another boats come on me...I will crank up blow them out...there my fish I found the 1st....so what I do with them is up to me....when people see this black boat crank up every time another boat comes on me....they might just start staying away..(that's my goal)
This may just backfire on you. You may figure 8 the wrong person and they will start figure 8'ing you every time they see you. don't matter if you are fishing w/ the kids or the wife or a big $$$ tourney.
They may just start following you around just to blow out every place you stop to fish?
What You Mad??? Just remember you started it.
Every one is not like you,they don't get mad. ( i don't) They just get even.
Pot lickers are a way of life. Especially when you post pics and brag about all the fish you catch. I know a few folks on this board that catch a bunch of fish most of the time they make a trip. But they keep it to them selves and don't get followed around and they like it that way.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:06 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Buy an aluminum boat. Nobody follows them.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:11 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,763

Quote:
This is all a natural progression of aggressive behavior. Once it becomes "ok" to run a figure 8 around someone's boat and take it to that level there will always be a guy out there that is not willing to back down and takes exception to another person's aggressive acts. I have heard many people on this site talk about casting top water lures into someone's boat, running circles around them, etc... While some people may be the passive type and back down, there are a great number of people out there with perhaps nothing to lose (or significant power) that will absolutely stand up for themselves in all situations. I am constantly embarrassed by some of the comments that I see on here.

Until we get back to fishing for fun and relaxing on the water instead of constantly expecting and anticipating the next "pilgrim" to cause you a problem these types of things will only get worse.

Just my opinion.
X1000000000000000000
Well put!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

All I can say is you can't fix stupid. You can argue with the little man syndrome till you are blue in the face but you ain't gonna fix stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2012, 09:20 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,543

Quote:
At some point there will be repercussions for your actions, you probably just do not realize it yet. It might not be a fight or it could be. I might be these people you messed over seeing you on a reef by yourself catching fish when they decide to run a figure 8, what are you going to do then? It might be your truck without wheels when you get back to the landing. It could be a number of things and not all of them may deal with fishing and some may hit you in areas that you would have never suspected.

What I can tell you with certainty is that if you continue to have no patience with others and be the aggressor in all of these situations there will come a time that you regret your actions. Laugh about it, have your club W buddies respond to this thread about how you are above the law, whatever. I think you consider me a friend and I have no ill will towards you. For your own sake you need to chill man and I hope you do. I'm done with this thread.

You are a great fishermen and you have nothing to prove, go out and have fun and relax.

like talking to a wall....
Old 05-25-2012, 09:22 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,571

I take the non violent route......box of saltine crackers.......create my own diving birds in the middle of the lake and when you see them comming....leave!

Touchet!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin_Cajun View Post
I take the non violent route......box of saltine crackers.......create my own diving birds in the middle of the lake and when you see them comming....leave!

Touchet!
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2012, 09:24 AM
Redfish

Cash: 933

I'm curious about these figure 8's and circles y'all talk about? Are they done while idling? 1/4 throttle? Half throttle?
If a wake is being made, you never know when some opportunistic person will fall, hurt his back, then next thing you know Morris Bart is contacting you.
Just something else to think about besides lures, fists, or lead flying.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,314

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieF View Post
I'm curious about these figure 8's and circles y'all talk about? Are they done while idling? 1/4 throttle? Half throttle?
If a wake is being made, you never know when some opportunistic person will fall, hurt his back, then next thing you know Morris Bart is contacting you.
Just something else to think about besides lures, fists, or lead flying.
You are responsible for your wake.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Redfish

Cash: 933

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
You are responsible for your wake.
That's exactly what I was getting at. Plus damages caused by your wake. Some people will prefer to skip the confrontation part and go straight to litigation.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 612
Default Potlicking?

Please describe this term to me. I'm new at fishing salt or brackish water and would like to avoid any confrontation while on the water. I always have my kids with me and would hate to have to defend myself in front of them from an irate seasoned fisherman. I would hate to lose my temper in front of my kids and worse would hate to have to prove why I had to use deadly force...God forbid.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by hargroderauto View Post
Please describe this term to me. I'm new at fishing salt or brackish water and would like to avoid any confrontation while on the water. I always have my kids with me and would hate to have to defend myself in front of them from an irate seasoned fisherman. I would hate to lose my temper in front of my kids and worse would hate to have to prove why I had to use deadly force...God forbid.
Good stuff there.....just be curtious...if you dont know dont do it avoid boats on anchor, working birds when someones on em, and if they are drifting with the current or wind the go way around em to the back or go a good ways ahead of to cut through...just think before your actions..
Old 05-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Breaking news

CSI of lake Charles is on the scene of a 3 boat shoot out

Reports coming In are ....two boats were fishing birds when the grou crossed over a reef in which cut off a guys drift .

There was some boats going around each other when shots were fired

Semi auto weapons were involves and two X raps

They have the long point is taped off until farther notice ...
Old 05-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 612

That makes sense, will do thanks.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Blue Marlin

Reading this thread is why you won't see me on biglake, and it's not because i don't know what i'm doing. It's not wanting to deal with this bull **** over a fish! I'd rather go perch jerk on the river then deal with the sob's that think they own big lake!
Old 05-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,139

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin_Cajun View Post

Touchet!
we usually have pringles in the boat and that works good also it is hilarious to watch people flock to birds working pringles