SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 08-07-2013, 10:19 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
How many of you actually attended the meeting?

These are 100% PUBLIC meetings
I've been to a couple of the before... Doesn't do any good. Their mind is already made up
Old 08-07-2013, 10:21 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
I've been to a couple of the before... Doesn't do any good. Their mind is already made up
Kinda like going to the public waterfowl meetings. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 08-07-2013, 10:22 AM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Kinda like going to the public waterfowl meetings. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Never been to one but I can only imagine... Lol
Old 08-07-2013, 10:42 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Some of these commissioners would not know what a tripletail was if it was on their plate, what they have to go by in making their decision is 1. public input and 2. a presentation given to them (which is also given to everyone in the audience as well). They then make a decision.

Like it or not, its actually about as fair a process as can be. If you have better ideas, they would like to hear them. You can go to the meeting and discuss them
Old 08-07-2013, 10:45 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Some of these commissioners would not know what a tripletail was if it was on their plate, what they have to go by in making their decision is 1. public input and 2. a presentation given to them (which is also given to everyone in the audience as well). They then make a decision.

Like it or not, its actually about as fair a process as can be. If you have better ideas, they would like to hear them. You can go to the meeting and discuss them
And you forgot number 3. Head CCA lobbyist on the commission board
Old 08-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
How many of you actually attended the meeting?

These are 100% PUBLIC meetings
I'd rather sweep leaves on a windy day.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:56 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
I'd rather sweep leaves on a windy day.
If you are truly passionate about something, just seems that you would want to get as much information as possible, and attending a meeting will do just that
Old 08-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Ling

Quote:
And you forgot number 3. Head CCA lobbyist on the commission board
Serious question:

In what way would CCA or this member of the commission benefit from a tripletail limit? Answer, none at all

They just want to do whats best and lookout for future generations of fishermen, its in their mission statement.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:01 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Serious question:

In what way would CCA or this member of the commission benefit from a tripletail limit? Answer, none at all

They just want to do whats best and lookout for future generations of fishermen, its in their mission statement.
Pat on the back. "I" did that. Just like "I" changed the big lake limit. It's not about what's best. It's about power.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:02 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

since everyone on here is so mad and knows so much about TT and doesnt want a limit, then why dont yall get out from under your keyboard and do something about it..

I am not for a limit or anything, but like DuckButter said, if your passionate about something then go fight for it and quit complaining and blaming it on certain people.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Serious question:

Commission looks to establish recreational regs on Louisiana tripletail
Commissioner Will Drost asked Adriance at Tuesday's meeting if the department could present suggested regulation parameters.
"It's your decision," Adriance said. "We brought this here simply to present information."
http://www.nola.com/outdoors/index.s...establish.html
Ling

Cash: 5,600

I caught a triple tail once
Catch fish in DA face!!

Here is the CCA

David Cresson, executive director of the Coastal Conservation Association-Louisiana, told the commission his organization supports the implementation of regulations on tripletail.
"There is limited information in general on tripletail, but it's extensive in other parts of the country," he said. "We've been visiting with scientists, and the information is undeniable: Eighteen inches is where they become sexually mature."
Cresson said CCA would like to see a five-fish creel limit placed on the fish as well as an 18-inch minimum-length limit.
"It just seems like it's smart, common sense and forward-looking to have some management of these fish," he said.
Cresson told commissioners the recapture rate of tagged tripletail is 2 1/2 times higher than with other game fish, which, he said, is an indication of how vulnerable the fish are to over-harvest.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Ling

Quote:
Pat on the back. "I" did that. Just like "I" changed the big lake limit. It's not about what's best. It's about power.

Well, "I", does not mean CCA. This individual may have ties to CCA somehow, but thats not the stance of the CCA.

CCA as an organization did NOT lower Big Lake limits, someone who has ties to CCA may have been instrumental in it, but not CCA.

Big big difference.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Well, "I", does not mean CCA. This individual may have ties to CCA somehow, but thats not the stance of the CCA.

CCA as an organization did NOT lower Big Lake limits, someone who has ties to CCA may have been instrumental in it, but not CCA.

Big big difference.
Who OWNS this mag?? and who wrote this story??
http://content.yudu.com/A1rzu2/TideM...sources/18.htm
Old 08-07-2013, 11:17 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

you go fishing, you have 3-guys in the boat. Thats 15 triple tail.... how many times have you gone out and caught more than that?? When the grass comes in close I know you can catch 40 to 80, i have been there for this.. im not taking sides on this, but what exactly the problem with a 5-fish limit? Most people are happy to run the bouy line and pick up 3 or 4 triple tail. Also what science do we have to say we don't need a limit. I know when the grass is thick and close i could rape the heck out of some triple tail......
Old 08-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Here is the CCA

David Cresson, executive director of the Coastal Conservation Association-Louisiana, told the commission his organization supports the implementation of regulations on tripletail.
"There is limited information in general on tripletail, but it's extensive in other parts of the country," he said. "We've been visiting with scientists, and the information is undeniable: Eighteen inches is where they become sexually mature."
Cresson said CCA would like to see a five-fish creel limit placed on the fish as well as an 18-inch minimum-length limit.
"It just seems like it's smart, common sense and forward-looking to have some management of these fish," he said.
Cresson told commissioners the recapture rate of tagged tripletail is 2 1/2 times higher than with other game fish, which, he said, is an indication of how vulnerable the fish are to over-harvest.

What part of any of that is bad?

and you forgot to bolden in the other parts such as this:

Cresson told commissioners the recapture rate of tagged tripletail is 2 1/2 times higher than with other game fish, which, he said, is an indication of how vulnerable the fish are to over-harvest

and there in lies your answer and why there is a concern

the part about limited knowledge is true, but with the knowledge that IS known, it is very sensible. There is LIMITED knowledge on many many species of fishes. Its because they are hard to study, and can be very expensive to study. We don't know everything about blue marlin, tunas, etc. but there are both size and creel limits on both of them
Old 08-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Page 6...CCA ties

http://www.ccalouisiana.com/cca11/im...09/fw09otl.pdf
Old 08-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Great White

Quote:
What part of any of that is bad?

and you forgot to bolden in the other parts such as this:

Cresson told commissioners the recapture rate of tagged tripletail is 2 1/2 times higher than with other game fish, which, he said, is an indication of how vulnerable the fish are to over-harvest

and there in lies your answer and why there is a concern

the part about limited knowledge is true, but with the knowledge that IS known, it is very sensible. There is LIMITED knowledge on many many species of fishes. Its because they are hard to study, and can be very expensive to study. We don't know everything about blue marlin, tunas, etc. but there are both size and creel limits on both of them
What about this part.... The department is not recommending regulations on tripletail, Adriance said.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:23 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Who OWNS this mag?? and who wrote this story??
http://content.yudu.com/A1rzu2/TideM...sources/18.htm
Looks like Tide magazine (CCA), author Wil Drost

What is your point? Its an article about tripletail (not Big Lake trout limits), where you quoted me I said CCA as an organization had nothing to do with Big Lake TROUT limits.