SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 11-07-2016, 02:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

That'd Be A SNOOK..... BOB....
Old 11-07-2016, 02:28 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
WOW! that's a Snook. Common around Florida but not many caught around here.
Where did you catch it? Very good to eat but I'm sure there is a sized limit and that one looked a little small.

In the mouth
Old 11-07-2016, 03:57 PM
Redfish

Cash: 419

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2016, 05:36 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
I have found that the smaller boats are the best ones to fish by. The larger, fancier boat owners usually dont know how to fish. They are usually rude if you get close to them also. The smaller ones are the locals that know where the fish are

So you just look for boats to fish by? This is the problem with fishing these days. No one seems to fish in order to find their own fish anymore. It's ridiculous and a PIA. I went exploring the other day because I got fed up with the boats, I found some hard ground with my side imaging, found some fish and about 30 minutes later, apparently I was fishing on 5 other people's spot... I don't know how since I had just found it and there wasn't a boat in sight when I was driving around looking at my graph... it's idiots out there, inconsiderate and discourteous idiots. Even when you fish the public holes, if you catch a fish 150 yards away from the crowds, you'll see all trolling motors facing you, EVEN IF THEY ARE ALREADY CATCHING!!
Old 11-07-2016, 05:50 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
So you just look for boats to fish by? This is the problem with fishing these days. No one seems to fish in order to find their own fish anymore. It's ridiculous and a PIA. I went exploring the other day because I got fed up with the boats, I found some hard ground with my side imaging, found some fish and about 30 minutes later, apparently I was fishing on 5 other people's spot... I don't know how since I had just found it and there wasn't a boat in sight when I was driving around looking at my graph... it's idiots out there, inconsiderate and discourteous idiots. Even when you fish the public holes, if you catch a fish 150 yards away from the crowds, you'll see all trolling motors facing you, EVEN IF THEY ARE ALREADY CATCHING!!
I usually watch for people setting the hook like they have moby **** on the other end of the line. However, this boat watching concept is a good idea. I'm going to add it to my list. Just another example of how great this website is at sharing information and new fishing techniques.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:49 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeff31787 View Post
I usually have kids with me so I want to put them on fish. When I see people catch fish, I go over the. It's public water and most people don't need all those fish anyways

What makes me mad is when people set the hook and then put their rod tips down to try and look like they aren't hooked up to a fish. The nerve of those people I have kids that want in on that action
Old 11-07-2016, 06:54 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
I usually have kids with me so I want to put them on fish. When I see people catch fish, I go over the. It's public water and most people don't need all those fish anyways

What makes me mad is when people set the hook and then put their rod tips down to try and look like they aren't hooked up to a fish. The nerve of those people I have kids that want in on that action

It's because they are trying to enjoy a day on the water without worrying about if they don't stay on the trolling motor they will interfere with the guy with kids on the boat and mess them up even though they were there first and found the fish. I'm hoping you are only joking because what you said is ridiculous. I've fished with my dad my whole life and he NEVER went to another boat because they were catching even when we begged him when we were younger. He taught us to fish for ourselves and make notes of what the other boat is doing and try to apply it at other locations.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:22 PM
Flounder

Cash: 656

I seriously doubt you caught a snook in VB
Old 11-07-2016, 09:53 PM
Email Address Not Verified

Cash: 111

Bulk Microwave popcorn from SAM's. Entertainment at it's finest. VBay Saturday. Ya'll come pass a good time.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:25 PM
Redfish

Cash: 419

When people argue against the statistic that Trump's #1 demographic is white males without a college degree, I'll just link to this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2016, 07:25 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 921

fun tips for fishing trashplie, cove, hammock.....
1. tie line onto cement block and throw it overboard.
2. drop anchor and throw out a loaf of bread or a big bag of Cheetos.
3. when potlickers start to showup, fight that cement block like u got Godzilla on the line.

4. once u get 10 or 15 boats tring to cast in your boat. put pole down, laugh at them, drink a beer.
5. repeat
Old 11-11-2016, 10:58 AM
Flounder

Cash: 568

That was defiantly a snook It probably came this way from Florida from the last hurricane

And yes I've only got on the specks once in VB and what people are saying is true. They will come right up to you if you start catching. My dad would go nuts if he saw that on the water
Because of this i would rather drive an extra hour and a half to the PAC and satay away from the crowds and idiots
Old 11-11-2016, 01:29 PM
Redfish

Cash: 709

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopete View Post
fun tips for fishing trashplie, cove, hammock.....
1. tie line onto cement block and throw it overboard.
2. drop anchor and throw out a loaf of bread or a big bag of Cheetos.
3. when potlickers start to showup, fight that cement block like u got Godzilla on the line.

4. once u get 10 or 15 boats tring to cast in your boat. put pole down, laugh at them, drink a beer.
5. repeat
Ha Ha Ha , Always bring some chips or crackers with you to get birds working, works every time !!!
Old 11-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156

Quote:

At the Cove or Trash pile. I'm sooooo sorry, but I've tried hiding the fact that I have a Spec on the line. Especially with all the cursers etc. constantly looking for someone on FISH !! Dat's not fishing.
Old 11-12-2016, 02:59 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrchip1 View Post
At the Cove or Trash pile. I'm sooooo sorry, but I've tried hiding the fact that I have a Spec on the line. Especially with all the cursers etc. constantly looking for someone on FISH !! Dat's not fishing.
Dad worked offshore and only got to see him every now and again. When he took us fishing he wanted us to catch. We do what we have to do to eat fish