SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 03-24-2017, 02:30 PM
Redfish

Cash: 677

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
When the wall is built in 2019 along the ship channel to close off the lower end of the lake , it will fix a ton of problems and stop the silt covering up wash out , nine mile , long point areas.
Is this really in the works? I remember seeing you post about it a while back but forgot to ask
Old 03-24-2017, 06:18 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabert View Post
Is this really in the works? I remember seeing you post about it a while back but forgot to ask
Yep

As of right now they plan on starting in 2019 with lower end of lake .
I saw the blue prints this pass fall.

They also have plans to close turners bay off but that is still many years away .

Right now they will focus on south end
Old 03-24-2017, 09:05 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,212

If CCA puts a new reef into the lake what's to stop them from eventually raping this reef like they supposedly did the Cheniere reef? You would think if a reef was put in for recreation it wouldn't be allowed to be harvested for oysters.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:08 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,571

I think there is a golden opportunity to tap the new business in the area "LNG"

They are the clean fuel, environmentally friendly and I think with the right support, they could and would be willing to support the cause. Just my two cents, LNG isn't going anywhere but up and they have big buck backing it. Keeping the channel dredges for the Deep draft ocean going vessels is a priority.

You do this, big boost to funds for the projects desired.
Old 03-25-2017, 07:01 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl8200 View Post
If CCA puts a new reef into the lake what's to stop them from eventually raping this reef like they supposedly did the Cheniere reef? You would think if a reef was put in for recreation it wouldn't be allowed to be harvested for oysters.
Cheniere reef had a loop hole that the "Lobbyist" found and won the fight.

When Cheniere installed the reef they labeled for "ALL" which meant commercial and recreation

Cheniere south from what im hearing is basically back to day 1 status as they pretty much rapped every oyster off of it so your looking at 3 years with zero harvest to get back right.

So any mark you had on that reef in years passed for trout you can delete and start over
Old 03-27-2017, 07:35 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Yep

As of right now they plan on starting in 2019 with lower end of lake .
I saw the blue prints this pass fall.

They also have plans to close turners bay off but that is still many years away .

Right now they will focus on south end
Would you mind explaining to us how this will help them lake? Honest question not sarcasm.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

[QUOTE=seachaser250;818037]Would you mind explaining to us how this will help them lake? Honest question not sarcasm

It will keep the fluctuation of salt water and silt from being so extreme on every outgoing/incoming tide.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachaser250 View Post
Would you mind explaining to us how this will help them lake? Honest question not sarcasm.
Will help in a number of ways

1st and most important is it will lower the salinity in the lake which will allow the weirs to stay open 24/7 365 and with lower salinity you will have a stronger and healthier marsh .

2nd it will stop erosion and land loss inside the lake and lower end.

3rd it will stop slit building up on reefs and killing them along channel like wash out, 9 mile , long point , old Jetties reefs and many other small ones close to channel
- also when you stop slit and lower salinity your natural oyster beds will flurish and come back stronger and healthier than ever .
High salinity levels over oyster beds cause several problems including drill snails

Overall outcome is Healthier marsh , which feeds the lake which is key to our estuary success . More shrimp ,more crabs ,more fish , more oysters and more habits .
Old 03-29-2017, 07:42 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

what, if any, are the negatives to come from this? also how long will the projects take?
Old 03-30-2017, 04:46 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,091

Hum, like another on here i dont live near BL or have a ' dog in the fight ' . but i will say this : with what im seeing on here , and im sure im not the only one, this fight is affecting your local economy . I for one am retiring this summer and have yet to decide where down there. I normally hire a guide but have just bought a boat but still im gonna spend my time AND $$$ in south La. Truth told im looking more easterly now . Still not sure where , Venice, GI, even out to Hopedale/shell . I know same problems elsewhere but some of you guys are painting a bleak picture of BL ?, the silt, salinity , lack of oyster bars etc.......just my 2 cents.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:54 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyjohn View Post
Hum, like another on here i dont live near BL or have a ' dog in the fight ' . but i will say this : with what im seeing on here , and im sure im not the only one, this fight is affecting your local economy . I for one am retiring this summer and have yet to decide where down there. I normally hire a guide but have just bought a boat but still im gonna spend my time AND $$$ in south La. Truth told im looking more easterly now . Still not sure where , Venice, GI, even out to Hopedale/shell . I know same problems elsewhere but some of you guys are painting a bleak picture of BL ?, the silt, salinity , lack of oyster bars etc.......just my 2 cents.
You are getting a very one sided take on this
Old 03-30-2017, 08:08 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Dularge is the hot spot on the LA coast right now.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:32 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
You are getting a very one sided take on this
Explain ????
Old 03-30-2017, 08:33 AM
Flounder

Cash: 689

spoke with the COE project manager said he's heard nothing bout a rock wall at south end of the lake as of this date but time will tell.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:34 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM1971 View Post
what, if any, are the negatives to come from this? also how long will the projects take?
Dont think it will have any negative impact because stopping erosion or slit can only make things better
Old 03-30-2017, 08:36 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboragleyfire View Post
spoke with the COE project manager said he's heard nothing bout a rock wall at south end of the lake as of this date but time will tell.
What is COE ?

I know 100% its going to happen , I seen the blue prints been to the meetings and spoke with the head guy in charge several times.

I will find his info and post it ..
Old 03-30-2017, 11:05 AM
Flounder

Cash: 684

http://www.kplctv.com/story/35018471...help-fisheries
Old 03-30-2017, 11:08 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:

The east side of the state is easier to catch fish
Old 03-30-2017, 12:40 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboragleyfire View Post
Its also not a rock wall its going to be built with concrete and build like a real wall , will have 3 boat slips in it .

Im going to see if I can get a copy of the blue prints and post them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsuriot View Post
Old 03-30-2017, 12:58 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,080
Default found this

http://cims.coastal.louisiana.gov/ou...projID=CS-0065

click on document tab.