SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 08-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650
FlagUS Week 16 - Wednesday Afternoon Fishing Dogfight

Hey Guys: Here are the results of Week 16 of the Wednesday Afternoon Fishing Dogfights.

The start of Week Sixteen's tournament was right on schedule. The lack of cloud cover made it really hot and coupled with high humidity made it a notch above bareable........lol The majority of the fishermen voted to end the tournament at 8:45 pm. Below are the results of week 16:

1st Place Team was the duo of Robert Weemes & David Rabalais with a 5 fish limit that weighed in at 6.19 pounds. Their stringer was anchored by the Big Bass of the night a real nice 2.18 pounder. Robert won Wendi's Flower Cart Dozen Roses for catching the Big Bass he said the big fish was captured on a topwater plug. They caught their bass of the tournament on topwater and plastic lures on the West Fork. They were the highest placing team with a Toyota Truck and was awarded $100 Toyota Bonus Cash from Lake Charles Toyota. Their total earnings of the night was $451.

2nd Place Team was awardedto Troy Tate & Paul Frilot for their 5 fish limit that weighed 5.24 pounds. They had a respectable stringer anchored with their biggest fish a 1.51 pounder. They caught their fish in the main River on a jig. For their effort they were awarded $91.

3rd Place Team was Sanford Fontenot with a 4 fish stringer that weighed 4.45 pounds. His stringer was anchored with a 1.59 pounder. He qualified for the Championship in September where in that Championship Tournament the highest placing team trailering their boat to and from the landing with a Toyota Truck or SUV they will win a one day guided fishing trip with Joe Joslin on Toledo Bend from Joe Joslin Outdoors and Lake Charles Toyota.

2nd Place Big Bass weighed 1.65 and was captured by Kevin Booty. The fish was caught in the West Fork on a tiny torpedo. He won the $25 Wendi's Flower Cart Bonus Cash.

The contestants were treated to door prizes from Lake Charles Tackle and Seven-O-Electric. This upcoming week remember if you purchase anything from Parkside Marina ask them for a receipt then write your name on the back of the receipt and drop it in the container marked Parkside Drawing. From those receipts we will draw for a 6 pack of your choice at the end of the tournament. Brayden Wood was the lucky 6 pack recipient this week.

Championship Qualifiers

Week 1 – Jared Libee & Trent McDaniel
Week 2 – Greg Byrley & Chad Koonce
Week 3 – John Louviere & Chris Louviere
Week 4 – Shannon Thibodeaux & Aaron Bourgeois
Week 5 – Mike and Angel Rhodes
Week 6 - Doug Guins & Josh Byrd
Week 7 - Carl & Jason Flanagan
Week 8 - Troy Tate & Paul Frilot
Week 9 - Buddy Pesson & Steve Goff
Week 10 - Mike Johnson & Jason Wilkinson
Week 11 - Robert Weemes & David Rabalais
Week 12 - Danny Benard & Thomas Alleman

Week 13 -Vince Sonnier & Jordan Breaux
Week 14 - Mark Forrester & Brandon Gaspard
Week 15 - Lindsey McFatter & Pat McFatter
Week 16 - Sanford Fontenot

Please remember our sponsors:

[SIZE=4]Lake Charles Toyota[/SIZE]
(I have been acquainted with Philip Tarver - owner - for over 39 years and he is a good guy. The people that help him operate his dealership are like him the nicest in town. Stop by and see for yourself. When you visit Lake Charles Toyota be sure to take a test ride in the new Tundra Truck and please thank them for their generous sponsorship of our tournament.)

Winners of the Toyota Bonus Cash:
Week 1 - Shane Cormier $100
Week 2 - Greg Byrley & Chad Koonce $100
Week 3 - Robert Weemes and David Rabalais $100
Week 4 - Shane Cormier $100
Week 5 – Robert Weemes and David Rabalais $100
Week 6 - Buddy Pesson & Steve Goff - $100
Week 7 - Robert Weemes and David Rabalais $100
Week 8 - Troy Tate & Paul Frilot $100
Week 9 - Buddy Pesson & Steve Goff - $100
Week 10 - Buddy Pesson & Steve Goff - $100
Week 11 - Buddy Pesson & Steve Goff - $100
Week 12 - Buddy Pesson & Steve Goff - $100
Week 13 - Robert Weemes and David Rabalais $100
Week 14 - Troy Tate & Paul Frilot $100
Week 15 - Troy Tate & Paul Frilot $100
Week 16 - Robert Weemes and David Rabalais $100

The next Lake Charles Toyota Bonus Cash payout will be at the end of Week 20's weigh in.

[SIZE=4]Wendi's Flower Cart [/SIZE]
(Go by and see Ray Bustillo and/or his wife Wendi. Ray always has time to listen to a good fishing story and will always have time to tell you one. Ray and Wendi were recently voted by the Lake Charles City Police the Outstanding Citizens of 2009. Great people to know and do business with. Ray and Wendi are in the process of re-modeling their home so he has not been able to fish much so go by and tell him a fish story. Thanks Ray for your help in recording weights for the weigh in tonight).

[SIZE=4]Lake Charles Tackle[/SIZE]
(The best place in town for your fishing and hunting needs. While you are there you will see that they do live up to their slogan "where service is the catch". Please go by and check out their huge selections of fishing lures and be sure to thank them for the tremendous "door prizes" they provide each week. David Rabalais, co-owner has been a regular contestant in this years Dogfights and part of the winning team for tonight go by and find out how he did it. He like the rest of their staff are always available for some good local fishing information)

[SIZE=4]Seven-O-Electric[/SIZE]
(Doug Guins and his staff are great and you can see and talk to Doug almost every week at the Dogfight. When you talk to him please thank him for the door prizes he provides for us on Wednesday nights. Not only is he a good person and fisherman but he and his staff are great electricians. Doug fished with Annabelle his daughter and she showed everyone how to win door prizes and I hope her Dad has to buy her a new Trolling motor to go with the grass stripper she won tonight...lol)

[SIZE=4]Parkside Marina[/SIZE]
(Tom Mayo does a great job as our Dogfight Tournament host).

[SIZE=4]Joe Joslin Outdoors[/SIZE]
(If you or your company are looking for a quality fishing trip on Toledo Bend call Joe Joslin. He is a really good guy and knows where and how to fish. I have fished with him and I am very impressed with his operation. Be sure to read his column in the American Press every Thursday.)
See you guys and gals in a few days....................

Now forward this email to 7 other fishermen and you will catch more fish in the next tournament ...........................lol

If you know anyone interested in receiving these results please send me their email address and I will add them to the list.

Pictures:
001 - Robert Weemes (L) & David Rabalais (R) 1st Place and Big Bass

002 - Troy Tate (L) & Paul Frilot (R) 2nd Place
003 - Sanford Fontenot qualified for the Championship on Sept 16th.

If you are a winner in the tournament please hang around for a while so I can take some pictures after the Awards Ceremony.......thanks

Good luck on your next fishing trip,

Ron Castille
337-477-5260 office
337-842-2611 cell
roncastilleprod@bellsouth.net

Old 08-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

i got the six pack of my choice!!...but err it turned in to a 12 pack of cokes
LOL

thanks for the tourney Mr. Ron
Old 08-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Sand Trout

Good job with the 12 pack - in several years that could turn into a six pack..................! ! ! ! ......lol
Old 08-13-2009, 10:56 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
i got the six pack of my choice!!...but err it turned in to a 12 pack of cokes
LOL

thanks for the tourney Mr. Ron
Fool when I saw that I was thinking if you got a 6pack of coors light or a 6pack of Dr Pepper
Old 08-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Hey David Rabalais I will let you borrow my razer to get a shave boy. You are starting to lool like me lol.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 550

how many more tourneys are there going to be this year?
Old 08-14-2009, 05:53 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

that was 16.....they do up to 20
Old 08-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 809

I think I remember Robert Weemes. I used to work at Himont/Montell with him about 12-15 years ago. He was a Millright out there back then and I was an Inspector.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:01 PM
Sand Trout

Next Wednesday will be Week 17. I run them for 20 weeks then on the 21st week we have a Championship. The highest placing team that has not previously qualified can qualify. There will be a maximum of 20 teams on Wednesday Sept 16, 2009. $2.00 of each entry through out the 20 week series is what the qualifiers are fishing for. If the trend of 10 to 14 boats per week continues we should have between $400 and $500 accumulated for the Championship. Last week I had to go to 3rd place to offer them a chance at the Championship. Both 1st and 2nd place had already qualified. The week before I went to 4th place. The regular tournament start at 4:45 pm and end at dark thirty but the Championship will begin at 4:00 pm to give them a bit more fishing time...........Ron 337-842-2611