SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 09-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650
FlagUS Results - 2009 Championship Wednesday Afternoon Fishing Dogfights

[SIZE=5]Here are the results of the [/SIZE]
[SIZE=6]2009 Wednesday Afternoon Fishing Dogfight Championship.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]15 Teams of the 20 possible teams showed up to fish the 2009 Championship.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]This years Championship Team is the duo of [/SIZE][SIZE=5]Troy Tate & Paul Frilot with a outstanding 5 fish limit that weighed in at 8.16 pounds. Their stringer was anchored by the Big Bass of the tournament a nice 2.26 pounder. They caught their bass of the tournament on chug bugs in the main River. They reported catching around 20 bass in the 4 hour tournament. They were the highest placing team trailering their boat to and from the landing with a Toyota Truck or SUV and by doing so they won a one day guided fishing trip with Joe Joslin on Toledo Bend from Joe Joslin Outdoors and Lake Charles Toyota. Their total earnings of the night was valued at $990. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]Great Job............................[/SIZE]

2nd Place Team was awardedto Kevin Booty & Willard Booty for their 5 fish limit that weighed 7.31 pounds. They had a respectable stringer anchored with their biggest fish a 1.85 pounder. Willard stated that he had been fishing a chug bug since 1996 and it had not let him down yet and that lure was responsible for their 2nd place stringer. I know that the chug bug is a great lure but the two guys working it properly has more to do with catching fish than the lure does alone. For their effort they were awarded $272. Great Job...................

3rd Place Team was Buddy Pesson & Steve Goff with a 5 fish stringer that weighed 6.11 pounds. Their stringer was anchored with a 1.60 pounder. They captured most of their fish on chug bugs and buzz baits in the West Fork and Calcasieu River.

4th Place Team of Doug Guins & Josh Byrd finished with a weight of 5.80 pounds. Their largest fish of their stringer was 1.30 pounds.

5th Place Team of Mark Forrester & Brandon Gaspard had a 1.42 kicker and a stringer weight of 5.37 pounds.

6th Place: Lindsey McFatter & Pat McFatter with 5.21 pounds. Lindsey caught the 2nd Big Bass of the Tournament a nice 2.02 pounder. She had the second largest bass but she is much better looking than the guy that caught the Big Bass......lol

7th Place: Danny Bernard & Thomas Alleman with 3.92 pounds.

8th Place: Len Pauley & Ryan Boyde (Team Orange) with 3.05 pounds.

9th Place: Vince Sonnier with 2.30 pounds.

10th Place: Sanford Fontenot with 2.42 pounds.

11th Place: John Louviere with 2.30 pounds.

12th Place: Mike Rhodes & Angel Rhodes with 1.65 pounds.

13th Place: Mike Johnson & Jason Wilkinson with .84 pounds

14th Place : Daniel Forrester DNW
Robert Weemes & David Rabalais DNW

The contestants were treated to hamburgers and snacks from Wendi's Flower Cart (Ray & Wendi Bustillo) and Seven-0-Electric (Doug Guins). The food really hit the spot. Thanks to these fine companies for them providing the sponsorship to help make the 2009 Championship one to remember.

Door prizes were furnished to contestants and guest from Lake Charles Tackle. Thanks for supplying some really great door prizes all season long. The non contestant door prize that was donated by Lake Charles Tackle was well received by the crowd.

Josh Byrd was the lucky 6 pack recipient this week donated by Parkside Marina.

[SIZE=4]I would like to thank everyone for their help in making this year better than last year and I hope that the trend continues with a even better season next year. I am open for your suggestions in ways to increase participation thus increasing the cash payouts as well as the number of places paid. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]I appreciate Corey Tarver with Lake Charles Toyota, Joe Joslin with Joe Joslin Outdoors, Shannon Spell with the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury, Doug Guins with Seven-O-Electric, Aaron Snatic with Lake Charles Tackle, Taylor Arceneaux, Jason Hawes and Ray Bustillo with Wendi's Flower Cart for their help in making the 2009 Championship a memorable one.[/SIZE]

Championship Qualifiers

Week 1 – Jared Libee & Trent McDaniel
Week 2 – Greg Byrley & Chad Koonce
Week 3 – John Louviere & Chris Louviere
Week 4 – Shannon Thibodeaux & Aaron Bourgeois
Week 5 – Mike and Angel Rhodes
Week 6 - Doug Guins & Josh Byrd
Week 7 - Carl & Jason Flanagan
Week 8 - Troy Tate & Paul Frilot
Week 9 - Buddy Pesson & Steve Goff
Week 10 - Mike Johnson & Jason Wilkinson
Week 11 - Robert Weemes & David Rabalais
Week 12 - Danny Benard & Thomas Alleman
Week 13 -Vince Sonnier & Jordan Breaux
Week 14 - Mark Forrester & Brandon Gaspard
Week 15 - Lindsey McFatter & Pat McFatter
Week 16 - Sanford Fontenot
Week 17 - Doug Guing & Gary Guins
Week 18 - Kevin Booty & Willard Booty
Week 19 - Mark Forrester & Daniel Forrester
Week 20 - Ryan Boyd & Len Pauley

Please remember our sponsors:

[SIZE=4]Lake Charles Toyota[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]337-478-3511[/SIZE]
(I have been acquainted with Philip Tarver - owner - for over 39 years and he is a good guy. The people that help him operate his dealership are like him the nicest in town. Stop by and see for yourself. When you visit Lake Charles Toyota be sure to take a test ride in the new Tundra Truck and please thank them for their generous sponsorship of our tournament.)

Winners of the Toyota Bonus Cash:
Week 1 - Shane Cormier $100
Week 2 - Greg Byrley & Chad Koonce $100
Week 3 - Robert Weemes and David Rabalais $100
Week 4 - Shane Cormier $100
Week 5 – Robert Weemes and David Rabalais $100
Week 6 - Buddy Pesson & Steve Goff - $100
Week 7 - Robert Weemes and David Rabalais $100
Week 8 - Troy Tate & Paul Frilot $100
Week 9 - Buddy Pesson & Steve Goff - $100
Week 10 - Buddy Pesson & Steve Goff - $100
Week 11 - Buddy Pesson & Steve Goff - $100
Week 12 - Buddy Pesson & Steve Goff - $100
Week 13 - Robert Weemes and David Rabalais $100
Week 14 - Troy Tate & Paul Frilot $100
Week 15 - Troy Tate & Paul Frilot $100
Week 16 - Robert Weemes and David Rabalais $100
Week 17 - Robert Weemes and David Rabalais $100
Week 18 - Doug Guins & Josh Byrd $100
Week 19 - Troy Tate & Paul Frilot $100
Week 20 - Rickey A. Cunningham & Rickey L. Cunningham

[SIZE=4]Wendi's Flower Cart [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]337-474-5236[/SIZE]
(Go by and see Ray Bustillo and/or his wife Wendi. Ray always has time to listen to a good fishing story and will always have time to tell you one. Ray and Wendi were recently voted by the Lake Charles City Police the Outstanding Citizens of 2009. Great people to know and do business with).
[SIZE=4]Lake Charles Tackle[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]337-479-2999[/SIZE]
(The best place in town for your fishing and hunting needs. While you are there you will see that they do live up to their slogan "where service is the catch". Please go by and check out their huge selections of fishing lures and be sure to thank them for the tremendous "door prizes" they provide each week. David Rabalais, co-owner has been a regular contestant in this years Dogfights and part of the winning team for tonight go by and find out how he did it. He like the rest of their staff are always available for some good local fishing information)

[SIZE=4]Seven-O-Electric[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]337-794-2704[/SIZE]
(Doug Guins and his staff are great and you can see and talk to Doug almost every week at the Dogfight. When you talk to him please thank him for the door prizes he provides for us on Wednesday nights. Not only is he a good person and fisherman but he and his staff are great electricians.)

[SIZE=4]Parkside Marina[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]337-855-7591[/SIZE]
(Tom Mayo does a great job as our Dogfight Tournament host).

[SIZE=4]Joe Joslin Outdoors[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][SIZE=3]www.joejoslinoutdoors.com[/SIZE] [/SIZE]
(If you or your company are looking for a quality fishing trip on Toledo Bend call Joe Joslin. He is a really good guy and knows where and how to fish. I have fished with him and I am very impressed with his operation. Be sure to read his column in the American Press every Thursday.)

Good luck on your next fishing trip,

Ron Castille
337-842-2611

Old 09-17-2009, 11:41 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

say gurl.

hahaha

great job man looks like a good time
Old 09-18-2009, 06:38 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
say gurl.

hahaha

great job man looks like a good time

good tournament mr. ron...tried to make it to weigh in but didnt..
Old 09-18-2009, 07:48 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

Thanks Ron.... I been trying to go fish with fool but cant get off of work....
Old 09-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650

Hey guys: I will be having some open tournaments and some Invitational Tournaments this fall and next spring before the Dogfights start up again in April.....I will keep ya'll posted.........thanks for the great comments......Go McNeese, Tigers and Saints.......
I have always pulled for two pro football teams the New Orleans Saints and whoever is playing Dallas.....lol Ron
Old 09-20-2009, 09:32 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfishunt View Post
Hey guys: I will be having some open tournaments and some Invitational Tournaments this fall and next spring before the Dogfights start up again in April.....I will keep ya'll posted.........thanks for the great comments......Go McNeese, Tigers and Saints.......
I have always pulled for two pro football teams the New Orleans Saints and whoever is playing Dallas.....lol Ron

I'd defiantly be interested in some spring tourneys. You got my email adress.
Old 09-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Banned

nice pictures, keep up the good work!