SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion

Offshore Fishing Discussion Discuss everything bluewater from pelagics to reef fish here!

Old 09-09-2015, 11:24 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182
Default 3 boats needed LDWF help

Release Date: 09/09/2015
A Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries Enforcement Division agent rescued eight people from the Gulf of Mexico on Sept. 6 in Vermilion Parish.
Sgt. Nicholas Guillory received a call from dispatch around 1 p.m. on Sept. 6 of a vessel that recently launched at Rollover Landing near Pecan Island taking on water. He made contact with the vessel occupants who said they travelled south in Rollover Bayou and were in the Gulf of Mexico when a storm kicked up producing high seas and lots of wind.
Sgt. Guillory was able to get to the location where Rollover Bayou met the Gulf of Mexico in the pouring rain when he spotted one individual in the mud up to his waist. He was able to pull him from the mud and get him in his boat.
Sgt. Guillory then noticed two other individuals in a vessel that was taking on water and managed to get those two in his boat. He also towed their boat safely back to the inside part of the canal and out of the rough seas of the Gulf of Mexico.
Knowing that the three individuals he brought safely to the inside waters were not the original people that needed help, Sgt. Guillory went back into the Gulf of Mexico. He traveled about a mile west and found two more vessels in trouble. One of the vessels was completely beached and the other was completely under water.
Sgt. Guillory was able to grab two of the individuals from the sunken vessel and put them in his vessel. The three people from the beached vessel were on the beach.
Sgt. Guillory then hooked his vessel up to the beached vessel and was able to pull the vessel back into the water. The vessel started up and he put two of the people on land in that vessel. Sgt. Guillory then towed the sunken vessel to a position to get enough water out so that it could float enough to be towed to inside waters. The last person on shore got in Sgt. Guillory’s vessel.
In total Sgt. Guillory was able to rescue eight people and recover three vessels safely and get them back to the boat launch in Rollover Bayou.
For more information, contact Adam Einck at 225-765-2465 or aeinck@wlf.la.gov.
Old 09-09-2015, 11:54 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,461
Default Superman

Wow, Stg. Guillory must have been wearing his cape, hats off to him. Not only did he have the experience and Seamanship to perform all the tasks; he chose to go above and beyond. Sounds like he could have easily gotten himself in trouble but I'm glad he didn't. Great story thanks for sharing, we need more like him.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:30 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,439

Awesome story. We should all be proud to have wildlife agents like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2015, 06:01 AM
Redfish

Cash: 750

Great Job Sgt. Nick Guillory!!!! ��������
Hands Down to you my friend!!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:02 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 921

this might not be a popular opinion, but ........

calling 911 and making somebody risk their lives to save moron's who should of had the sense to not get into a bad situation makes zero sense to me.
could of been 8 less mouth breathers out there and the world would be a better place.
now they are still around to breed and make more idiots.

they will think nothing of doing even more stupid things because somebody will bail them out.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:06 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Stealth View Post
Wow, Stg. Guillory must have been wearing his cape, hats off to him. Not only did he have the experience and Seamanship to perform all the tasks; he chose to go above and beyond. Sounds like he could have easily gotten himself in trouble but I'm glad he didn't. Great story thanks for sharing, we need more like him.
x2
Old 09-10-2015, 07:13 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopete View Post

calling 911 and making somebody risk their lives to save moron's who should of had the sense to not get into a bad situation makes zero sense to me.
could of been 8 less mouth breathers out there and the world would be a better place.

they will think nothing of doing even more stupid things because somebody will bail them out.
Lets hope you never need help from anyone regardless of situation.

Ive been in bad situations that could have been avoidable. Not to say I'm a moron but not all situations are foreseeable. Next time you get into a car wreck don't bother calling 911.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:51 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:

Can I ask you a personal question? Are you a sociopath?
Old 09-10-2015, 08:06 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 720
Default Rescue

This storm could been seen coming in from miles away, dropped heavy rain and some decent winds. Watched it from the camp, was not heading out with that in the gulf. If your going to run out in the gulf in a 14' flat with a small outboard your taking a big chance. Sometimes 25# of shrimp and 12 dozen crabs ain't worth it! Hats off to this agent.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:59 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Glad to see there's a few good ones out there. At least he didn't try to pin a felony on them like chris hoag tried to do with me and my buddy.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:04 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 978

Hats off to Sgt. Guillory and all the men/women of LDWF.

On another note....He who has not made one bad decision in their life may cast the first stone.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:27 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726

From the situation at that time it sounds like a storm came up and they could not avoid it. We have these pop up storms almost every day this time of the year. I ran around one 2 days ago. Rough seas in shallow water can mess up anybody's day. Not everybody can make the perfect decision all the time. I have had many things happen out there. My experience and training has helped me. Not everybody has been through what I have. At 73 I am still learning by my mistakes. This is not a situation to be critical of.

Sgt. Guillory did a great job.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:49 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

Quote:

So by that logic, if you see your neighbor's house burning, you won't be calling 911?
If your neighbor's house is being broken in to, you don't think you should call police?
What DOES it take for you to call 911? When it's YOU that needs help?
Old 09-10-2015, 11:09 AM
Redfish

Cash: 419

Quote:
moron's who should of had the sense

I think you mean morons who should have had the sense...

Usually folks that throw around the term "mouth breathers" are guilty of doing the same on occasion. Please refrain from blasting others unless you are beyond reproach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2015, 12:33 PM
Redfish

Cash: 848

Sgt. Guillory is a hero and deserves a medal for his actions that day.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:48 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Glad to see there's a few good ones out there. At least he didn't try to pin a felony on them like chris hoag tried to do with me and my buddy.
Care to share?
Old 09-10-2015, 01:08 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

I hope you never get caught in a storm while on the water....

I must be a mouth breather because it has happened to me luckily I was able to turn, run and hide.

Quote:

Old 09-10-2015, 01:10 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Lol you not gonna drop that one are you?
Old 09-10-2015, 01:26 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

This is what I expected to hear from someone as experienced as Capt. Hoop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt hoop View Post
From the situation at that time it sounds like a storm came up and they could not avoid it. We have these pop up storms almost every day this time of the year. I ran around one 2 days ago. Rough seas in shallow water can mess up anybody's day. Not everybody can make the perfect decision all the time. I have had many things happen out there. My experience and training has helped me. Not everybody has been through what I have. At 73 I am still learning by my mistakes. This is not a situation to be critical of.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:48 PM
Red Snapper

Default Capt Hoop doin great for 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt hoop View Post

Damn Capt. Hoop your a 73? You must have found the fountain of youth out on the water. Your more active than many people half your age.