SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-13-2017, 06:48 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default Beautiful Day At The Beach......

for flying a kite, floating in the water sippin on a cold one, throwing a Frisbee to ur dog, relaxing under a top in the shade, etc etc etc. But if u were speckled trout fishing it likely was not a good day for that! Got to little Florida around 7am. I knew It was too early but wanted to go anyway and had a backup plan. Water was horrible so didn't even make a cast. Headed for the ship channel. I fished that channel for 4 hours and caught one 2" croaker then threw it out for bait. That was my only bite of the day! This guy from Crowley got there same time I did and he did catch a keeper trout on LSU cocahoe. Tried that too. We threw everything. Shrimp would die almost as soon as u put hook thru them. Water was so fresh. Finally around 11:30am I decided to leave. I went back to little Florida just to see. Water did clean up but very little. I put my hand flat in water and when I got down to about 4 inches couldn't see it anymore. Fish still have to eat I thought and it was nice having that north wind blocked so I waded out. 1:30pm that was over too. I have never in my life fished that hard for trout and not caught one. Especially at the channel. I have always caught a few there and that was my only backup plan not having my boat. Maybe they ate last night with that full moon. IDK! Definitely not going back in am. If I didn't have to work nights I may go check it out tomorrow evening if the north wind last that long. Tide was way out. Did not have much of an incoming tide at all and had hard out going tide later. The shrimp boats were up close to the banks not helping anything. I fully expected to not catch much on the beach but the channel surprised me a little. Had I not seen that trout caught I don't think id believed it, lol. We have been having a boat tipped planned for Monday and I just may cancel that one too. Have not been in the lake but I'm sure the south end of big lake and south end of west cove was about the only decent water anywhere and that hard north wind likely just messed that up too. I see Waltrip caught a nice mess on 11th in Calcasieu and Adams caught some nice ones last night but not sure if he was in Calcasieu or not. My confidence is low enough when its muddy but I have none at all when its this fresh and muddy. Curious to see if anyone found them today. I talked to a lady that works for wildlife and fisheries at hog island gully and she had just come from all the lodges and at 1pm guides were still out and struggling she said. She always checks the ear bones in my fish at Calcasieu point and was having a hard time finding anyone with trout and had only seen a few reds. Better luck next time I hope.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:08 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,039

Gotta take the bad with the good. Glad i stayed home today to do yard work and a little bathroom remodeling. Thanks for the report!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2017, 01:35 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 729

MEM, brought " the boss" (my wife) and one of my sons out yesterday. First trip since December, good to go fishing, but didn't keep a fish. One 15" red and a bunch of dinks. I thought it was my bad luck, but looks like its tough all over.
Thanks for your reports, helps when some of us live 2+ hours away.
Old 05-16-2017, 08:41 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

Thanks for report. I posted my boat-ride report from Sunday, stuck to north end, nada.
You get a chance to go yesterday?
Old 05-20-2017, 03:34 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Deja vu over here. this past Monday I went a put a new cranking battery and filled the tank up and when I rounded the curve to get to my road the wheel, hub, bearing, etc fell off again. going to do what I should have in 1998. getting a tandem axle for that heavy boat.