SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 04-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Fog and storms

Super strike and many others canceled offshore trips due to the weather. I has 2 guys for an inshore trip for Super Strike. We had to wait out the fog somewhat in the morning. As it was letting up we headed out. We ran into some thick banks on our way out.

Once in our area the water was looking good but the fish were not cooperating. To say it was slow was an understatement. We finally found a flounder.

The other 2 boats with us were getting a few rat reds and 1 or 2 decent ones but the wait was a long time in between. Late in the morning the family boat with 5 fishing had 5 reds then the bite ended. The other boat with us had 3 and we only had 2 flounder in the boat. I moved out to another pond and a well placed cast back into the rozos produced a rod bending drag screaming redfish. This fish got the academy award from me. It did not want to come out of the rozos and once in the open it did everything a redfish is famous for. At the boat it turns tail, runs out, and sets up for another fight. I was glad to put the net under this beauty. It measured out at 27 1/2 inches.

We did find a couple of smaller reds but that was it before a big thunderstorm forced us in. Just before the storm was to hit us it fizzled out but we were already in as were all the other inshore boats. There are no rigs to hide under for safety during a nasty thunder storm when we are inshore. We may have done better if we stayed but we had to seek safety with the thunder and lightning so close. Nobody had a limit but tomorrow is another day. I have plans of going to an area I fish a lot and have done well in weather and fog permitting. Got a report today the trout are starting to starting to show up there.

Life is Good!

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters