SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 04-05-2014, 08:22 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default More storms with fish

Had the same 2 guys (2coolers) from yesterday. We met at the dock and had breakfast while waiting for the deluge to let up a bit. While passing time a comment was made about my post on 2cool from yesterday. That is the only site that does not allow a comment about a fishing report. I never know what people think about my posts and I am unable to answer any questions about the reports.

Once we thought the front had moved far enough out I headed down river. About 10 miles down we got socked in with blinding rain and I broke out the bit of rain gear I had available. We hung out in front pilot town until it thinned out enough to give us some visibility. The rain still stung my face and ears but we continued on. I ran down some passes, cuts, and pipelines until I hit the open bay. Getting across it was interesting. Once in a little pond we set up and it was instant rod bending.

This guy will make any fish look small. Trust me! We started putting some good ones in the boat and it was already better than yesterday.

This fish had 10 spots on him and at 15 1/2 inches it went back to make somebody happy in the future.

It looked like we were going to limit out today but as quickly as things heated up they cooled down. We lost a couple of good ones during the fight. No gear or fisherman problem they just came unbuttoned. That's fishing for ya! The fish were there but locked up. It is almost noon and we make a move 5 miles further away. We are wet and cold at this time but I had to make one more try. If I didn't it would been like I just gave up on the day. The ride to the new place was another cold stinging rain run. Upon arrival there Is one boat there and he said the bite was just ending. Another boat comes into the pond along with me. He sets up and hooks up to a redfish. I set up and strike out. Both boats leave and I am seeing some water that is noticeably cleaner. At this time I have no intention of going anywhere else My next move is to the barn. OOPS!!!! Look what I found-----

That's it! A surprise yellow mouth. Nice bonus for the day. You know they are usually not alone. The bite was slow but we stayed for quite a while till the water color changed and the bite stopped. We put 9 of these beauties in the box to add to our catch.

As a topping on the cake we added this as we were heading out of the pond.

We also caught an undersized black drum and a garfish.

Our ride in was windy as heck and almost dry but just south of the jump the sky opens up again. Why change our day at this time? The good part of the day was we did a lot better today than yesterday with only 1/2 of the fishermen. The bad part was the soaking rain and wind.

The customers were happy with my efforts and our catch today of six reds and 9 trout in the box, a few misses, and some throwbacks.

I came home to this.

Good thing I mowed Thursday. Hope it dries out for the scouts next weekend. They come down from Baton Rouge and camp out every year in my back yard on a Friday. They spend Saturday fishing down here then pack up the tents and go back home. When they leave it is like there never was a tent pitched out back. This was last year.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
Old 04-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Flounder

Cash: 553

Great post. Keep it up.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2014, 08:42 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Way to keep after em Capt.