SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 04-16-2014, 10:52 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 0
FlagUS Great Trout Bite!

More of the same nasty conditions on Monday morning. Day 2 with Bob Jardine and Allen Hickman was another great experience for the Pennsylvania crew. The winds were howling 20-25 out of the south and I was very apprehensive on how our day would go. Bob had the big red honor from the previous day so Alan was looking to bump him down with an even larger redfish. Of course before that could happen we just had to try the trout for at least an hour! Our first stop in the whitecaps did not produce a bite. Our second stop is where we hit the silver...as in speckled trout silver!! We started chunking bunker swimbaits in 1 foot rollers and the trout were eating it up as fast as we cast to them! Nice trout up to 20 inches! The action soon played out and with 24 fish on ice the guys were starting to like this trout fishing!! They didn't even mention the word redfish so I decided to take full advantage of the situation to try one more spot. Our next stop was simply incredible as we began slinging in hungry yellowmouths immediately with some nice reds in the 7-9lb range mixed in with the trout. We had reds swimming by the boat in packs of 6-8 fish and they destroyed the bunker swimbaits! Now everybody was happy happy happy!! For another 2 hours we whacked and stacked the trout on swimbaits. I chunked out a VuDu shrimp and the trout were trying to inhale the cork!! Naturally I switched over to topwater and the bite was renewed with blow-ups on every cast! Some of the trout would blow up on the lures 5 or 6 times before getting a hook set! Talk about exciting!! My Pennsylvania guys couldn't get enough of it as we stacked the cooler to the top! I can't tell you how many fish we missed that day on topwater alone! We only kept 2 reds to put on the grill and brough back a full box of trout. Afterwards we took a break and it was on for Mr bull red. Alan never did catch a 30 lb red to pass up Bob but he got his share of smaller fish and had a blast doing it! These guys will be back for more as they both said our fisheries is the best they've seen anywhere. But we already know that!!! Good luck fishing.
Capt Bill Lake
985-637-3712
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 032.jpg (74.1 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg 039.jpg (40.6 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 062.jpg (66.6 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg 057.jpg (44.7 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg 027.jpg (56.3 KB, 81 views)