SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:35 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Just saw this:
http://www.louisianasportsman.com/details.php?id=11222
Old 08-30-2017, 11:06 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
It's been bad guys, appreciate all that have helped.
X2
Old 08-31-2017, 09:02 AM
Redfish

Cash: 888

it is pretty bad. Spent the day in Orange yesterday. had to come to work today, but will be back on the water tomorrow. If anyone wants to jump in my boat, I'll be by myself. Carolina Skiff J16 w/ 25hp
Old 08-31-2017, 11:03 AM
Flounder

Cash: 566

How are you supposed to use the apps to help?
Old 08-31-2017, 11:18 AM
Flounder

Cash: 566

NM, figured it out.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:30 PM
Redfish

Cash: 773

Yes rescue boats were shot at in Houston. We were told to pack heavy and shoot back if fired upon. Actually quit sending boats to a certain neighborhood in Houston. My overall experience rescuing from my 1542 aluminum bateau with 40hp Yamaha Monday and Tuesday in Houston and yesterday in Port Arthur was extremely positive. Residents and local LE were appreciative that we were there. In all cases we were more informed than local LE about rescue needs and areas. Nothing but respect for everyone I met. Amazing response from civilians and pros alike. Louisiana was very well represented in the rescue effort. I guess I overdid it because now I'm laid up sick....
Old 09-01-2017, 11:53 AM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,174

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverenuf View Post
Yes rescue boats were shot at in Houston. We were told to pack heavy and shoot back if fired upon. Actually quit sending boats to a certain neighborhood in Houston. My overall experience rescuing from my 1542 aluminum bateau with 40hp Yamaha Monday and Tuesday in Houston and yesterday in Port Arthur was extremely positive. Residents and local LE were appreciative that we were there. In all cases we were more informed than local LE about rescue needs and areas. Nothing but respect for everyone I met. Amazing response from civilians and pros alike. Louisiana was very well represented in the rescue effort. I guess I overdid it because now I'm laid up sick....
Appreciate your service.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:56 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Guys I've been rhere since last nite... orange and port Arthur lumberton area are needed if more boats ... Finallv had to come home... no hot food or shower buying for fuel and supply's out of your pocket takes a toll.. 6 day , I touched about 750 lives...
Old 09-02-2017, 06:10 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
Guys I've been rhere since last nite... orange and port Arthur lumberton area are needed if more boats ... Finallv had to come home... no hot food or shower buying for fuel and supply's out of your pocket takes a toll.. 6 day , I touched about 750 lives...
Way to go Gunner. I'm betting you didn't use the Triton for this foray.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:22 AM
Red Snapper

Mr. Bill .... No.. But I did Use my 18' Custom Alum hull with my 90 HP.. Last Sat. and Sunday in ****erson.

Sun nite and All day Monday in Humble.. Tuesday until last night Vidor.. Can't Seem to wrap my head around the SHEER scope of this Disaster.

Cajun Navy made a HUGE Difference... I know I easily have over $600-750 out of pocket in 6 days. Replace cell phone that got wet $800. Lost all info on it... Gas, oil, clothes, food, water, external battery packs for iPhone, Spot lights, rain gear..... U get the picture... Sleeping in my truck. U get the picture..

People were very appreciative of our efforts. Etc.

It will be 15 yrs before Houston and area is back.. Did have a few pep's in Humble buy us some food once or twice.

Hell feel like setting up a "go fund me" acct... LOL

PS..

But If anyone as info on good rain gear suits, at really GOOD PRICES.. I feel we are going to NEED them some more before this Hurricane Season is over.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:38 AM
Redfish

No better rain gear than breathable chest waders and a good jacket.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:36 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverenuf View Post
No better rain gear than breathable chest waders and a good jacket.
X2
Old 09-04-2017, 11:43 AM
Red Snapper

Guyss...

If you are so inclined... U Can Donate to the CAjun Navy thru Paypal.. They 're looking into seeing if they can reimburse some expenses ... My boat and motor took a BEATING....

Anyone know where U can get rearming co2 cartridges of inflatable life vests locally?? Not Academy, west marine... Etc... They don't carry the 33 gram cartridges.

As anyone gotten a water proof iphone case other than Lifeproof. I'm thinking about trying A pelican Marine Case for my replacement Iphone 7...

ANYONE got a 12 gal plastic tank they don't use?? Someone I rescues stepped on mine. It's leaking.. It will need replacing...
Old 09-04-2017, 04:17 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Guyss...

If you are so inclined... U Can Donate to the CAjun Navy thru Paypal.. They 're looking into seeing if they can reimburse some expenses ... My boat and motor took a BEATING....

Anyone know where U can get rearming co2 cartridges of inflatable life vests locally?? Not Academy, west marine... Etc... They don't carry the 33 gram cartridges.

As anyone gotten a water proof iphone case other than Lifeproof. I'm thinking about trying A pelican Marine Case for my replacement Iphone 7...

ANYONE got a 12 gal plastic tank they don't use?? Someone I rescues stepped on mine. It's leaking.. It will need replacing...
Lifeproof sucks. So do iPhones. I switched to Samsung S6 active and solved 2 problems. Phone don't suck, don't need a case. Completely waterproof.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2017, 05:02 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

A friend of mine and I were goi g to go to Beaumont this weekend with my boat. His son had been in Houston since Monday or so. Kept seeing conflicting reports on social media. We need more boats then we're turning boats around. Social media can be so good at times if people would stop posting fake crap. Especially during a time like that. You don't know what to believe. I wanted to go help but didn't want to waste time or money. We just got what we could for the people in the shelter hear in Alexandria. It breaks my heart. If any of y'all know a family in that shelter let me know and they can stay with us. Family pets are welcome too. John. 318 308 6709. It ain't the Marriot but it may feel a little more like home.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:34 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Guyss...

Dude.... quit begging. Seriously. U did a good deed. U knew ur **** was likely to get fugged up during the process. Ive helped a buddy that flooed, but any expense on my part i sucked it up. It almost sounds like u did this for a handout. U dont go rescuing ppl expecting reimbersments. Suck it up.
Old 09-04-2017, 08:56 PM
Redfish

Go with the water proof phones. Crazy not to. I roll with the Samsung s7. Multiple swimming trips and no ill effects.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:07 PM
Swordfish

Samsung here too. Best switch i ever made.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,020

Thanks for all that helped in any way they could. How's the water levels in La?

My boat was in the shop so I went to Rockport where Harvey hit, spent a week there cutting downed trees and gutting sheetrock and insulation.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:14 PM
Flounder

Cash: 687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
Dude.... quit begging. Seriously. U did a good deed. U knew ur **** was likely to get fugged up during the process. Ive helped a buddy that flooed, but any expense on my part i sucked it up. It almost sounds like u did this for a handout. U dont go rescuing ppl expecting reimbersments. Suck it up.

No sheet. X2.