SaltyCajun.com http://www.ccastar.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:15 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Short and shirt regs couldn't bother me less, but I would like to see a push from CCA to ban the use of Crocks.
Hell no that is the most comfortable fishing shoe ever
Old 04-24-2014, 09:31 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post

Dude, you ever snag a pinky toe in one of them side holes?

Let me replay the situation real quick... Crock grips the deck, foot is slick from sweat (they make duck butter under the foot), foot keeps going while the crock stays planted, pinky toe squeaks through a hole and bends to about 116° from the direction you're walking, throw crocks away, go fill out a will.

Plus, crocks are birth control. They were created by the governed as a form of eugenics, it's how they keep us southern folks from reproducing...
Old 04-24-2014, 09:40 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

the chew.
Old 04-24-2014, 09:46 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Dude, you ever snag a pinky toe in one of them side holes?

Let me replay the situation real quick... Crock grips the deck, foot is slick from sweat (they make duck butter under the foot), foot keeps going while the crock stays planted, pinky toe squeaks through a hole and bends to about 116° from the direction you're walking, throw crocks away, go fill out a will.

Plus, crocks are birth control. They were created by the governed as a form of eugenics, it's how they keep us southern folks from reproducing...

No but they got me 7 stitches few years back, they were so wore out I stepped out of truck on boat ramp and feet let ground
Old 04-24-2014, 09:53 PM
Redfish

Cash: 429
Default Cannot agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I tend to agree with you on most issues, but cannot on this one. I always hurt myself in a boat if I wear crocs.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:08 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
now they are going to dictate what to ware while fishing.
tight shorts starch shirt?

man we are soooooo screeewwwd.
Lol... I wouldn't fish... Would anyone?

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
Old 04-24-2014, 10:26 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Last thing I need while fishing is a foot injury. I wear tennis shoes, and all my children do to. Esp with all the catfish.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:11 PM
King Mackeral

Black drum were sampled in 2011, 2012, and 2013, but numbers were only sufficient for length class analysis in 2013.

In 2011, the mean condition factor for black drum in Calcasieu Lake was 0.934 +/- 0.017. This means that the black drum only had enough forage to maintain 93.4% of the weight as the long term Louisiana average for a given length, season, and species. For comparison, the condition factor determined by the USGS in 2000 (before the oyster reefs were destroyed) was 1.03 +/- 0.02. In 2012, the mean condition factor for black drum dropped markedly to 0.842 +/- 0.012. In 2013, the mean condition factor of all lengths was 0.889 +/- 0.012.

The length class analysis shown in the graph shows that the longest length classes are struggling to find enough food to maintain body condition. These are the fish most heavily dependent on oyster reefs, suggesting that oyster reef destruction (by dredging) is a significant factor in the observed declines in fish condition.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JMC Black Drum Length Class Graphs.jpg (48.4 KB, 234 views)
Old 04-25-2014, 02:02 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Black drum were sampled in 2011, 2012, and 2013, but numbers were only sufficient for length class analysis in 2013.

In 2011, the mean condition factor for black drum in Calcasieu Lake was 0.934 +/- 0.017. This means that the black drum only had enough forage to maintain 93.4% of the weight as the long term Louisiana average for a given length, season, and species. For comparison, the condition factor determined by the USGS in 2000 (before the oyster reefs were destroyed) was 1.03 +/- 0.02. In 2012, the mean condition factor for black drum dropped markedly to 0.842 +/- 0.012. In 2013, the mean condition factor of all lengths was 0.889 +/- 0.012.

The length class analysis shown in the graph shows that the longest length classes are struggling to find enough food to maintain body condition. These are the fish most heavily dependent on oyster reefs, suggesting that oyster reef destruction (by dredging) is a significant factor in the observed declines in fish condition.
Link to 2000 USGS study please
Old 04-25-2014, 02:12 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Last thing I need while fishing is a foot injury. I wear tennis shoes, and all my children do to. Esp with all the catfish.
Don't wear the Wal-Mart velcro kind if that's what you're worries about... The barb from a hard head goes straight through those suckers.

And you wrong Dub. Go drop $12 on some Pop Pop shoes at the Wal-Mart. Best $12 I ever spent. I got me a pair in every color baw!!!
Old 04-25-2014, 02:26 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Don't wear the Wal-Mart velcro kind if that's what you're worries about... The barb from a hard head goes straight through those suckers.

And you wrong Dub. Go drop $12 on some Pop Pop shoes at the Wal-Mart. Best $12 I ever spent. I got me a pair in every color baw!!!
Keen Newports...best fishing shoe for warm weaher.....Sebago Docksides for when its cold...trust me boys
Old 04-25-2014, 02:35 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:

Yeah, the barbs on hardheads are pretty sharp. The children and I tend to wear name brand tennis shoes. The Adidas shoes my wife bought me for this spring and summer have thick hard soles.

We also have stopped bringing hardheads into the boat. We just use pliers to dehook them directly over the side to minimize handling. We use one hand to hold the line, grasp hook in pliers and shake loose. Fish that swallow the hook get cut off and get to keep the hook. Gafftops, blues, and channels are welcome to come aboard, but they are much easier to handle and it takes a much bigger handling error to yield great pain.
Old 04-25-2014, 02:55 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:

anything you buy under $20 is going to start to fall apart as soon as it gets wet and the Velcro ones are the worst because those will come apart the first time they get wet inside.

get "real" leather shoes if you want comfy sneekers for fishing but they don't need to be fifty dollar ones just get the $35 ones and they last you.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crab View Post
Keen Newports...best fishing shoe for warm weaher.....Sebago Docksides for when its cold...trust me boys
X1,000! Crocs will get you hurt....
Old 04-26-2014, 02:48 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Question?

Are star and CCA a bu,nch of shoe salesmen?
Old 04-26-2014, 06:15 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
Question?

Are star and CCA a bu,nch of shoe salesmen?
Snake oil.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:52 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Snake oil.

Snake oil and Croc salesman
Old 04-30-2014, 08:33 AM
Flounder

Cash: 613

Well...I think there's enough agreement that we need to know the biomass of speckled trout and the SPR indicator (although may not be the best statistic) for Big Lake. And I know that some of you are divided on supporting CCA and CCA's STAR.
And...I understand your opinions - and I pleasantly disagree.
There can be no doubt, that CCA is heavily funded and is the most popular of all coastal conservation groups.
As anglers, we're a house divided on some issues, but we can work harder to encourage CCA to assist us in first getting indicators on speckled trout populations in Calcasieu Lake. Once we have the data to see exactly where we are with regard to that, then data needs to be gathered to look at possible solutions to improving that population. Right now, LDWF hasn't released SPR and/or biomass indicators since 2011 due to litigation with BP. Therefore, I will say the following:

In my six decades on this Earth, I have had differences with God, my wife, my children, my parents, my Church, my government, my friends, and many of my politicians. I did not let those deter me from joining them and resolving problems together. I hope to see my friends at the LC CCA banquet Thursday night who have shared their expertise and time to enjoy and share fishing experiences that have given me great joy and excitement at this stage in my life. My sincere thanks to all of you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cca lc.jpg (78.0 KB, 139 views)
Old 04-30-2014, 09:34 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,732

I will see you there speckmeister!!!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:18 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Speck M

Well Said.. My sentiments exactly....

IF all the haters would Get off their Azz and Stop Bit_hin.. We MAYBE ABLE TO GET SOMETHING DONE..

Oysters, Channel, Weirs, Etc.. ALL ARE VALID CONCERNS.. BIT_H ing on SC doesn't accomplish anything...