SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion

Offshore Fishing Discussion Discuss everything bluewater from pelagics to reef fish here!

Old 12-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
But, as long as you got money, you can gate off entire canals and marshlands and claim all the wildlife on the inside as yours. I'm sure, again as long as your name is Gray or Henning etc etc etc, you can erect a high fence as well and claim everything on the inside. This is Louisiana after all.
Didn’t the Busbice boys high fence a crap load of land in Olla also? I’d be willing to bet LA game wardens don’t mess with their place either.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:24 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
Didn?t the Busbice boys high fence a crap load of land in Olla also? I?d be willing to bet LA game wardens don?t mess with their place either.

They high fenced their place and I think someone elses property as their own as well.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:52 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Quote:
Didn?t the Busbice boys high fence a crap load of land in Olla also? I?d be willing to bet LA game wardens don?t mess with their place either.
You can legally high fence in Louisiana.

However, all the wild deer have to be out of the fenced area. It is pretty heavily regulated by the Louisiana Department of Ag and Forestry. High fence operations in Louisiana are no different than cow pastures--they are farms. The deer are classified as "alternative livestock".

Anyone that tells you they have wild deer in a high fence in Louisiana is either lying or breaking the law. They have to import every deer within the fence.

Now, I think even being able to buy deer to put in an enclosure is ridiculous. Someone obviously captured some deer at some point, which is illegal--or at the very least goes against the North American Model for Wildlife Conservation--and started "farming" them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2017, 10:09 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post

However, all the wild deer have to be out of the fenced area. It is pretty heavily regulated by the Louisiana Department of Ag and Forestry. High fence operations in Louisiana are no different than cow pastures--they are farms. The deer are classified as "alternative livestock".

Anyone that tells you they have wild deer in a high fence in Louisiana is either lying or breaking the law. They have to import every deer within the fence.

Now, I think even being able to buy deer to put in an enclosure is ridiculous. Someone obviously captured some deer at some point, which is illegal--or at the very least goes against the North American Model for Wildlife Conservation--and started "farming" them.

Yes, i know its legal to high fence your property in LA. How could you possibly remove or know that you have removed all the deer from the property before the fence goes up? Didn’t they high fence something crazy like a few thousand acres or more? And do they also have to follow the same season dates, and laws that the entire state does?
Old 12-05-2017, 10:15 AM
Sailfish

And Smalls, just to be clear, I’m not asking these questions to be be a smart ***, I’m truly curious.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:02 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Yes, i know its legal to high fence your property in LA. How could you possibly remove or know that you have removed all the deer from the property before the fence goes up? Didn?t they high fence something crazy like a few thousand acres or more? And do they also have to follow the same season dates, and laws that the entire state does?
Well, that's the tricky part (whether the wild deer have all been removed), and I don't know all of the ins and outs, but all deer brought into have to have a permit/tag of some type. So either the wild deer are not going to have a tag, or they are going to be falsely tagged. I believe those outfits are inspected annually, and the permits have to be reapplied for annually.

Seasons are different for farm-raised deer. Runs October 1 to January 31. They can also harvest at any will at any time as long as 48 hours notice is provided and with written approval from the department (LDAF), who then notifies LDWF. They also have to have a harvest permit and a tag for each carcass.

Canned hunts are also prohibited, with a canned hunt being one where you will kill a deer with certainty. Now, how they define "certainty" I'm not sure. Seems like a slippery slope. How would you go about proving that it was a canned hunt if that is based on a harvest being a "certainty"?

Old 12-05-2017, 04:30 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Don't know the ins and outs of the rules but seems to be quick to say you don't follow the rules. Not a shocker. Exactly what happend if I want to high fence and have a lawyer tell LWFD they hace 30 days to remove all citizen owned wildlife from my property because they are trespassing? Nothing I bet but they will still stake claim to them and what I can do to them. I want guidelines from LWFD. If a deer is eating my acorns is it fair for me to reclaim my property? If a duck lands on my pond could he not be taking food from my fish? Am I not allowed to protect what is mine even against animals? Why should I have to pay to protect what is mine? I don't want them there. They need to be removed in one way or another. The state gonna come do that? Nope but they will steal even more money from me if they have proof I do it my self.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:43 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:

Now, I don't have a biology degree, but I expect that at some point even farm raised deer are gonna do the "wild thing" and give rise to new deer in the fence that are legitimately legal but were not imported.

Then there are the case of the state's overly eager bucks circumventing the protective measures and impregnating private farmed does. Do they gotta pay child support? Or does title on the offspring revert to the state?

Inquiring minds want to know~!
Old 12-05-2017, 06:36 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
duckman1911
I'm not wasting my time with you anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Now, I don't have a biology degree, but I expect that at some point even farm raised deer are gonna do the "wild thing" and give rise to new deer in the fence that are legitimately legal but were not imported.

Then there are the case of the state's overly eager bucks circumventing the protective measures and impregnating private farmed does. Do they gotta pay child support? Or does title on the offspring revert to the state?

Inquiring minds want to know~!

And I would have expected better from you, but I guess that was as foolish as your questions.

Don't you have 3 or 4 degrees? I think you are perfectly capable of searching out and reading regulations, regardless of your biology background.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:34 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
I'm not wasting my time with you anymore.

And I would have expected better from you, but I guess that was as foolish as your questions.

Don't you have 3 or 4 degrees? I think you are perfectly capable of searching out and reading regulations, regardless of your biology background.

MG nailed it. Nature always rules eventually and at what point do certain people think nature was subject to laws and regulation. I don't think people should be idiots but at what point does the gov get to dictate what you do to animals on your property. Sure you can get a license to shoot them if they are destroying crops but that also has to be paid for. To get meat from the woods you have to pay the state to do so. Is that correct? If I own the land I should own what is on it correct? If you disagree please send me your adress. I want to camp on your lawn for a few weeks. Your property but you(by your own arguement) have no say in the matter. I could be just passing through and slept there a night or 2.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:55 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
MG nailed it. Nature always rules eventually and at what point do certain people think nature was subject to laws and regulation. I don't think people should be idiots but at what point does the gov get to dictate what you do to animals on your property. Sure you can get a license to shoot them if they are destroying crops but that also has to be paid for. To get meat from the woods you have to pay the state to do so. Is that correct? If I own the land I should own what is on it correct? If you disagree please send me your adress. I want to camp on your lawn for a few weeks. Your property but you(by your own arguement) have no say in the matter. I could be just passing through and slept there a night or 2.
MG didn't nail anything. He's being facetious. Or just an obnoxious ***. Either way, every ridiculous question he posed has an answer, I'm just not going to answer them when Dr. Physics can go find it himself.

You are crossing so many different arguments, it's not even worth debating anymore. ****, you can't even tell the difference between private property laws and public trust doctrine.

Go ahead and kill deer and ducks whenever you want if you have a problem with the system that restored all of that game to what it is today.

Just don't ***** and moan when green jeans nails you for the lowlife poacher you would become.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:34 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
MG didn't nail anything. He's being facetious. Or just an obnoxious ***. Either way, every ridiculous question he posed has an answer, I'm just not going to answer them when Dr. Physics can go find it himself.

You are crossing so many different arguments, it's not even worth debating anymore. ****, you can't even tell the difference between private property laws and public trust doctrine.

Go ahead and kill deer and ducks whenever you want if you have a problem with the system that restored all of that game to what it is today.

Just don't ***** and moan when green jeans nails you for the lowlife poacher you would become.

You're speaking to a brick wall
Old 12-06-2017, 09:32 AM
Sailfish

Smalls is really fun to troll.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:07 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
You was baitin' dem fields ...
Old 12-07-2017, 12:11 AM
Flounder

Cash: 548

Quote:
Lol...yes he is

Duckman I notice you are pretty good at baiting the baiters.....
Old 12-07-2017, 01:45 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Lol...yes he is

Duckman I notice you are pretty good at baiting the baiters.....
You know that kid thay sees an aint pile and has to kick it? Yeah that's pretty much me.
I would say Smalls is a good guy and knows his stuff. I was just fishing for fun
Old 12-16-2017, 06:32 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 671

Back to the original question. After 9-11 the United States extended its boundaries out to 200 miles. Medusa is in US Territorial waters, not international waters. Louisiana WLF receives funding from and participates in a Joint Enforcement Agreement with the federal government, they are commissioned to patrol out to the 200 mile limit.