SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion > Hunting Reports

Hunting Reports Read and share your hunting reports here!

Old 01-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Redfish

Cash: 2,950
Default Gc 1-16-2014

My Wife and I hunted Grand Chenier Yesterday. One last hunt for the old master Cooper "The Super Dog" We stopped at 08:30 with 10 birds. 1-BW Teal, 6-GW Teal, 1-Grey, 1-"Trophy" Spoonbill & 1-Pintail. Cooper was superb as usual however his physical condition will not see him in the blind again. His drive is there however it is just too much for him and hard for us to watch. I dedicate this hunt to him. One last time for the master...Photos are not as good as I'd like them to be.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20140116_023.jpg (78.4 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140116_015.jpg (30.4 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140116_017.jpg (62.7 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg WP_20140116_020.jpg (75.3 KB, 125 views)
Old 01-17-2014, 08:43 AM
Flounder

Cash: 641

Another good hunt with some pretty birds. Thanks for the pics.

Sorry to hear about Cooper. I know that is a decision you have been struggling with.

You text inspired me yesterday. One of my partners called me and said the specks were feeding in our field in the afternoons. He said he was going so I went and met him. I mainly went and called for him. He killed his first 2 specks yesterday. Amazingly, he killed them both in 1 shot and both were big pretty mature birds. I'll text you a pic later.

Have a great day!!
Robbie aka Big Hutch
Old 01-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Redfish

Cash: 2,950
Default To Hutch

Thanks man, Coop's isn't dead yet but it kills him not to go. he see's his younger (7 years old) running mate leave without him and he just howls. I just had to bring him once more, he did too much for me in our years together for him not to get one more in. We are both getting long in the tooth and I guess someday I'll be forced to sit on the sidelines and watch the others go "get dem duck", but hopefully not for a few more years anyway. It was a Happy/Sad event but he has to retire so I can still have some more time with him a a friend. He was more friend to me than most folks, never complained and stuck with me thru thick and thin. Best as I can figure and I keep pretty good records he has retrieved 1723 ducks/coots and 409 geese in 11 seasons. I have only sent him 6 times where he failed to find his bird. Once 6 season's ago, he was so frustrated unable to find his bird after me sending him into thick marsh brush time after time, he went out and brough me back a live Gallinule. He taught me much about dogs, hunting & life. I will miss him when he is gone, I miss him already. I wish he knew how much he means to me. Thanks cooper.