SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion > Offshore Fishing Reports

Offshore Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite offshore spots here

Old 08-05-2016, 06:58 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792
Default Tiger Shoals

Made a run to TS this am. Forecast was for <1 ft seas. As usual, missed it by half, but still able to get where we were going at a decent speed. Tried three different spots and while the water was pretty, the spainish Macks were so bad we kept getting cut off. I even went to a 40# leader, but that was like crack to those guys. Finally gave up with only 3 specks and stopped at T-Butte on the way in, but the water was pretty iffy. I'm guessing if we would have had live bait, things might have been different, but anyway, a good day on the water.
Old 08-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Nice

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Old 08-09-2016, 05:43 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

It's been hit and miss for sure. Some weekends a limit, some days only 20-30, but they are out there. The Spanish do get bad sometimes, we usually just try to find some spots in dirtier water to get away from them.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:48 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun bill View Post
Made a run to TS this am. Forecast was for <1 ft seas. As usual, missed it by half, but still able to get where we were going at a decent speed. Tried three different spots and while the water was pretty, the spainish Macks were so bad we kept getting cut off. I even went to a 40# leader, but that was like crack to those guys. Finally gave up with only 3 specks and stopped at T-Butte on the way in, but the water was pretty iffy. I'm guessing if we would have had live bait, things might have been different, but anyway, a good day on the water.
I beat them up on Tette Butte a couple of weeks ago in some slop water. When the water looks like crap throw topwater its the only thing they can find in that dirt and they hit it like it owes them money.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:20 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
I beat them up on Tette Butte a couple of weeks ago in some slop water. When the water looks like crap throw topwater its the only thing they can find in that dirt and they hit it like it owes them money.
Never thought of that, might try that next time. Always thought top water was an early morning bait.
Old 08-13-2016, 08:58 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Topwater is always better in the mornings and late afternoons but I have caught on it at all times during the day. Somedays are better than others and you generally get the sense which days those are gonna be. The days where you see lots of bait and surface action are usually days where topwater is going to be the bait to use. I've fished Tette Butte a lot and its the best thing out there by a long shot. The fish are very difficult to locate out there for some reason and don't congregate in one space for too long when they do. Topwater is your friend out there because even if they aren't aggressively hitting it they will follow it or pop at it. It helps you locate them at least, once you find them you just have to determine what they want to eat.