SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 12-21-2017, 09:29 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792
Default E. Cote Blanche Bay

Tried something different today. Went down to Burns Point this morning in spite of the heavy fog. What a trip! Never fished that area before so it was definitely a scouting trip. Was targeting reds.......nada, just a 30 lb big nasty. Water was super low and the fog was so thick, we couldn't see more than 50 yds. Hit Oyster Bayou, Yellow Bayou, Jackson Bayou, etc. Nothing, but the tide didn't start moving until 1 p.m. which is about when the fog finally lifted. We noticed peeps fishing 200-300 yards off the bank (couldn't get much closer due to the low water) so we figured they were probably speck fishing so we switched gears. Ended up with only 3 specks, but it was still fun.

Wondering if Red Robin is still active on this site? He used to post lots of reports for that area.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:16 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,645

It can be a good place to fish and a hard place to fish, August to October is best times to fish burns point for reds. I'll prolly be heading there in the morning but by humble cut.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:13 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by T and F fishing View Post
It can be a good place to fish and a hard place to fish, August to October is best times to fish burns point for reds. I'll prolly be heading there in the morning but by humble cut.
where is Humble cut if you don't mind my asking?
Old 12-22-2017, 06:37 PM
Flounder

Cash: 454

I fish this area frequently, when beating the banks and fishing cuts doesn't work out I resort to carolina rigging against the pilings, sometimes I just head straight to the pilings. It can be fast action with drum and reds and occasionally sheepshead, carolina rigged dead shrimp on the bottom and also finger mullet work well
Old 12-22-2017, 11:05 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajun bill View Post
where is Humble cut if you don't mind my asking?
This is what i know humble cut as
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20171222-220407.jpg (40.3 KB, 457 views)
Old 12-23-2017, 08:02 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by T and F fishing View Post
This is what i know humble cut as
Okay, that showed up on my gps as either Jackson Bayou or "British American" (something or other) or maybe that was Yellow Bayou, don't remember. We fished that area, but only caught one big nasty although the depth finder was marking plenty fish, just none biting. Saw a bunch of big gar rolling around on the surface also.

Last edited by cajun bill; 12-23-2017 at 08:05 AM. Reason: add
Old 12-23-2017, 03:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Okay, that showed up on my gps as either Jackson Bayou or "British American" (something or other) or maybe that was Yellow Bayou, don't remember. We fished that area, but only caught one big nasty although the depth finder was marking plenty fish, just none biting. Saw a bunch of big gar rolling around on the surface also.
British American and others mentioned are east of the humble.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:18 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Starting at the launch and going around west, there's lukes landing and the next one is yellow bayou, British American is in the corner and Jackson bayou is right next to Humble Cut. Humble Cut has about 40ft of water but mostly 20-25ft at the mouth. Should have been able to at least catch some blue cats there
Old 12-31-2017, 04:24 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,917

Quote:
Tried something different today. Went down to Burns Point this morning in spite of the heavy fog. What a trip! Never fished that area before so it was definitely a scouting trip. Was targeting reds.......nada, just a 30 lb big nasty. Water was super low and the fog was so thick, we couldn't see more than 50 yds. Hit Oyster Bayou, Yellow Bayou, Jackson Bayou, etc. Nothing, but the tide didn't start moving until 1 p.m. which is about when the fog finally lifted. We noticed peeps fishing 200-300 yards off the bank (couldn't get much closer due to the low water) so we figured they were probably speck fishing so we switched gears. Ended up with only 3 specks, but it was still fun.

Wondering if Red Robin is still active on this site? He used to post lots of reports for that area.
I fish cote blanche but not that far east,I have some buddies that fish out of burnes point and they were burning the reds up awhile back,don't know about now,it's like you say water is low,I fished off the bank at burns point three years ago with cut mullet in nov. and caught five bull reds 20# to 30# and never went back,good place to fish just have to learn it.