SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-28-2019, 12:52 PM
Redfish

Cash: 826
Default Cameron Boat Launches

Looking to take my boat to Cameron for some fishing since the water is muddy where I live. What boat launches are open into the ship channel south of the lake?
Old 06-28-2019, 02:17 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by selout View Post
Looking to take my boat to Cameron for some fishing since the water is muddy where I live. What boat launches are open into the ship channel south of the lake?
On the channel south of lake I only know of the ferry launch on the hackberry side. Would like to know myself if there are any private launches in Cameron since the public launch closed.
Old 06-29-2019, 01:23 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Eric

U can Launch at the Mermentau in Grand Chenier..
Old 07-01-2019, 10:11 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
Eric

U can Launch at the Mermentau in Grand Chenier..
Thanks Gunner. We launch in Mermentau sometimes but looking for a launch when we are fishing south side of Big Lake for trout.
One in Cameron would be great, so don't have to cross the ferry or drive through lake Charles.

I haven't made one trip offshore yet this year. Just been picking at the trout in Big Lake.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:26 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawl79 View Post
Thanks Gunner. We launch in Mermentau sometimes but looking for a launch when we are fishing south side of Big Lake for trout.
One in Cameron would be great, so don't have to cross the ferry or drive through lake Charles.

I haven't made one trip offshore yet this year. Just been picking at the trout in Big Lake.

There are no launches other than Hebert's Landing on the east side. There are supposed to eventually replace the Cameron launch with another one.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:43 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
There are no launches other than Hebert's Landing on the east side. There are supposed to eventually replace the Cameron launch with another one.

I thought that the Cameron [east side] boat launch was closed due to construction of the LNG plant just south of the launch. Two weeks ago, it looked like the parking area was being used to store some construction materials. I think I read that the launch would reopen after construction is completed.

On the construction site, I could see lots of dirt work and maybe some foundation work. There were several medium size cranes on site.
Old 07-02-2019, 11:34 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
I thought that the Cameron [east side] boat launch was closed due to construction of the LNG plant just south of the launch. Two weeks ago, it looked like the parking area was being used to store some construction materials. I think I read that the launch would reopen after construction is completed.

On the construction site, I could see lots of dirt work and maybe some foundation work. There were several medium size cranes on site.

Maybe so. Maybe it's the fishing pier that will be reconstructed somewhere else.