SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 06-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
It's irrelevant, we were having a good back and forth for a while, then the thread goes all to hell and completely off the subject. You look back and thread was dead for nearly a week, and then someone started back up with all this crap. I don't care if Waltrip thinks he won or not, I made my points, points which on a few times stopped the thread all together cause no one could say anything or wanted to say anything. But all the childish little antics that degraded this to nothing more than a **** fight aggravate the hell out of me. If this weren't behind a computer and in a parking lot or something, someone would have probably got knocked out for buttin in with stupid crap like that.

I'm just sayin, I understand its a public forum, but I prescribe to the idea that if you aren't gonna contribute anything worthwhile, stay the **** out of it.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Ratdog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

Quote:
It's irrelevant, we were having a good back and forth for a while, then the thread goes all to hell and completely off the subject. You look back and thread was dead for nearly a week, and then someone started back up with all this crap. I don't care if Waltrip thinks he won or not, I made my points, points which on a few times stopped the thread all together cause no one could say anything or wanted to say anything. But all the childish little antics that degraded this to nothing more than a **** fight aggravate the hell out of me. If this weren't behind a computer and in a parking lot or something, someone would have probably got knocked out for buttin in with stupid crap like that.

I'm just sayin, I understand its a public forum, but I prescribe to the idea that if you aren't gonna contribute anything worthwhile, stay the **** out of it.

tell you what tough guy...i'll delete every comment that is not yours or Waltrips....If people can't handle that i'll lock the thread.

You haven't been around long enough to know that W is not going to admit he is wrong.

So have at it.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:51 AM
Sailfish

Quote:

This in open forum right. I think means anybody who's a member on sc can put in there "cents". If you don't want people interrupting yalls "intelligent" conversation between W and yourself they have a thing a pm you can do. I was being sincere with my apology but you went all ratdog on me. Have a good day.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:57 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

I never said I wanted him to admit he was wrong. I'm not about all that, only reason I said anything ever about winning was in counter to waltrip. I was just making a point that you can't have a constructive conversation without people hijacking the thread and making their comments about waltrip or whoever it may be at the time. I'm not asking anyone to do anything. Just saying, if you don't have anything constructive to add to a conversation, don't say anything. That's how life works ain't it? But this isn't life, now is it?

Old 06-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Sailfish

Sulphite if you need to delete my comment/s feel free too. He pushed my buttons with his childish comment. I apologize.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
I never said I wanted him to admit he was wrong. I'm not about all that, only reason I said anything ever about winning was in counter to waltrip. I was just making a point that you can't have a constructive conversation without people hijacking the thread and making their comments about waltrip or whoever it may be at the time. I'm not asking anyone to do anything. Just saying, if you don't have anything constructive to add to a conversation, don't say anything. That's how life works ain't it? But this isn't life, now is it?

Despite the childish fighting that a few brought to the table, I think you brought up some really good points and you more than likely educated many people on here that may just lurk and others that may not have posted on this thread. You probably changed a few minds about the weirs

Emans post above is just another example of what happens when saltwater gets into a system where its wasn't historically. In SE La, what is now wide open water is what was once land, land that was firm ground and had deer running on it, now its 2 feet of water and mud bottom. This is where the problem of 'navigable waterways' came up a few years ago, and everyone was upset that the water is navigable, but you will get ran out if you are caught fishing/hunting there. What once was someones hunting land is now underwater, I don't think people would want to see that at places like Sabine NWR and Lacassine NWR. Open water isn't nearly as productive as marsh
Old 06-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

no merc its cool. I agree with smalls...it is tough to have a constructive conversation on the internet especially an open forum.

its easy to sit behind a computer and act in a way you would not in person...
Old 06-28-2012, 09:14 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

The Internet ..........
Old 06-28-2012, 09:15 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
no merc its cool. I agree with smalls...it is tough to have a constructive conversation on the internet especially an open forum.

its easy to sit behind a computer and act in a way you would not in person...
Thank you sulphite. And I appologize for going about it the way I did, but I felt a point needed to be made. Not calling anyone out, this is more a message to the general membership of this site, but I have been on forums when I was a teenager, with a bunch of other teenagers, who were more civil than some people here.

I agree Duck, but boy that's a whole other nasty topic with navigable water ways. Not nearly as well armed for that discussion. But yeah, I see what you are saying. East side of the state is a hard comparison to make though, because the soils and everything about it is so different than here.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:44 AM
Sailfish

Smalls-I think you know a lot about what you are talking bout. But most of all you have facts not opinions. I have learned a lot reading the info you put. I just didn't appreciate what you said earlier. Once again my sincere apologies. I think what happens is people get tired of no matter how much hard stone evidence you have or anybody else it does no good and the same statements are made page after page after page. So somebody throws in a comment off topic just because they can't stand it no mo.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmerc View Post
Smalls-I think you know a lot about what you are talking bout. But most of all you have facts not opinions. I have learned a lot reading the info you put. I just didn't appreciate what you said earlier. Once again my sincere apologies. I think what happens is people get tired of no matter how much hard stone evidence you have or anybody else it does no good and the same statements are made page after page after page. So somebody throws in a comment off topic just because they can't stand it no mo.

That means don't read if you don't like
Old 06-28-2012, 10:08 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

"You're Killin me Smalls!"
Old 06-28-2012, 10:16 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I can't help myself your "intelligence" amazes and amuses me.

Old 06-28-2012, 12:00 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
X2

If you don't like it, don't read. Simple as that, or if you don't have anything constructive to add to the TOPIC AT HAND, don't say anything. Would you go into a forum on a specific topic and change the topic? Well, maybe you would, but you'd probably be ignored or thrown out.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:22 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
X2

If you don't like it, don't read. Simple as that, or if you don't have anything constructive to add to the TOPIC AT HAND, don't say anything. Would you go into a forum on a specific topic and change the topic? Well, maybe you would, but you'd probably be ignored or thrown out.
Dud who peed in your wheeties this morning. I've gave you and sincere apology twice this morning. I think all post were just agreeing with what someone said. I see know why you and W get along so well. Oh and by the way you are off topic. Carry on with yalls love affair.