SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:31 AM
Flounder

Cash: 613
Default Worst Customer Service Ever Experiences From Ayre's In Beaumont

I know this is a long thread but I just wanted to start this to help anyone avoid this headache I experienced from this piss poor business. I purchased a full front bumper replacement for my F250 on October 29, 2012 for $1,150.00. When I purchased the bumper I was informed that Top Gun manufacturing was out of business but since Ayres still had one bumper in stock it would still come with the 1 year warranty that the other bumpers in stock contained. On July 19, 2013 I brought the bumper back into Ayres and talked to Justin because the paint was peeling and it was rusting in several places. He stated that he would have to get with his Grandpa, Mr. Ayres (the owner) to see how they are going to handle the situation since the manufacture is no longer in business. I received a call from Mr. Ayres asking me to run the bumper by so he can take a look at it to see how we were going to proceed. He took several pictures of my bumper, and stated he would call a company he uses for painting. At that point I left Ayres and returned back home to Sulphur. I received a call the next morning from Mr. Ayres, and his exact words were "The painter I use is going to charge (me) $450 to re-finish the bumper, I just need to know when you can get it in here for me to bring it to him to have it done and it will take 2-3 business days." I told Mr. Ayres that I would drop it off July 22, 2013 which I did. On July 29, 2013 I called several times to see the status on my bumper since it was day 7. I was told several times they would be picking it up. I left work at 4 PM and headed to Ayres. Upon arrival I found that they had not picked the bumper up and Mr. Ayres left to go pick it up at that time. Meanwhile, the installation techs were removing the stock bumper. When I walked out from the waiting room I was shocked to see Ayres employees loading a 350 lb bumper into the bed of my truck because they were closing in 30 minutes and did not have time to install the bumper. We then exchanged a few words and the techs installed the bumper. Upon the completion of the installation, Mr. Ayres informed me that I would owe $487.13 for the refinishing of the bumper. He stated that the original one year warranty verbally promised to me by Justin (Tiny) was only from the manufacture and since the manufacture was out of business I was on my own to cover the repairs to the bumper. Ayres is an authorized retailer and should stand behind the products they sell. They have me two choices, to either leave my bumper there and drive around with no bumper on my truck and take them to small claims court or pay the $487.13 for the repairs. We exchanged serveral words along with Beaumont Police being called out. I left paying the $487.13 after being locked inside the gates of Ayres and having 2 vehicles blocking my vehicle from exiting and having my keys taken from me. I originally purchased this bumper only because I had a verbal agreement, which is a binding contract in Texas with Justin (Tiny) that Ayres will still offer the one year warranty for the product sold. If a company is an authorized retailer and the manufacture goes out of business for the product they are selling, it should not be the customer's responsibility. The retailer should honor the product they sold regardless of the manufacture going out of business. This is the worse customer service I have ever experienced.

Last edited by Duckhunter; 07-30-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Corrected details
Old 07-30-2013, 10:00 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

That sucks bad bad, worse part is you could have had someone do that work for a lot cheaper I bet.

Sorry to hear about that
Old 07-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

wow, I had a situation with a bumper I bought from a place in Baytown area very similar except they sold me a bumper at a discounted price due to it no longer being made and then when they paint began flaking about 2yrs later they covered the cost of refinishing the bumper. I hope you get this all worked out and I will be surr to stay clear of that place and you may run an add on Southeasttexas.com about this.... never know what kind of attention you may draw
Old 07-30-2013, 10:06 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

One of my friends had a very similar experience with with a grill at Faulk's in Lafayette. They scratched up his brand new bumper installing it, and wouldn't cover repairs.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:25 AM
Flounder

I could have had it powder coated for the price they charged. When I first went there last October I asked about a discounted price since the manufacture was out of business and that's when they stated that they would not discount it because they would still offer the 1 year warranty on it. And of course when it came down to the arguing everyone was pointing fingers saying they didn't remember saying I would have a warranty. One of the Beaumont police officers they sent was a tool and didn't make matters any better. He kept pulling his "I am a police officer and ill do what I want card out." I assured him real quick that his rank doesn't mean a thing to me, and it escalated from there. The money isn't the point, I spend near that on a new rod and reel every few months, it is the customer service and warranty they promised.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:34 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

I'd have them on full blast on every site in SE Texas.

The number of times I've had to eat something, even KNOWING it had nothing to do with me(not saying this is your case), would blow your mind! It's all in good customer service. One pissed off customer can cost you the potential of several hundred happy customers!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:35 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Surely you stopped payment! I would have paid it with check or credit card, then stopped payment and said 'see ya' in court!

Let them take you to small claims court so you don't have to waste your time, money and hassle to get it going. It may cost a few bucks ($25) at my bank to stop payment, but I would have drove out of there without hesitation. Also, this is a civil matter and police can not intervine.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:41 AM
Flounder

I called American Express and stopped payment while I was pulling out of the parking lot. The police were called to the scene when they locked the gates and parked to vehicles blocking my path to exit. That is when I almost lost control. Two officers arrived, the first one was very professional and understood the situation and also stated that it was a civil matter and they couldn't be of any assistance. The other moron wanted to try and show his "power" he had. I was standing outside and when the 2nd officer walked outside he was staring me down so I returned the stare. He walked about 30 ft over to me and stated "Son you better get stepping, and don't ever eyeball me". I let him know I wasn't his son and I am not intimated one bit. Seems they will give anyone a taser and a gun now a days.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:42 AM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
I'd have them on full blast on every site in SE Texas.

The number of times I've had to eat something, even KNOWING it had nothing to do with me(not saying this is your case), would blow your mind! It's all in good customer service. One pissed off customer can cost you the potential of several hundred happy customers!
This is exactly the reason I wanted to let everyone know about the situation. The money is not the issue. I even tried reasoning with the owner by splitting the cost down the middle (even though I did not agree) and he wouldn't budge. Therefore I will let everyone I encounter looking for a bumper aware of this incident
Old 07-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

they use to do a good amount of business, not sure about now, but I would run adds everywhere I could
Old 07-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
they use to do a good amount of business, not sure about now, but I would run adds everywhere I could
I have been creating accounts all morning and writing reviews and I will continue until I run out of reviews to write. Hopefully it will save someone else the headache.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,607

I bought a Roll-n-Lock bed cover from someone and after I put it on myself it wouldn't retract like it was supposed to so I brought it to Falk's in Lafayette and they charged me $100 to "take it off and adjust the spring inside and put it back on straight". After I got home with it it still didn't retract right so i brought it back to them and the Tech sprayed some lube on the rails and told me that was all he did. Then he said just make sure you use garage door lube on it so it won't collect dust.
So he told me point blank that all he did was spray some oil on the rails and they kept my truck for 4 days and charged me $100 to do it!
Needless to say, I'll NEVER go back to Falks!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:22 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaster19 View Post
I bought a Roll-n-Lock bed cover from someone and after I put it on myself it wouldn't retract like it was supposed to so I brought it to Falk's in Lafayette and they charged me $100 to "take it off and adjust the spring inside and put it back on straight". After I got home with it it still didn't retract right so i brought it back to them and the Tech sprayed some lube on the rails and told me that was all he did. Then he said just make sure you use garage door lube on it so it won't collect dust.
So he told me point blank that all he did was spray some oil on the rails and they kept my truck for 4 days and charged me $100 to do it!

Yeh from what I heard, they sound just like kind of people OP is having problems with(crooks). Cops were involved in my friends ordeal and everything just like OP.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:27 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaster19 View Post
Sounds like the genius response I got from the first guy at Ayre's. He came out and looked at the bumper peeling and said "Man the easiest thing to do is get some news paper and put it on front of your truck, and a can of spray paint, it will fix it right up for around $5.00, we have taken a few bumpers back and done this ourselves for customers". So basically you charge people to repaint a bumper with spray paint? That's great customer service there!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

He should have told you before he took it off and had it painted that you were going to be the one paying for it.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:59 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Take their @$$ to court and I would press charges on them for false imprisonment. They have absolutely no right to hold your keys and forcibly block you from leaving. That is a good way to get shot.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
He should have told you before he took it off and had it painted that you were going to be the one paying for it.
That was my understanding, especially when he didn't charge me to take the bumper off, put a loaner stock bumper back on, drop my bumper off to get painted and pick it back up. He never once said I would pay for it or I would have had it done myself. Everything he was saying was "the company is going to charge ME, this much but I am going to make it right." He certainly didn't do anything right IMO.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Take their @$$ to court and I would press charges on them for false imprisonment. They have absolutely no right to hold your keys and forcibly block you from leaving. That is a good way to get shot.
I brought that up to the tool of an officer and he said that I could have left anytime I wanted by simply, walking to the other side of the building and take off walking down the street. Then we got in an argument about that. He didn't understand that I wouldn't take off walking in Beaumont and leave my 50k truck with morons that I am dealing with. And you are exactly right about that how people get shot. When I was walking up to my vehicle to get the original paperwork the officer was behind me and when I opened my door I stated "just FYI I have a weapon in here" and he jumps back screaming "sir step away from the gun, step away from the gun". First off I said weapon, not gun. The dumb *** has been watching too much COPS. Second, if I planned on doing anything I wouldn't have told him about it. It amazes me the level of stupidity of PO these days.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:28 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Hahaha! Barney Fife.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-30-2013, 02:18 PM
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757 View Post
Hahaha! Barney Fife.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Barney Fife was even over qualified when compared to this one!