SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > Quitters and Losers Forum

Quitters and Losers Forum Come here to discuss self-improvement challenges, such as losing weight or quitting tobacco, alcohol, drugs, etc. NO BASHING and NO OFF-TOPIC POSTING in this forum! Lead, follow, or get outta the way!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 12-16-2017, 10:41 AM
Cappy's Avatar
Cappy Cappy is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: ST James Parish
Posts: 1,129
Cash: 1,761
Default

you are in my thoughts and prayers man hang in there.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-20-2017, 08:09 AM
tojoe tojoe is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Scott
Posts: 190
Cash: 532
Default

Bob, hang in there brother. Praying for you!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-20-2017, 08:39 AM
eman eman is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 6,032
Cash: 254
Default

12 days sober. made my 1st trip to the grocery store this past weekend. Had to walk down the liquor isle to get something else. Can't say the temptation wasn't strong. Just kept on walking.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-20-2017, 09:39 AM
Josh C's Avatar
Josh C Josh C is online now
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Church Point
Posts: 341
Cash: 1,068
Default

Great job. Hang in there, you got this!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-20-2017, 03:12 PM
Cracker Cracker is offline
Flounder
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 45
Cash: 377
Default

I don't know you from Adam but have read lots of your posts. hang in there brother, you can gett-er-done.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-20-2017, 03:24 PM
BassAssasin's Avatar
BassAssasin BassAssasin is offline
Adventure On
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: lafayette, la
Posts: 2,718
Cash: 1,147
Default

atta boy Bob!
You are over the hump, just keep those thoughts of "aw i can have just one" out of your head and you will make it!
__________________
"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope."
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-21-2017, 10:32 AM
eman eman is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 6,032
Cash: 254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAssasin View Post
atta boy Bob!
You are over the hump, just keep those thoughts of "aw i can have just one" out of your head and you will make it!

I know i can't have just one. One would turn into a handle size bottle in a minute.
I have to give it up for good.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-04-2018, 12:55 PM
rambored rambored is offline
Sand Trout
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Little Rock, Ar.
Posts: 24
Cash: 373
Default

I am almost two years sober. The benefits far outweigh the cost of sobriety. It is a matter of will. No the urge does not go away, but it is not so strong. So what? I chose to be sober. Stopping dipping Skoal was harder!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-18-2018, 08:41 PM
eman eman is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 6,032
Cash: 254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambored View Post
I am almost two years sober. The benefits far outweigh the cost of sobriety. It is a matter of will. No the urge does not go away, but it is not so strong. So what? I chose to be sober. Stopping dipping Skoal was harder!
Today is 42 days sober. After the first 3 weeks the cravings got easier to deal with.
Still have the urge when i walk down the liquor isle. Not going to happen.
I just realized this is the longest i have been sober since basic training. 1979 - 1980.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-18-2018, 08:51 PM
Feesherman Feesherman is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Moss Bluff
Posts: 2,584
Cash: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Today is 42 days sober. After the first 3 weeks the cravings got easier to deal with.
Still have the urge when i walk down the liquor isle. Not going to happen.
I just realized this is the longest i have been sober since basic training. 1979 - 1980.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
U got da resolve

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-15-2018, 09:38 PM
eman eman is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 6,032
Cash: 254
Default

today is 70 days . went to the casino last weekend and passed that test.drank 3 o'douls. i down loaded an app called easy quit drinking when i stopped. it tracks all your statistics. so far i have passed on 297 drinks and saved $892.50.
i can tell the difference in my brain function and i feel better overall.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-15-2018, 11:05 PM
Feesherman Feesherman is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Moss Bluff
Posts: 2,584
Cash: 491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
today is 70 days . went to the casino last weekend and passed that test.drank 3 o'douls. i down loaded an app called easy quit drinking when i stopped. it tracks all your statistics. so far i have passed on 297 drinks and saved $892.50.
i can tell the difference in my brain function and i feel better overall.
Damn dude ur rockin it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-16-2018, 12:36 AM
bjhooper82's Avatar
bjhooper82 bjhooper82 is online now
Sailfish
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 4,840
Cash: 3,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
today is 70 days . went to the casino last weekend and passed that test.drank 3 o'douls. i down loaded an app called easy quit drinking when i stopped. it tracks all your statistics. so far i have passed on 297 drinks and saved $892.50.
i can tell the difference in my brain function and i feel better overall.
Thats awesome man, congrats to you.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-11-2018, 10:55 AM
eman eman is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 6,032
Cash: 254
Default

125 days sober. and abut $1100 saved . Gone to a couple of NA beers in the evening . Still think about the bottle when something gets on my bad side. But it is easy now to ,Just say no.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-14-2018, 04:34 PM
MathGeek's Avatar
MathGeek MathGeek is online now
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 2,753
Cash: 3,804
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
125 days sober. and abut $1100 saved . Gone to a couple of NA beers in the evening . Still think about the bottle when something gets on my bad side. But it is easy now to ,Just say no.
God bless you man, and congratulations. Hooch took my daddy way too young. Stick around for your children and grandchildren.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-15-2018, 11:52 AM
Josh C's Avatar
Josh C Josh C is online now
Trophy Trout
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Church Point
Posts: 341
Cash: 1,068
Default

Congrats! Stay strong!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map