SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 08-16-2009, 10:52 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 650
FlagUS Results - Calcasieu River Invitational Aug 15th, 2009

The First Invitational of 2009 is history......
The morning was nice but by mid-morning the weather had turned hot. As the temperature began to rise and get hot for some anglers so did the fishing. Even with the fishing getting better as the day got hotter no one complained about getting off of the water for the 2:00 pm weigh in.

16 team launched their boats at Parkside Marina and were each given tackle boxes with identical contents (see picture). The contestants then started tying on the lures that were furnished for them to fish with. At 6:15 am they were given boat numbers and allowed to navigate to their fishing hole as long as it was north of the Saltwater Barrier and south of White Oak Park.

The first anglers came in at 1:30 pm and weighed their fish then the others came in on a steady pace until all that wanted to weigh their fish had.

Seven - O - Electric and Wendi's Flower Cart provided hamburgers for the contestants when they arrived to the weigh in at Parkside Marina. I could not tell if the fishermen were excited about the food or they were just happy to be out of the sun.....lol

Here are the results:

1st Place: Doug Guins & Josh Byrd. They had a 5 fish limit that was anchored with a 1.93 pound fish. They took the stage and reported that they caught over 20 fish over the 11 inch minimum on several of the pre-selected lures that were in the tackle box. Chug Bug, torpedo, Stanley jig, trick worms and finesse worms. They said that most of their fish were caught near the mouth of the West Fork and lower Calcasieu River. $700.

2nd Place: Steve Goff. Steve brought a nice 2.00 pounder as his largest fish then added 4 more to the bas to be weighed as his total 5 fish limit of 6.85 pounds. Steve was fishing near the lower West Fork and also in the Main Calcasieu River. He said that his best 3 fish were caught in the West Fork on a chug bug and fluke. His largest fish was caught on a fluke. $300.

3rd Place: Trent Lawrence & Brandon Grabert. They brought to the scales the largest bass of the tournament, a really nice 2.03 pounder. They had a 5 fish limit that tipped the scales at 4.82 pounds. The Big Bass and the rest of their stringer were caught on the buzz bait and Stanley spinnerbait that was provided in the tackle box. $ 200 plus $100 Big Bass for a total of $300.

4th Place: Craig Bean & Dennis Courtney. They to had a 5 fish limit and the total weight of their limit was 4.79 pounds. Their bag of fish included 4 fish that were alive and caused a .20 pound penalty to be deducted from their gross weight of 4.99 pounds. They caught their fish on an assortment of lures that were provided. They fished mainly in the West Fork. $140.

5th Place: Brandon Finley & Scott Broussard - 5 fish 4.77 pounds.

6th Place: Gerred Hooper & Chance Arceneaux - 5 fish 4.65 pounds.

7th Place: Scott Bonvillian & Al Willis - 5 fish 4.18 pounds.

8th Place: Alan Shivers & Lynn Shivers - 5 fish 4.16 pounds.

9th Place: Ray Bustillo & Chuck Blooming - 4 fish 3.41 pounds.

10th Place: Thomas Alleman & Danny Bernard - 4 fish 3.21 pounds.

11th Place: Mike Rhodes & Angel Rhodes - 3 fish 2.65 pounds.

12th Place:
Bo LaPoint & Chris Talbert
Ronnie Lawrence & Richard Winfrey
Chris Louviere & John Louviere
Dustin Edwards & Joshua Smith
Clay Dardeau & Clint Landreneau

I am looking for a date and location to have the next Invitational Tournament please email me a date that might work for you. I think we need to stay away from any dates that would be in the upcoming Teal season in September and or the opening of deer season. I would like to hear from you on what your choices might be. Please any comments you may have put them in that email or call me at 337-842-2611.

I would like to thank the people that believed enough in this format to help me continue this type of tournament. They are:
Lake Charles Tackle
[SIZE=2]“Where Service Is the Catch”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]
Seven-O-Electric
[SIZE=2]“Commercial& Residential Electrical Contractor”[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Wendi's Flower Cart[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]"your full value, full service florist"[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Please go by and tell them how much you appreciate their support.....[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]The decisions as to what goes in the tackle box would be much more difficult if it would not be for the help given to me by the guys at Lake Charles Tackle - Aaron Snatic, Gregg Vidrine and David Rabalais...... thanks guys.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Thank You for your continued support....Ron Castille[/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]ps - Wednesday Afternoon Fishing Dogfight this Wednesday afternoon out of Parkside [/SIZE]
[SIZE=4]Week 17 (4 more qualifying tournaments before the Championship on Sept 16th, 2009).[/SIZE]
Old 08-16-2009, 11:15 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,525

Ron...I want to thank you for putting these tournaments on again this year. I really enjoy the format for these tournaments and can't wait to fish another one. Hope I wont have to wait too long for the next one. You are really a class act and your events are run very professionally and they are all enjoyable to participate in.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Everyone has to use the same lures. That is a fantastic idea for a tournament.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:57 AM
Sand Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunsorc View Post
Ron...I want to thank you for putting these tournaments on again this year. I really enjoy the format for these tournaments and can't wait to fish another one. Hope I wont have to wait too long for the next one. You are really a class act and your events are run very professionally and they are all enjoyable to participate in.
Thank you for the kind words.....When would you like to see the next one?
Old 08-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Sand Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Everyone has to use the same lures. That is a fantastic idea for a tournament.
This format in my opinion will find out what team was the best team that day. I was told by one of the contestants that he was forced to fish with lures that he would not have had in his tackle box had he fished a regular tournament. He feels that fishing with the selected lures - he became a better fisherman. Ron
Old 08-17-2009, 11:36 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

It makes the field even in that respect. They all fish the same area and with the same lures.
Skill or luck decides the winner.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,525
Bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfishunt View Post
Thank you for the kind words.....When would you like to see the next one?
Im ready when ever you are ready to put one on. I have a Bass n Bucks championship tournament Sept 19-20. Look at Oct. 3rd or 10th that should be a great time to fish one of these. The weather should be cooling off a little and the fish should really be eating. Either way I cant wait.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Sand Trout

Default 1st Place Team

I sent the results to Joe Joslin for his weekly Thursday fishing report in the Lake Charles American Press and he brought to my attention that I had not posted 1st Place team's total weight. Doug & Josh had 5 fish that weighed 8.17 pounds........... Sorry...........Ron
Old 08-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 811

more bait selection than i thought there would be