SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 07-20-2009, 06:04 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189
Default Is There Ducks In Toledo Bend??

Im not very big on freshwater fishing..never have been Never will be..i hate it and its too slow most of the time...soo my uncle dad cousin and me are supposed to go up to toledo bend for a week in early december..not exactly sure when yet but i know its around then..well hell im wondering if theres ducks up there..or even if your allowed to hunt..if you can hunt up there im brigin the go-devil up with me...any help appreciated..
Old 07-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Ling

Cash: 562

like that guy said on jaws:ya gonna need a bigger boat: they got dux, plenty o dux. its gettin to um. there are always tons of boats on the lake all day every day. and if ya never been ta the bend, it can get bad fast!!!!! i really dont know if the y allow huntin cus of boat traffic, but i have personally seen tons o dux.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:28 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

there is alot of ducks on toledo. alot of woodies and mallards. don't need a go devil. just find a pocket and make wade up against some brush
Old 07-20-2009, 07:12 PM
King Mackeral

i think the 36 surface drive can handle it up speck..or do i need something faster..??
so adam...u can hunt it though???
Old 07-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
i think the 36 surface drive can handle it up speck..or do i need something faster..??
so adam...u can hunt it though???
Yes you can hunt toledo bend during the season. It gets pretty good at the end of the first split and real good the second. You can kill a pile of grays and ringnecks on the open water and mallards and woodies in the coves and points. You have to watch uot for them canvasbacks cause they get pretty thick on the lake
Old 07-20-2009, 07:20 PM
King Mackeral

Thanks D that helps..
Old 07-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
Thanks D that helps..
Sure thing. If you hunt up there be on the look out for the green ranger bass boats. Thats the good old boys and they will check you head to toe
Old 07-21-2009, 09:23 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

was up there last month, got checked 3 times in a day... got a ranger 2400 green bay boat and another was in a bass boat.... looked like a ranger, both with yammie 2-fiddies !!!
Old 07-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Redfish

Cash: 901
FlagUS The Bend

I used to hunt up there years ago around Converse. We would spank the ducks. A friend of mine would build these small one man blinds out in certain spots on top of stumps. He called them pick up blinds because you could pick them up and move them. He would cut the top of a big stump with a chainsaw and screw this thing to it or make like a deer stand under it. One would hunt while the other would fish until they got a limit. It was awsome.

You can sit and hunt next to deadfall and logs on sandbars in the lake if the water level is right.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Redfish

Cash: 603

Been Duck Huntin the Bend for twenty years. Killed more than my fair share....best thing is the lease price is FREE and you kill way more ducks than you do in south la. now adays. Just bring a bunch of decoys...you have to compete with the big rafts of poule do-s. But its worth it. Red heads, canvas backs, green heads, woodies, and weigons are the birds we kill most. Pretty easy limits. Done by 8am most mornings. Goodluck. Hunt on the shallow main lake points that extend way into the lake shallow and on the edge and back of pockets. Just have a few blinds so you can stay out the wind on any given day or direction and youll be fine. Less calling the better.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Banned

does a bear **** in da woods?