SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion > Freshwater Fishing Reports

Freshwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite freshwater spots here

Old 04-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 974

Well, I'll be fishing False River tomorrow morning/day. Thanks for all the input and I'll let y'all know how things turn out. I'll be happy if I catch one... Prolly start on the piers on the North end of river and then fish the undeveloped area near the south side. Any last minute pearls of wisdom are welcome! Y'all have a great weekend enjoying this kick arse weather!
Old 04-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsethl13 View Post
Well, I'll be fishing False River tomorrow morning/day. Thanks for all the input and I'll let y'all know how things turn out. I'll be happy if I catch one... Prolly start on the piers on the North end of river and then fish the undeveloped area near the south side. Any last minute pearls of wisdom are welcome! Y'all have a great weekend enjoying this kick arse weather!
So how did ya do ???
Old 04-07-2013, 06:50 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
So how did ya do ???
Well, we started at 5:30am on the North end, at the public launch, and fished the the docks with a watermelon hawg and a sexy shad spinner.....nothing. Went to a camp on the south end and caught a couple on black w/ blue RAGE crawfish and sexy shad spinner. Nothing big (only 14-15 inch) but weather was nice. Alot of boat traffic in the afternoon! Met a guy coming in from fishing, as we showed up, that caught 6 keepers that night. About 20yds out from piers, via Carolina rig. Said he doesn't fish during the day bc "False River is only worth a damn at night!" Anyway, was better than changing diapers so I'm happy I went. This trip just reminded me why I love inshore fishing. I'll be going back in a couple weekends with the family so I'll give another report.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Swordfish

I agree w/ "That guy" i don't fish false river during the day ,unless i'm catching cats n bream.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:27 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
I agree w/ "That guy" i don't fish false river during the day ,unless i'm catching cats n bream.
Well I'll be back in a week or two so if you have anymore tips about the "night fish", I'll gladly take it..... Rig up? How far out? Length of Carolina rig? Bait and/or color at night? Ya know...
Old 04-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Swordfish

I only throw 2 baits this time of year. trick worm and french fry. w/ as little weight as i can get away with. once it hits bottom SLOW SLOW SLOW drag it. Only time my lure leaves the bottom is when i hit something and have to twitch it to get it thru .
I am on the bank /piers . If you are in a boat keep a chrome bandit shallow runner tied on and work any pier w/ lights. Hybrid stripers and bass will light that crank up .
Old 04-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
I only throw 2 baits this time of year. trick worm and french fry. w/ as little weight as i can get away with. once it hits bottom SLOW SLOW SLOW drag it. Only time my lure leaves the bottom is when i hit something and have to twitch it to get it thru .
I am on the bank /piers . If you are in a boat keep a chrome bandit shallow runner tied on and work any pier w/ lights. Hybrid stripers and bass will light that crank up .
Thanks! Also, being that I'm fishing out of a kayak, "that guy" told me I need to "head east on 415 toward the MS and drop into some of those bar pits". Every heard anything about that? Sounds good but didnt know if its worth the trip.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:49 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,467

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsethl13 View Post
Thanks! Also, being that I'm fishing out of a kayak, "that guy" told me I need to "head east on 415 toward the MS and drop into some of those bar pits". Every heard anything about that? Sounds good but didnt know if its worth the trip.
Grew up around there and don't know of the bar pits that you can fish. All the ones behind the levee are posted and watched closely. If you could fish them it would be some good fishing. Used to go when I was younger and always do good.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:49 PM
Swordfish

Unless you have permission ,i would stay out of the pits along that stretch.there are some up around cat island that you can fish.
Like JK said when i was growing up you could hunt an fish the pits an batture land w/ no problems .But just like other areas the litter bugs and yahoos got everybody run out.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:18 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Unless you have permission ,i would stay out of the pits along that stretch.there are some up around cat island that you can fish.
Like JK said when i was growing up you could hunt an fish the pits an batture land w/ no problems .But just like other areas the litter bugs and yahoos got everybody run out.
That's what I figured. Makes sense. Thx again.