SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 06-08-2012, 02:18 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,396
Default its always the little things....

Well ive been battling a fuel issue for two Weeks now. I kept getting air in my primer bulb so I though it was a bad bulb. Checked all my lines and fittings hose clamps etc....everything looked good.So put about a gallon of gas in and barowed my neighbors bulb and ran like a champ so I got a mew primer bulb.... Same thing.... So then I started thinking it might be in the carb,, something getting stuck or maybe the tank. So put some fuel in a gas can and stuck the hose in and she primed right up.started checking out the tank and decided to look at tge pick up tube. Turns the tube is about an imch off the bottom and 2 1/2 gallons of gas isnt enough for it to pick up simce its like a 12 gallon tank. So put some more gas in it today and she ran like a champ.took me two Weeks just to realize I didnt have enough gas.....all I can do is laugh about it now
Old 06-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245

Been there before
Really pisses me off when you are working on something for hours and realize it is something as simple as the kill switch
Old 06-08-2012, 04:42 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

At least you didnt bring it to a shop and some jack leg rip you for a carb job
Old 06-08-2012, 05:13 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,054

Go fish !!!
Old 06-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro View Post
Go fish !!!
That was the plan, even made a wasted trip to prien to get some bait. Weather is getting serious out there......
Old 06-08-2012, 08:33 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Yeah, my gas tanks are similar, they'll go dry with a few inches of gas still sitting in the bottom. The CO trout were biting today, so after a stop to fill up tanks that were still 1/3 full, we put a bunch of CO trout in the boat. We were slinging them right and left pretty fast.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:50 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8cody View Post
Well ive been battling a fuel issue for two Weeks now. I kept getting air in my primer bulb so I though it was a bad bulb. Checked all my lines and fittings hose clamps etc....everything looked good.So put about a gallon of gas in and barowed my neighbors bulb and ran like a champ so I got a mew primer bulb.... Same thing.... So then I started thinking it might be in the carb,, something getting stuck or maybe the tank. So put some fuel in a gas can and stuck the hose in and she primed right up.started checking out the tank and decided to look at tge pick up tube. Turns the tube is about an imch off the bottom and 2 1/2 gallons of gas isnt enough for it to pick up simce its like a 12 gallon tank. So put some more gas in it today and she ran like a champ.took me two Weeks just to realize I didnt have enough gas.....all I can do is laugh about it now
If you need another pickup hose I have one. My twelve gallon take busted the other day. I pulled the pickup hose and still have it you want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2012, 12:05 PM
Tripletail

Yea ill take it, let me see when the next time im gonna be over in moss bluff and ill let ya know.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,505

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegr8cody View Post
Yea ill take it, let me see when the next time im gonna be over in moss bluff and ill let ya know.
K let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2012, 12:59 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by latravcha View Post
Been there before
Really pisses me off when you are working on something for hours and realize it is something as simple as the kill switch

funny you say that.. One day when we were launching our boat, a guy in this huge contender (at least 30ft) was backing down at the same time. He had previously told us that he just bought it, well I cranked up right away and he kept on and kept on trying. They were in the back taking the cowling off, checking the bulb and everything else. Well at the same time I notice their kill switch was pulled so I hollered at them to put it back and it started right up!! He was pretty pumped about it