SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
That's true but that 20% can only take 1500 instead or 2500 a day ,,,,so add that up
so you are saying there is only 25 boats that can catch a limit of fish in a given day? There is more guide boats than that on the water during the summer in a day
Old 05-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
so you are saying there is only 25 boats that can catch a limit of fish in a given day? There is more guide boats than that on the water during the summer in a day
Over all year around...I would say out of all the guide boats 50% limited out every day ....

I watch lots of guide boats come in with out there limit often...
Old 05-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

5475 a year per person is the daily limit if you fished everyday......now narrow that down to the amount of times you fish per year....once a week for a year would be 780.....I know there are a majority of the fisherman do not catch 780 in a year....So why keep the limits low.....doesnt make CENTS....Same goes with REDS too....15 trout daily limit is BS.......
Old 05-02-2012, 10:29 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

I'm not around my books but before limit change I wanna say I was putting I'm my boat over 5000 trout s year....

Over the last few years just over 3,ooo

Just sit at Hebert landing on a good calm good fishing day..... You will still have around 90% of boats come in with out the boat limit
Not guides just people

So why have a 15 trout limit when almost all can't catch 15 more less 25
Old 05-02-2012, 10:34 PM
Ling

Quote:
I'm not around my books but before limit change I wanna say I was putting I'm my boat over 5000 trout s year....

Over the last few years just over 3,ooo

Just sit at Hebert landing on a good calm good fishing day..... You will still have around 90% of boats come in with out the boat limit
Not guides just people

So why have a 15 trout limit when almost all can't catch 15 more less 25
agreed.....make it 25 for the people that can catch 25 and thin the small ones out.....bet I caught over 1300 at NIGHT....
Old 05-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Ling

"W" did you catch bigger fish back 5-6 years ago or do you catch bigger fish now.....
Old 05-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchspinner View Post
"W" did you catch bigger fish back 5-6 years ago or do you catch bigger fish now.....
Caught bigger fish with my dad in the 80 and 90s ..weight what was that?? It all went to the cleaning table but I have old pics with hogs on the table ....

Dad said they caught 40 plus trout over 5-7lbs at the jetties one day

I didn't start caring about weight until the internet when people starting talking about weight...most of us growing up never cared how big a trout was...hell I might of caught a 9lb trout when I was 5 6 7 who knows....all trout were big.....just til the 2000 you started catching lot more school trout from 12-16 inches

I took my dad fishing a few years ago and the 1st two trout were about 13inchs....he said you can't keep that..... I said 12 its in....he said boy we would never bring those back in with us...what the hell this lake turned into a nursery

So that shows how big the trout adv. Was back then
Old 05-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Ling

Love me some 14" eaters.....best eatin ones..lol...
Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Lots of people let big trout go, not a surprise that someone from out of state accidentally let go a water-body record fish. Not everyone is concerned with killing every big fish they catch or seein how fast they can "limit out," some people just like catching trout and only keeping a few for a meal.
I agree! A lake record trout will get you some high fives and maybe a couple free rods and extra stickers to go on your boat, but who cares? This is what ruined bass fishing = trophy management and what will ruin other fisheries if we continue to go down the trophy mentality path. After ALL the years of trophy bass management the fact still remains that the record had never been broken, and that some old dude in a homemade boat caught the largest bass ever in a river in Georgia and just happened to weigh it before he ATE IT!

I have eaten three fish that would have made record books, a white crappie, flathead, and bluegill. We had this discussion going on at crappie.com. People are trying to get limits reduced on CRAPPIE = A PANFISH and they will not listen to reason, but anyway, here is one of my posts talking about this:

The number 10 white crappie in the state of Louisiana is 2.57 lbs, there have probably been tens of thousands of white crappie caught bigger than that people never even thought about putting in the record books, I have caught one 2.9, that I took pics of and threw in the freezer to mount

White bass - to get in the top 10 all you have to do is beat 3.12 lbs, that is probably broken once a week at Lake Yucatan in the summer during normal water years (add Sabine River to this as well)

Bluegill - you need to beat 1.14 lbs to get in the top 10, again that is probably beaten at Yucatan at least once a week when water is right, I have caught them there bigger than that. I bet Treboryerf has caught em much bigger than that since he fishes Yucatan

Channel Catfish - There are two entries, and if you can beat 3.75 lbs you are in the top 2 in the record books, this record is probably broken every single day of the year

Flathead catfish - 26 lbs will put you in the top ten, I have caught em on poles bigger than that, and its likely 10,000 other people have too

Chinquapin - 1.64 lbs will get you in the top ten, people fishing off the bank have caught bigger ones than this as well as probably 10,000 others

Goggleye - 1.31 will put you in the top ten, a top ten fish is probably caught once a week in the Atchafalaya Basin
Old 05-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,382

My dad preaches that back in the 80s they would sit around the washout area and catch trout all day. And lots of 6 and 7s almost every trip. Guess there is some truth to it.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,545

Quote:
But we all know the guides own big lake and regulate it as they wish. Big lake "Obama" guides lol
What? When did Waltrip sell Big Lake to the guides??????
Old 05-03-2012, 10:39 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,837

no doubt that the lake held bigger trout before the limit change. just talk to anyone who has been fishing it since the 80's. Jeff Poe knows better than anyone, it would be ignorant to argue with him.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 949

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
no doubt that the lake held bigger trout before the limit change. just talk to anyone who has been fishing it since the 80's. Jeff Poe knows better than anyone, it would be ignorant to argue with him.
A stupid person will NOT argue with someone with facts. LIKE POE.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle creek View Post
Exactly ...Poe was 100% against the limit change and now we are seeing the effects of it.....way too many small trout....soon we will be like the east side of the state ...100000 of dinks
Old 05-03-2012, 12:28 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,190

W was right, I looked up his IP addy and Ricky Bobby was Ryan Rack, he is now banned.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:42 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterisk-Rich View Post
Bruce Baugh told me that one of his buddies caught an 11.4 and released it. He thought the lake record was over 12...
Please tell me the thing was not 29".
Old 05-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Ling

Good one chickennnn
Old 05-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
W was right, I looked up his IP addy and Ricky Bobby was Ryan Rack, he is now banned.
I can sniff that dude out of a Taliban safehouse
Old 05-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Exactly ...Poe was 100% against the limit change and now we are seeing the effects of it.....way too many small trout....soon we will be like the east side of the state ...100000 of dinks
Need I remind you that the two biggest trout ever recorded in Louisiana waters came from "the east side of the state"?
Old 05-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Ling

Salty when was the last time somebody won the whole cca trout div from the east or the last time someone landed a 9-10# trout