SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-17-2018, 12:12 AM
Flounder

Cash: 548

This is similar to the import crawfish issue and is a purely economic battle. If a group of outlets in a particular area were targeted I would suspect a political motivation.

On a side note, I went to a faith based fundraising fish fry last month and on the menu was the genus pomoxis........about 400 people were served. Wildlife and fisheries were not present.....least not in uniform
Old 02-17-2018, 11:32 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Well they obviously got tipped off my someone that wasn't happy about them falsely labeling Swai as catfish. That much is clear. They didn't just show up and start questioning restaurants about what kind of fish they were serving.

Wouldn't surprise me if they had been buying catfish from someone, and when they found a source of Swai for cheaper than the catfish, they dumped ole boy and he ratted them out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Old 02-18-2018, 03:38 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Idk about all the rulings and crap but I can tell you this...I know someone who owns a restaurant and sells swai fish(properly labeled). Every piece of swai fish that I?ve ever eaten is way better than any piece of American catfish that I?ve ever eaten. Idk whatbthey talking about oily. This stuff is white as snow. It’s prettier and taste better than American catfish. I regularly recommend people trying it. It’s more than half the price and twice the flavor. And the flavor is consistent. I’ve never had a piece taste dirty or anything. I regularly get American catfish that I won’t eat because the flavor. With American catfish, One piece is awesome and the next is gross. Never seen that with swai. And I’ve probably ate my weight in it by now
On another note there are cross references of fish that are legally allowed to be sold under names different from what they are. For example blackened redfish can be blackened black drum. Sea scallops can actually be sting ray meat. I?m sure there?s dozens of others. That?s just the two I know off hand

Last edited by FF_T_Warren; 02-18-2018 at 03:50 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 09:58 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Well they obviously got tipped off my someone that wasn't happy about them falsely labeling Swai as catfish. That much is clear. They didn't just show up and start questioning restaurants about what kind of fish they were serving.

Wouldn't surprise me if they had been buying catfish from someone, and when they found a source of Swai for cheaper than the catfish, they dumped ole boy and he ratted them out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Funny thing is that it coencided with the opening of a new Copelands resturaunt that is right in the middle of the 3 accused resturaunts.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:20 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Funny thing is that it coencided with the opening of a new Copelands resturaunt that is right in the middle of the 3 accused resturaunts.
Hmmm, something smells fishy to me!! :*****: