SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,007
Default How much per acrea is duck pond worth??

have an oppurtunity to buy outright 16 acres of average to less duck hunting area in a marsh off of intercoastal in cameron parish. 16 acres . Close to house boat access only.
How to figure out price per acre?
Old 10-16-2015, 04:56 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerun View Post
have an oppurtunity to buy outright 16 acres of average to less duck hunting area in a marsh off of intercoastal in cameron parish. 16 acres . Close to house boat access only.
How to figure out price per acre?
Large tracts word on the street is $1,500 - $2,000 or so per acre smaller tracts will cost more. I would think less than 100k for what you are looking at. Just an opinion.
Old 10-16-2015, 05:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,007

Other info::if i was to lease it i would say i would pay $1000 to 1500 per year if that makes any difference in calculation. Casey does that make a difference in price. Also the pond itself is probalbly about 80 acres itself with one other individual hunting at the far corner from this piece but doesnt bother us as we have hunted this piece for a few years

Ill tell yall later what i can get for today but just getting more opinions
Old 10-16-2015, 09:36 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerun View Post
Other info::if i was to lease it i would say i would pay $1000 to 1500 per year if that makes any difference in calculation. Casey does that make a difference in price. Also the pond itself is probalbly about 80 acres itself with one other individual hunting at the far corner from this piece but doesnt bother us as we have hunted this piece for a few years

Ill tell yall later what i can get for today but just getting more opinions
Marsh leases in Cameron parish these days are all over the place in pricing be as low as $1,800 with Apache with one guy I heard paying 10k to lease a blind out of one of those two new high dollar school board sections. I would say the average is 5k but it varies.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:00 AM
Redfish

Cash: 861

20 years ago when Amoco was selling all of that thousands and thousands of acres in Cameron Parish, most of it sold in the $250 acre range.
Old 10-17-2015, 09:27 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
20 years ago when Amoco was selling all of that thousands and thousands of acres in Cameron Parish, most of it sold in the $250 acre range.
Wasn't that because it had a bunch of old played out wells on it that the new owner would be strictly liable for? Plug and abandon $$$$ and DEQ/EPA breathing down your neck all the time, might not have been as good a deal as it seemed.
Old 10-18-2015, 08:55 AM
Redfish

Cash: 861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Babaz View Post
Wasn't that because it had a bunch of old played out wells on it that the new owner would be strictly liable for? Plug and abandon $$$$ and DEQ/EPA breathing down your neck all the time, might not have been as good a deal as it seemed.
Nope. Had zero to do with it and 99% of it had a pipeline, but no wells. It was because it had zero interest for anybody but a duck hunter. It was shallow water marsh and that was all it was. No land access usually too. And most were being sold in 1000+ acre pieces, but our tract was smaller and it was $250/acre and I know of 1 other piece that was smaller that went for $250 also. The larger tracts might have even went for less.
Old 10-18-2015, 12:27 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
Nope. Had zero to do with it and 99% of it had a pipeline, but no wells. It was because it had zero interest for anybody but a duck hunter. It was shallow water marsh and that was all it was. No land access usually too. And most were being sold in 1000+ acre pieces, but our tract was smaller and it was $250/acre and I know of 1 other piece that was smaller that went for $250 also. The larger tracts might have even went for less.
Very different times now. Recent marsh land sales have been off the charts in Cameron parish.