SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 11-16-2011, 08:27 AM
Flounder

Cash: 639

sorry for your misfortune, duckgogetter. but something does not sound right with your decoy situation. why didn't they take all your dekes? why did they not touch your boat and motor?

don't get me wrong i know there are many people out there that steal, but it sounds like your decoys sunk or came untied. IMHO.

heres wishing you luck for the rest of the season
Old 11-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse james View Post
sorry for your misfortune, duckgogetter. But something does not sound right with your decoy situation. Why didn't they take all your dekes? Why did they not touch your boat and motor?

Don't get me wrong i know there are many people out there that steal, but it sounds like your decoys sunk or came untied. Imho.

Heres wishing you luck for the rest of the season
i thought that to, but there's no way they sunk without me seeing them there's only about 6 inches of water. And as far as them coming untied i have them texas rigged with a snap and i searched all 4 ponds around me and all ponds in our area are pretty enclosed and i'm sure i would've seen some on the bank somewhere and seen 0. Thanks for the suggestion, and good luck to you also.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsh Boy View Post
Yes, the guy is an internet douche
Thats not very nice, just trying to help you guys out with all your duck hunting problems.

Here is the deal. It is November, it is 80 degrees outside. The ducks that you have now have been here, they were comfortable until Saturday, they found shelter, they will stay there unless disturbed or run out of food. Without cold weather bringing more ducks, it is what it is. Pick up your decoys = problem solved, helps with local ducks anyway, have a good day
Old 11-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck butter View Post
thats not very nice, just trying to help you guys out with all your duck hunting problems.

Here is the deal. It is november, it is 80 degrees outside. The ducks that you have now have been here, they were comfortable until saturday, they found shelter, they will stay there unless disturbed or run out of food. Without cold weather bringing more ducks, it is what it is. Pick up your decoys = problem solved, helps with local ducks anyway, have a good day

dude are you serious! So basically what your saying is that it's my fault that some low life pos stole my decoys out my pond on a private lease? So what you're saying is that if someone leaves their decoys out that it's free game for anyone to help themselves, cause they left them out. You one piece of work.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:41 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
dude are you serious! So basically what your saying is that it's my fault that some low life pos stole my decoys out my pond on a private lease? So what you're saying is that if someone leaves their decoys out that it's free game for anyone to help themselves, cause they left them out. You one piece of work.
Whoa! No, just saying pick em up now that is all, wouldn't want it to happend again, and it helps with weary birds too. I hope you get the decoys back or find the pos that did it
Old 11-16-2011, 09:45 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck butter View Post
whoa! No, just saying pick em up now that is all, wouldn't want it to happend again, and it helps with weary birds too. I hope you get the decoys back or find the pos that did it

okay you didn't really word your post like that it's all good. I learned my lesson and will pick them up after every hunt. It's just a shame that i have to do that.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
okay you didn't really word your post like that it's all good. I learned my lesson and will pick them up after every hunt. It's just a shame that i have to do that.
It really is a shame, the new duck "hunters" these days suck, and have never been taught the right way. Last year opening day 2nd split, I hunted an area and there were 5 or 6 people on one end of the beaver pond I was hunting and they were doing lots of shooting, having a good time, we respected each other, and if ducks were coming to us, they would be quiet and vice versa. We got back to our truck and headed down the road and two 17 year olds were coming out the woods. I asked them how they were doing and they said they only killed a hooded merganser, but they were about to go scout the area that all that shooting was coming from. I said that is a group of people that hunt there all the time and they will likely be back in the morning, they said 'not if we get there first'. I tried very calmly to tell them this was not very sportsmanlike and there were plenty of other places to go, but they were not very cooperative. Unfortunately this is what duck hunting has become. A thief is a thief though, and anyone that would steal decoys from a private lease should be...well..