SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 08-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
Still amazes me that they think the ducks just got here after the season closes. Don't they realize that due to the pressure and sky busting the ducks have found areas that have no pressure and after all the shooting and mud motor noise stops they come begin to come out of the reserves and safe places. For the most part, they aren't migrating to south Louisiana the last week of January.
That is total nonsense and you need to stop with that BS before the Phil fans learn somethin
Old 08-08-2014, 10:14 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Quote:
Still amazes me that they think the ducks just got here after the season closes. Don't they realize that due to the pressure and sky busting the ducks have found areas that have no pressure and after all the shooting and mud motor noise stops they come begin to come out of the reserves and safe places. For the most part, they aren't migrating to south Louisiana the last week of January.
Not to mention all the fields and timber that are drained after season is closed. But the face painters don't understand this.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:23 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,424

Quote:
I agree, our hunting got bad the last week of last year, we made a couple of hunts and didn't fire a shot. Two weeks later the ducks were all over the pond. They didn't just arrive, they were avoiding the pressure. There is a big commercial operation just south of us that hunts every day.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:09 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottogo49 View Post
I agree, our hunting got bad the last week of last year, we made a couple of hunts and didn't fire a shot. Two weeks later the ducks were all over the pond. They didn't just arrive, they were avoiding the pressure. There is a big commercial operation just south of us that hunts every day.
Yea, we usually struggle the last week and last year was no exception. I wonder how many of the 213 that Mr Reynolds said wanted a later date have hunted more than a couple of years. Face painters indeed!!!
Old 08-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcnabb View Post

I hope all the people who cried about duck season dates are happy. Can't wait to see what they propose next to you as the reason they ain't killing
Get ready....DU opening up more flooded fields in mid west! Global warming! USWF are lying about the population of ducks. Unfair use of heaters to keep ponds open in Kansas and Missouri (DU). Opening the season too late!
Old 08-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,642

No doubt I have always killed more ducks during the first split and usually by the end of the season I'm struggling to consistently kill birds. I didn't mind how the season was in the first place but really and trully idk if 7 days will actually make a big enough difference to notice. Like someone might have stated in a previous post, next years 2nd Saturday of the month is on the 14. It just depends on how the days fall I guess. And for the 5 day split for specks I think it will hurt the ones that hunt heavily pressured areas.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:45 AM
Redfish

Cash: 2,950
Default Season Dates

I agree there should be a longer split (At least one weekend) for the speck hunters and more than likley opening one week later than normal propably won't make much difference one way or another, I personally am just happy that we all still have the opportunity to enjoy our sport. Maybe we can't all agree which date the season should start and end, but I think we all can agree that we are indeen fortunate to have 60 days & 6 birds for ducks no matter when the season starts and ends (Even longer for Geese). Believe me when I tell you, we just may see a day when we will no longer be allowed to participate in this pleasure. Things are a changin' and it's not for the better. It's Ok to debate and argue and I understand both points, the bottom line is we do still have a season to enjoy, so let's do so while we still are able to. Suport every orginization that supports waterfowling and the right to bear arms. Continue ethical hunting practices, intorduce someone new to the sport, and do not give any of the bureaucrats any ammunition to use against us. The government does not give a rats @$$ if we have a waterfowl season or not. They have another agenda. It is (ALWAYS) going to be up to us to ensure we still have this simple pleasure we call waterfowl hunting. Keep in mind, there are bigger fish to fry here. Ok, I'm off my soap box, Next!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 08:57 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

when the end of the season rolls around, thats when I head to N LA. Its stupid good there the last two weeks of the season. At least where I hunt
Old 08-11-2014, 09:29 AM
Redfish

Cash: 794

It is amazing how soon the ducks hit the rice fields in the area I hunt, after the season closes. They learn fast that it is safe now.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 478

This is the coming future of Game & Fish regulations. Instead of using sound facts, leave it up to Social Media to decide!
Of course you are going to get more comments for change when you ask the question. Folks who are not fixiated on "CHANGE" just want it left alone and do no feel the need to comment.
So next year, let's remember to get a movement going to move it back up a week!

Also, you would think LDWF would give some consideration to the hunting clubs who have already booked hunts, people who have made vacation plans for work, etc, etc.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Flounder

Cash: 587
Default Season dates

We hunt the coastal zone. My main concern with running the speck season through the first week of the twelve day split is there are a lot more speck "hunters" now. There will be people, alot of people out in the field shooting and disturbing birds. These are some of the same areas where we are trying to let the ducks rest. Nothing drives ducks back to refuges like gun pressure and traffic in and out of farms. The ducks really won't get much of a break other than in the marshes. So the rice fields in the coastal zone will essential have a 5 day split. I would always much rather have the extra speck days after duck season. Our harvest records show great success rates. (Near 100%) the last two weeks of specks after duck season. I realize it is what it is this year. Just my 2 cents for the future dates.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:15 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,578

The traditional season dates were changed due to public comment of 200 or so people that basically don't know much about duck hunting in the Coastal Zone!! Keeping the season open later into January accomplishes nothing!! All the ducks that are here that time of year are all WELL educated to blinds, & decoys!!!
If you want to kill any of those late January ducks, you are going to have to work extremely hard just to bag a few!!
Good luck to the 200 or so people that have ruined the tradition for the rest of us!!!
Old 08-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianaoutfitters View Post
We hunt the coastal zone. My main concern with running the speck season through the first week of the twelve day split is there are a lot more speck "hunters" now. There will be people, alot of people out in the field shooting and disturbing birds. These are some of the same areas where we are trying to let the ducks rest. Nothing drives ducks back to refuges like gun pressure and traffic in and out of farms. The ducks really won't get much of a break other than in the marshes. So the rice fields in the coastal zone will essential have a 5 day split. I would always much rather have the extra speck days after duck season. Our harvest records show great success rates. (Near 100%) the last two weeks of specks after duck season. I realize it is what it is this year. Just my 2 cents for the future dates.
totally agree..

why change it?
Old 08-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac23 View Post
The traditional season dates were changed due to public comment of 200 or so people that basically don't know much about duck hunting in the Coastal Zone!! Keeping the season open later into January accomplishes nothing!! All the ducks that are here that time of year are all WELL educated to blinds, & decoys!!!
If you want to kill any of those late January ducks, you are going to have to work extremely hard just to bag a few!!
Good luck to the 200 or so people that have ruined the tradition for the rest of us!!!
Yea, I can't believe they changed dates based on 200+ comments when Mr Reynolds has data to support the fact that more ducks are killed early than late in the year. Come on LDWF, you guys know better than that. Set the dates based on fact and not the comments people that don't know what they don't know!!
Old 08-11-2014, 03:46 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,546

Quote:
Yea, I can't believe they changed dates based on 200+ comments when Mr Reynolds has data to support the fact that more ducks are killed early than late in the year. Come on LDWF, you guys know better than that. Set the dates based on fact and not the comments people that don't know what they don't know!!
They did it for specks in BL and triple tail.. Why not ducks too right? It's a week. I think we will be fine. Wasn't it like this when it was just east/west zone?

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
Old 08-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
They did it for specks in BL and triple tail.. Why not ducks too right? It's a week. I think we will be fine. Wasn't it like this when it was just east/west zone?

No
Old 08-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,529

I blame the internet, duck dynasty, mud motors, and the Clintons.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 08-11-2014, 04:34 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post

no coastal and west used to be the same
Old 08-11-2014, 04:34 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
I blame the internet, duck dynasty, mud motors, and the Clintons.
dont forget face paint and black cloud
Old 08-11-2014, 04:49 PM
Swordfish

and barrel stickers