SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 652
Default Looking for help/advice

Alright guys here goes.

My company is putting on a benefit skeet shoot in September for Cancer Research, particularly Prostate Cancer since one of the owners has been battling it for 2 years now. Myself along with other members of the company have been delegated to spear head the event. What I am really looking for is tips and pointers to make this event one of a kind. I have been to several skeet shoots and have helped put on several banquets for different organizations. This one is different since our donation goal is through the roof 250K. I am already planning on doing two raffles prior to the event to get the ball rolling on collecting money since we will be making a monthly donation to Tulane to help with furthering their research as soon as possible.

I will hang up and listen now. Also if anyone is interested in shooting or donating I will have a website up hopefully by the first of the month and will add it to this post once it is up and running.

Thanks guys,

BPH
Old 02-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988

Get some things donated and have a silent auction or a live auction.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshdomingue View Post
Get some things donated and have a silent auction or a live auction.

We are having both of those.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:33 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

I don't know exactly how we could work it but, I'd be willing to do some sort of donation, say deductible coverage up to x amount through my collision center.

Now, I'll have to try to figure out how to work that and I'm not sure who would want to be the "lucky" winner of "Oh crap, now I gotta go get in a wreck!" but, I'd be willing to put something out there. It would be good advertisement anyway!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Get a couple pigs cooking and sell pulled pork sandwiches. Kids activities will bring more people and the wives out. Dunking booth, a big jumper thing, etc. Maybe even a 5k run before the festivities? People are all over little runs like that. Sell t-shirts for sure. They are cheap to print out and will sell well. I have some wildlife photo prints to donate for a silent auction also too, remind us closer to the festivities
Old 02-18-2011, 10:41 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post

I don't know exactly how we could work it but, I'd be willing to do some sort of donation, say deductible coverage up to x amount through my collision center.

Now, I'll have to try to figure out how to work that and I'm not sure who would want to be the "lucky" winner of "Oh crap, now I gotta go get in a wreck!" but, I'd be willing to put something out there. It would be good advertisement anyway!

I will be doing something for guys who just want to donate a little I will put their name on the website and the t-shirt I will get made for the event.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:45 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Get a couple pigs cooking and sell pulled pork sandwiches. Kids activities will bring more people and the wives out. Dunking booth, a big jumper thing, etc. Maybe even a 5k run before the festivities? People are all over little runs like that. Sell t-shirts for sure. They are cheap to print out and will sell well. I have some wildlife photo prints to donate for a silent auction also too, remind us closer to the festivities

Thanks Butter. I will try to keep the post updated monthly. The closer we get the more info I will be having such as guns to be auctioned and what not.

Another question is would any of you guys be willing to put a couple raffle books in your offices or around the west side of the state? I am here in Baton Rouge and would like to get them as widespread as possible. I can just mail a few books over and we could set up something up. Once again I appreciate any and all help.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:55 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 782

If you raffle a gun...I work with all guys and they would buy tickets. Plus one of our own is battling cancer and it would hit home. I'm in the BR area...PM me if you need to get tickets out. Btw..we have a jam up skeet shooting crew, me uncluded, who would be interested in the competition so keep me posted!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Give Hunters Run a call, they help get you going in the right direction...I'll be willing to help any way I can.....
Old 02-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Dude that's a lot of bones to try and raise, I admire you.
I sat on the Cypress Chauve Boy scout Skeet and Eat committee a couple of years.
I can tell you, these are no small under takings.

Major on food, people down here have to eat good
Try and have a "hunters' division where guys do not feel drilled by the registered target shooters.
Have something for the young shooters, like a nice gun for high overall score.

you may look into some type of "hole in one" insurance for a chance to win a truck.

How many teams you looking for?
where you gonna have the event?
what will the team entry be?

Make sure Cabela's and Bass pro know you are looking for good sponsorship.
OR, take the total opposite approach and go to all the independents and let them know with good independent gun shop support you will NOT go to Cabela's or Bass Pro
Old 02-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Oh and one more idea.......
I always wanted to have a by "trade" trophy.......

Like high score for an electrical contractor, of piping guys.....

All those contractor shoot, and it would be great bragging rites to "bring home da trophy"
Old 02-19-2011, 11:27 AM
Redfish

Cash: 604

let me know if I can help. A good friend of mine was just diagnosed with it and with me still being young, it made me realize that anyone can be a victim of it. Just let me know what you need, and i'll see what i can do