SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes)

The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) What good is a cajun site without a cooking and recipe forum?

Old 12-13-2016, 09:08 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542
Default Eatin' like Bubba

We eat some poor folk fixins around here too. Pack or ramen noodle and a can of spam.

IMG_5008.jpg
Old 12-13-2016, 09:25 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
We eat some poor folk fixins around here too. Pack or ramen noodle and a can of spam.

Attachment 114060
Nah Datt Ruff'n It....................ha ha ha ha ha.......................
Old 12-14-2016, 12:21 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,124

I been on a low salt diet trying to keep swellin in my legs down last spam sammage I had seemed very salty. Gonna hafta check for healthy version.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:48 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Fried spam is the shiz!
Old 12-14-2016, 09:11 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
I been on a low salt diet trying to keep swellin in my legs down last spam sammage I had seemed very salty. Gonna hafta check for healthy version.

You are correct Cappy. Spam is some salty stuff. I fried these up and put some Hoisin sauce on them. It was alright, but I much prefer it sliced almost paper thin and fried on some bread with mustard. Still salty, but not as much.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:08 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556
Default Spam a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by redaddiction View Post
Fried spam is the shiz!
Take a can of spam open it and take the spam out lay it on the side and cross hatch it. put this in your smoker for about 3 - 4 hours.
Old 12-15-2016, 03:18 PM
Red Snapper

Default Cheap wonderful soup

Da pig had turkey wings on sale a few weeks ago. they were cut into pieces on the meat saw into chunks this cut through most of the big boles exposing the marrow I call em gumbo pieces they were $0.60 per lb I bought a few 5 lb bags. yesterday Peg was feeling poorly her pluracy ahd flared up. I thawed a bag of the wing parts and wnet back to the pig for some onions and stuff to make her some get well soup the onions were on sale 3lbs for a doller I bought 2 bags. I juliened all 6 lbs and let them cook down in a couple spoons of bacon greese. Seasoned them well and let em go till translucent and slightly browned then dumped in the turkey covered it with water with more seasonings then I added lots of garlic peppers, green onions and parsley from the yard and let it simmer for a hour or 2. The soup was wonderful we both had 2 bowls and had it again today for lunch. 2$ worth of onions, $4 worth of trukey add 1$ for seasoning and such. 6 bowls and 2 meals so far and enough left for supper. Mama would be proud o me!
Old 12-15-2016, 05:51 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy View Post
Da pig had turkey wings on sale a few weeks ago. they were cut into pieces on the meat saw into chunks this cut through most of the big boles exposing the marrow I call em gumbo pieces they were $0.60 per lb I bought a few 5 lb bags. yesterday Peg was feeling poorly her pluracy ahd flared up. I thawed a bag of the wing parts and wnet back to the pig for some onions and stuff to make her some get well soup the onions were on sale 3lbs for a doller I bought 2 bags. I juliened all 6 lbs and let them cook down in a couple spoons of bacon greese. Seasoned them well and let em go till translucent and slightly browned then dumped in the turkey covered it with water with more seasonings then I added lots of garlic peppers, green onions and parsley from the yard and let it simmer for a hour or 2. The soup was wonderful we both had 2 bowls and had it again today for lunch. 2$ worth of onions, $4 worth of trukey add 1$ for seasoning and such. 6 bowls and 2 meals so far and enough left for supper. Mama would be proud o me!

That does sound amazing Cap. Turkey wings and necks are some of my favorite. I might have to give this a shot one weekend.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:34 AM
Red Snapper

It was meant to be healing and healthy. Had 6 lbs of onions and lots and lots of garlic and stuff das good for colds. I expected it to be strong but it came out really good. The wings cut that way make wonderful stock with the bones cut like that. Sopmetimes ya can get baking hens cut up like that and that works well too. But the wings make wonderful soup.