SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > Kayak and Canoe Forum

Kayak and Canoe Forum Discuss non-motorized watersport activities here, including kayaking, canoeing, etc.

Old 01-20-2016, 12:34 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 439
Default jackson kayak questions

If I were to look into getting two kayaks from Jackson kayak which two should I look at for fishing? im new to this kayak thing but have heard good things about it and want to get into it I have to get two different ones. im looking at the coosa and the kraken but any information on other Jackson kayaks would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-20-2016, 12:39 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

The Cuda is loaded with features for the fisherman. The coosa would be my second choice.

Other than Jackson, I like the Ocean Kayak Big Game II. Can get these on eBay with paddle, anchor, rod holder for $1299 with free shipping.
Old 01-20-2016, 03:21 PM
Flounder

Cash: 517
Default Jackson Kayak

I've owned a Jackson Cuda 14' for 6 months and I really like it. Very stable Kayak with lots of features!
Old 01-23-2016, 05:55 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 503

What kind of fishing do you do? The Coosa is a flat water boat, rivers where easy turning is more important then tracking. The Kraken is the dedicated big water boat. If your going btb often that's be the one to have.

The Cuda is the most versatile. For mainly inshore marshes and some freshwater I'd get a Cuda 14 and call it good.

I just sold a Big Tuna. Great boats.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:01 PM
Redfish

Cash: 837

Big tuna is great to fish out of. May be a bit heavy and slower than Cuda, but allows to bring a your wife or kid for just paddling around. I tried fishing with me and my 22 year old daughter out of it, and lets just say I'd rather fish solo. It worked, but I'm better alone. I know you're asking about Jackson, which are great, but I'm looking forward to the day to buy a wilderness ATAK 14.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:41 PM
Flounder

Cash: 625

Do you want to stand and fish is one question you need to ask yourself. The Kraken is more a offshore boat and not made to stand in and the Cossa is for moving water such as rivers and creeks. You can stand in it but its not as stable as other boats. If you are fishing large lakes and marshes the Jackson Cuda 14 is a good choice and the Jackson Kilroy ( sit inside ) which you can stand in either of these kayaks. Both of these also track better than the Coosa.