SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192
Default Camper shopping sucks!!!!

Decided we want a 5th wheel, but I am so tired of seeing the same floorplan over and over again!!!! I'm burning big fuel riding from place to place. Y'all gimme some names so I can look them up online instead of driving over there.........plus, how many times do you gave to tell a salesman BUNKHOUSE????? Wth am I gonna do with a rear living? Put the kids outside in a tent?? Wait a minute!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Dude buy a used one.....just like a vehicle you will loose your azz as soon as you leave the lot. Alot of people buy a brand new camper use it a few times and sell it. Check out the auctions,there is one at the old race track and another further north on 49,forgot the name of the place. My dad bought a 2008 28' bumper pull with two slide outs for 6 grand,book value was close to 15k.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,535

I agree with Montauk on this one. Of course, it's probably really tough to find exactly what you want used. I have heard of a site called RV.net that probably has a lot of classifieds.

Dink, have you been over here to Deridder? There are some big RV dealers over here called Kites, though I have heard their prices are high. My next door neighbor told me he knows of a place to get one with a great price. I'll get the name if you want me to.

Maybe you could look up the style you want on the net, determine who makes it, go to their web page and then located dealers from the web page.

You don't really expect to pull a fifth wheel with an old broke down Dodge do ya? !!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:52 AM
Redfish

Cash: 888

heard from a man that the some capers at the racetrack are brand new and are put there just to to sold cheaper..
Old 01-02-2012, 11:04 AM
Blue Marlin

So far the only one I like alot is the Sportsman by K-Z. Its got a master suite up front and bunks rear with a half bath back there. No need for the kids to even go upfront. Only problem is it only has 2 bunks. Got more kids than that, plus they always wanna bring friends.......

Broke down dodge eh?? Haven't looked at a camper this truck can't pull yet!!! Lovin this 5.9 Cummins!!!!! Completely changes your outlook on driving a truck! Ill never go back to gas again!
Old 01-02-2012, 11:07 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 652

Try PPL Trailers in Houston. They are on the internet. Thousands of Campers and Motorhomes, used.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:18 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Buy one of those magazines at the convenience store (Boats, bikes, and Rvs or something like that), they have hundreds in there new and used.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,320

Houston Boat Show will have tons of campers.

That said, buy used. Take your timie and don't get in a hurry and you can find what you are looking for.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

got a 42' fifthwheel toyhauler for sale in great shape, its not a bunk house but you can buy the beds that go in back garage that raise up to ceiling so they are out of the way plus it has a loft bed in living room. It includes washer/dryer, 3 slide outs and upgraded cabinets/ countertops......what are you looking to spend because if you are looking at new ones I can probably set you up with this and you would be way happier since it was a custom order with a lot of upgrades.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

My parents have a nice bumper pull with a set of bunks, sleeps 9 I think. Message me if you want to see some pics. And just my opinion 5th wheel sucks if you plan on brining 4 wheeler with you or a ton of bicycles. I have a bumper pull and have to drag a 10 ft trailer for my golf cart, but the bed of the truck is still full of bicycles and bbq pit, chairs, table, fishing poles, ice chest, etc. Good luck. BTW dragging double trailers sucks azz, can't back up and is a pain in town.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Sister in laws fiance works at Primeaux RVs call and talk to Tim, tell him Johnny sent you. He can probably tell you some websites to look on.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 View Post
My parents have a nice bumper pull with a set of bunks, sleeps 9 I think. Message me if you want to see some pics. And just my opinion 5th wheel sucks if you plan on brining 4 wheeler with you or a ton of bicycles. I have a bumper pull and have to drag a 10 ft trailer for my golf cart, but the bed of the truck is still full of bicycles and bbq pit, chairs, table, fishing poles, ice chest, etc. Good luck. BTW dragging double trailers sucks azz, can't back up and is a pain in town.
this is when a toyhauler comes in handy, the one I am selling is my moms and you could literally put a car in the back garage are
Old 01-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,445

Pm fff I think he has one for sale
Old 01-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Blue Marlin

I've been thinking about toyhauler!! I can put bunk beds in it, or a couch, and take it out when not needed. Or if its just the little ones coming, there's plenty of floor space for them yo play with their trucks.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

no offens if its a jump on the bandwagon thing...buy used if you know your gonna use it alot and keep it buy new...like a boat if you dont use it tlc just starts to rack up, thats why you see so many sitting in backyards not being used..
Old 01-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Sailfish

PM me your email and I will get you all the info I have with pics, I plan on goin up to Toledo Bend tomarrow which is where I have it parked at her house so if you would want to come look or want me to get pics or anymore info from it I can
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
I've been thinking about toyhauler!! I can put bunk beds in it, or a couch, and take it out when not needed. Or if its just the little ones coming, there's plenty of floor space for them yo play with their trucks.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,320

How much does it weigh weed?
Old 01-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Sailfish

I will have to get that info.... I did pull it with my 3/4 ton Dodge with no problem and I have a supervisor that pulled one like it with his 3/4 ton Ford, it is a tripple axle and it also includes a built in generator with fuel tank for generator and fuel tank to fill toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
How much does it weigh weed?
Old 01-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 View Post
Already have the gooseneck ball installed......speaking of, anyone have any experience with the 5th wheel to gooseneck conversion?
Old 01-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Already have the gooseneck ball installed......speaking of, anyone have any experience with the 5th wheel to gooseneck conversion?
I had a B&W turnover ball hitch with fifthwheel adaptor but it was a fifthwheel hitch, I was told that the adaptor that mounts on your trailer then just conects to a gooseneck ball made for a ruff ride