SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:09 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 767
Smokin

So. What you're saying is we should report the post?
Old 10-07-2016, 01:10 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 683

#ReportThePost
Old 10-07-2016, 01:13 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Report The post
well how do you feel about this post directed at me then?

where did I ever get rude or cross the line in any way to deserve to be treated this way by one of your moderators with the claim it was on behalf of all of your moderators?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
Please S T F U !!!!

Sincerely,

The Moderators....

he is your moderator here speaking on behalf of ALL the moderators, and this is the public image presented to all members of this websites stance on the matter, if someone objects to, or wants to discuss the trolling that goes on at this site.

after this, you actually want anyone to believe reporting to moderators with public attitudes such as this, will ever do any good?
Old 10-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,190

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
well how do you feel about this post directed at me then?

he is your moderator here speaking on behalf of ALL the moderators, and this is the public image presented to all members of this websites stance on the matter, if someone objects to, or wants to discuss the trolling that goes on at this site.

after this, you actually want anyone to believe reporting to moderators with public attitudes such as this, will ever do any good?
Yes.Bluechip is fair. He is messing with you.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:16 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
well how do you feel about this post then?

Did you push on the icon and report the post? If so, then Shut the fork up ...If not, then do so and then shut the fork up
Old 10-07-2016, 01:25 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Yes.Bluechip is fair. He is messing with you.
well I really couldnt care less about that comment but cant you see how that reads to new members?

you asked why people leave and quit posting and things like that don't represent this site well and people take a look at stuff like that and move on not wanting to be a part of this website if that's what they see here.

I have no reason to think any of the moderators are not fair, but I have no way of knowing if its a joke or serious but if it was serious and I report it, to who? him?

assuming I wanted to report it it goes something like this, "im reporting this post in which your moderator said blah blah blah and I didn't like it." so the moderator I have a problem with is the same guy im asking to reprimand himself?????????????

you have to see where in this particular special situation that the idea of being able think anything can come from reporting something like that just seams silly.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:43 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,826

Quote:
well I really couldnt care less about that comment but cant you see how that reads to new members?

you asked why people leave and quit posting and things like that don't represent this site well and people take a look at stuff like that and move on not wanting to be a part of this website if that's what they see here.

I have no reason to think any of the moderators are not fair, but I have no way of knowing if its a joke or serious but if it was serious and I report it, to who? him?

assuming I wanted to report it it goes something like this, "im reporting this post in which your moderator said blah blah blah and I didn't like it." so the moderator I have a problem with is the same guy im asking to reprimand himself?????????????

you have to see where in this particular special situation that the idea of being able think anything can come from reporting something like that just seams silly.
Some times you just lose..... We do not give out participation trophies please refer to post #119 for details.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:48 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,190

Quote:

I see your point.Report the post.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:49 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Some times you just lose..... We do not give out participation trophies please refer to post #119 for details.
I get it, and none of this stuff bothers me at all, if it did I would have left years ago, but the discussion is about why members stop posting and contributing and why new member leave and don't come back.

if the site isn't seen as a place to be able to post freely without trolls bothering them then people wont stay, and if they don't stay they wont be here to contribute or even join as premium members to help support the site.

an atmosphere that promotes running people off is not a way to grow a website and make it more sustainable, its that simple.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,486

Quote:
You didn't just refer him to the post that did not get reported, did you? Shame on you Blue. How about we take your Mod privileges away for 10 minutes? LoL
Old 10-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
You are on fiya!! This post is even better than #119. Very well played sir
Old 10-07-2016, 02:29 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926
Cheers

Quote:

stop crying, it happens on every outdoor website, we all take and give crap to each other!! Have a beer or post a report so your in a "safe zone"!! I see your point, but it's just part of it. You don't have to read or reply to any post, the mods do the best they can, they have lives too!!
Old 10-07-2016, 03:01 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
I get it, and none of this stuff bothers me at all, if it did I would have left years ago, but the discussion is about why members stop posting and contributing and why new member leave and don't come back.

if the site isn't seen as a place to be able to post freely without trolls bothering them then people wont stay, and if they don't stay they wont be here to contribute or even join as premium members to help support the site.

an atmosphere that promotes running people off is not a way to grow a website and make it more sustainable, its that simple.
Did you report the post yet?
Old 10-07-2016, 03:04 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

in other news

They found a clown playing Pokemon who was tested positive for zika and his dog had Ebola..

REPORT THE POST
Old 10-07-2016, 03:06 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
Did you report the post yet?
if a post bothered me I would report it, so no

sorry if that ruins your predetermined idea of my feedback on the issues of why new people not joining or staying at the site
Old 10-07-2016, 03:06 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
in other news

They found a clown playing Pokemon who was tested positive for zika and his dog had Ebola..and he had 5 boxes of Jiffy Muffin Mix concealed on his person.

REPORT THE POST
FIFY
Old 10-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
in other news

They found a clown playing Pokemon who was tested positive for zika and his dog had Ebola..

REPORT THE POST
Did the dog get run over by a truck with yeite stickers???
Old 10-07-2016, 05:02 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
Did the dog get run over by a truck with yeite stickers???
Just wasn't ANY dog. It was a Silver Lab ...
Old 10-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Redfish

Cash: 419

I know I haven't been around long, but no one has trolled me yet or hurt my feelings or made me want to leave...that in itself hurts my feelings and makes me want to leave.

On a related note, I was a part of a musical group based in TX that played every week at the same venue for years...terribly offensive parody music and other songs...made fun of everyone, including ourselves...it was the most successful band of which I've been a part.

Just because things aren't positive and squeaky clean doesn't mean it will drive everyone away. It just means it will probably attract a different demographic. Everything is relative, friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2016, 06:23 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Just wasn't ANY dog. It was a Silver Lab ...
Dang I forgot that !!!

When did this nation become so depending on the net and get butt hurt so easy??