SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 10-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,628
Default 10-25 Big Lake

A little late on the report but wanted to post and share a new thing I tried. (new for me) A friend of mine from Lafayette and I went to Heberts for an afternoon trip. Birds were working pretty good when we got there but we were only able to pick up one or two per pack. Could not stay on the birds with the wind blowing so bad so we had to get them while we drifted by. There did not seem to be many active keeper specks, mainly white trout. The birds died off about mid-afternoon and then picked up some toward dark. Tide was nothing. The wind was really bad so I tried something that I had been thinking about for some time. I love throwing topwaters but the birds keep picking it up so I tried a Rapala suspending jerkbait. The only one I had was silver/blue back but I caught quite a few of our keepers on it. My first fish was a white trout and everyone after that was a keeper speck. We ended up with 14 trout for the afternoon. My partner lost one flounder by the boat. He was reeling in a white trout and something big came and grabbed it and started peeling line and then came off by the boat. Think it was a red. The white trout was mangled. Good fishing.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,225

I was getting ready to flip a dink sand trout into the boat last week and as I was pulling it out of the water, a speck which I estimate around 5 pounds, came up to the surface and pulled it right off my hook before I could get it in! It was pretty spectacular to see! I was wishing it would have grabbed my hook also....

I also noticed that quite a few of the sandies I've been catching over reefs lately have war wounds. Moreso than normal. I wish whatever is feeding on them would eat more because there are too many of them right now
Old 10-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Nice job and thanks for the report