SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 11-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890
Default Duck hunt 11/14/11 and vent session

Well first let me start off by saying i'm not sure what happened with all the ducks that were in our marsh in grand chenier since saturday. Hunted yesterday with my dad and seen maybe a total of 300 ducks all morning in our area, but still got alot of pooldoo. We ended the day with 4 birds--2 redheads and 2 teal it was like a ghost town around my blind. Didn't jump up but maybe a handful of ducks on our way out from our marsh or the flooded pasture on the other side. We need a weather change bad imo, and things will get back to normal. Second thing and it really makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it. This year we bought 3 dz brand new greenhead gear decoys, and rigged them texas style. We put them out saturday morning, and didn't go back til yesterday so these decoys sat out for a day and a half. Well some low life pos stole a dozen and a half of them. Never had a theft problem out there so this is a real shock to me. Looked in the all the ponds surrounding us thinking that maybe by some freak of nature the strong south wind we had sunday pushed them somewhere else. I work really hard to buy nice stuff to try and enjoy it and bring others to help enjoy it with me. Some people need to get off thier *** and get their own stuff and stop trying to ruin other peoples time with this childish stuff. What i really don't understand is that the boat, motor and everything else was right there and all they took was decoys. Now i have to go and spend more money that i worked for to buy more decoys cause someone is too lazy to get their own. Sorry for the long read just really needed to vent.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

man Chris that sux... now you are prolly gonna have to pick up deeks everytime you go. prolly some kids who dont have enough money or enough sense to get their own.... like the ones that were sky busting a few levees down! idiots.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:35 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

That sucks your decoys got stolen I would be livid

I will say though that it is funny down here in south Louisiana that when you only see 300 ducks and say that is a horrible day, you guys are spoiled

I have friends that will pay $5k to sit in a metal box looking over a rice field that may not see 300 blackbirds in a day
Old 11-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck butter View Post
that sucks your decoys got stolen i would be livid

I will say though that it is funny down here in south louisiana that when you only see 300 ducks and say that is a horrible day, you guys are spoiled

we'll when you go from seeing 6-7 thousand opening morning even though they were sky high and don't want to work to 300 hundred 2 days later something is wrong with the picture.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:38 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

These low life pieces of trash are really getting under my skin. They have lost the whole meaning and message of the great outdoors. Not only does it cost you hard earned money, but now you will probably have to pick your decoys up everytime cuz you will be nervous of getting them stolen.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUCKGOGETTER View Post
we'll when you go from seeing 6-7 thousand opening morning even though they were sky high and don't want to work to 300 hundred 2 days later something is wrong with the picture.

Yeah, they are getting shot at!

or global warming
Old 11-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by salteredneck View Post
man chris that sux... Now you are prolly gonna have to pick up deeks everytime you go. Prolly some kids who dont have enough money or enough sense to get their own.... Like the ones that were sky busting a few levees down! Idiots.

yep i know i know there's nothing i can do about it, but go buy more and pick them up after every hunt in order to keep peoples sticky hands off them.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake chuck duck View Post
these low life pieces of trash are really getting under my skin. They have lost the whole meaning and message of the great outdoors. Not only does it cost you hard earned money, but now you will probably have to pick your decoys up everytime cuz you will be nervous of getting them stolen.

you couldn't of said it any better. A person that does something like this is not a true sportsman and shouldn't be allowed to hunt/fish.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Blue Marlin

Just to let you know if it's someone on this site i got IRON MAN on the case and he will crack it and go midevil on your ***. So you better give me my decoys back and i'll stop the hit. Lol!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:43 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
you couldn't of said it any better. A person that does something like this is not a true sportsman and shouldn't be allowed to hunt/fish.
Yep. They should make it that if your are ever caught for a major game or fish violation you are revoked your hunt/fish license for life. But I guess outlaws will be outlaws.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Sailfish

DGG just let me know and I will guard your spread one morning... might shoot some ducks while guarding them too.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:48 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
dgg just let me know and i will guard your spread one morning... Might shoot some ducks while guarding them too.

lol!!!!!!!!! If not bring plenty of shells and shoot some coots.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
lol!!!!!!!!! If not bring plenty of shells and shoot some coots.
I forgot..... PGG!!! lol. poodoogogetter.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
i forgot..... Pgg!!! Lol. Poodoogogetter.

yeah and i'm proud of it gonna get a shirt with that monogrammed on the back.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
yeah and i'm proud of it gonna get a shirt with that monogrammed on the back.
Iron man knows a good monogrammer.....you can get PGG on the back of your favorite fishin shirt....
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Chris, hate to hear about those thugs who stole your decoys. Seems we're starting to hear more and more about thefts in the area. I would love to catch these Aholes in the act.......
BTW, had a good hunt yesterday in the large ponds.
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake chuck duck View Post
iron man knows a good monogrammer.....you can get pgg on the back of your favorite fishin shirt....
pm sent to him for info already
Old 11-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
Iron man knows a good monogrammer.....you can get PGG on the back of your favorite fishin shirt....
classic douchbaggery.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:58 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefman View Post
chris, hate to hear about those thugs who stole your decoys. Seems we're starting to hear more and more about thefts in the area. I would love to catch these aholes in the act.......
Btw, had a good hunt yesterday in the large ponds.

glad to hear ya'll had a good hunt not sure what's going on in the front marsh. We have plenty of food in there, but the ducks have just left the front. I like how you call them the large ponds from my previous post about the open water south of us and the high wind. Man we really need to meet to get a face with the name. Ya'll gonna be at the camp this weekend?
Old 11-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 3,226

Quote:
glad to hear ya'll had a good hunt not sure what's going on in the front marsh. We have plenty of food in there, but the ducks have just left the front. I like how you call them the large ponds from my previous post about the open water south of us and the high wind. Man we really need to meet to get a face with the name. Ya'll gonna be at the camp this weekend?
We have absolutely NO feed...mostly mud flats! However, when you guys started shootin up front the birds started filtering in for more open water. Ducks just rest and stage on our marshes which means no early morning shootin...we have to wait a while.
Chris, you guys have all the feed in the world in those front marshes...I'm with you...can't understand why they left that area.
Like to take you out to hunt our area one weekend..show you a different marsh than what you guys hunt..even if we don't shoot we'll have a great time! Gonna need about 3" of rain really hard getting around out there now.....