SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 878

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
i've never seen this post!

salty...i wear my life jacket when we go offshore, so i threw that bad boy on....it was RUFF

we took water over the front of the boat after this picture!!

I remember that day.....
Old 07-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I went out today, the weather was perfect, the water was dark green except at the Jettys, brown water there, but I couldn't find any bait or birds except in one place and all I got were small specks, one small flounder and some big croakers.
I went to the Jettys, Long Point, Rabbit Island, upper Grand Bayou and the Washout. I also fished the last weirs to the north. There was hardly any winds, tide going out till about 8:30. Then the tide stopped, the winds stopped, it was like glass.
Then around 9:30 the tide started coming back in and light winds came out of the East. But still no big fish.
I had 4 small keepers, but turned them loose cause it was to much trouble to clean them.
I was throwing LSU eels and could see some small fish following it to the boat, but no bite. So I changed to a clear eel with silver glitter and started catching the lil dinks.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:45 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,545

thanks for the report Ray!
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 07-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I went out today, the weather was perfect, the water was dark green except at the Jettys, brown water there, but I couldn't find any bait or birds except in one place and all I got were small specks, one small flounder and some big croakers.
I went to the Jettys, Long Point, Rabbit Island, upper Grand Bayou and the Washout. I also fished the last weirs to the north. There was hardly any winds, tide going out till about 8:30. Then the tide stopped, the winds stopped, it was like glass.
Then around 9:30 the tide started coming back in and light winds came out of the East. But still no big fish.
I had 4 small keepers, but turned them loose cause it was to much trouble to clean them.
I was throwing LSU eels and could see some small fish following it to the boat, but no bite. So I changed to a clear eel with silver glitter and started catching the lil dinks.

tide has been pouring out here all morning/all yesterday evening
Old 07-23-2009, 07:04 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Lake P...WIll never see 10lb trout again...They rape it over there.....Seen that with own eyes....Keep everything!!!!
i personally know of 4 ten lb. trout taken from lake P ion the past 4 months..i seen one of them with my own eyes...not tryin to start a argument just layin the facts out...i agree y fish elsewhere when u got your bread and butter right there on big lake...im the same way with hopedale....i fish lake p ery now and then but not too often...lake p trophy lake there aint no denying it..sure yall do catch much more 9 and 10 lb. trout each year..but we do catch them here...
Old 07-23-2009, 07:17 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post
i personally know of 4 ten lb. trout taken from lake P ion the past 4 months..i seen one of them with my own eyes...not tryin to start a argument just layin the facts out...i agree y fish elsewhere when u got your bread and butter right there on big lake...im the same way with hopedale....i fish lake p ery now and then but not too often...lake p trophy lake there aint no denying it..sure yall do catch much more 9 and 10 lb. trout each year..but we do catch them here...

Nobody posted pix of those trout?
Old 07-23-2009, 07:33 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopedale Hustler View Post

Im not saying I dont believe you...but its hard for me to believe a 10+ came out of lake P....I mean 4 were caught and not ONE WAS ENTERED IN THE STAR?????????????????????? Just hard to belive!!!

Now WAS IT CHINK!! LMAO
Old 07-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Im not saying I dont believe you...but its hard for me to believe a 10+ came out of lake P....I mean 4 were caught and not ONE WAS ENTERED IN THE STAR?????????????????????? Just hard to belive!!!

Now WAS IT CHINK!! LMAO

Chink never caught a 10. Supposedly...he caught a 9-fish stringer that weighed over 80 lbs.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Chink never caught a 10. Supposedly...he caught a 9-fish stringer that weighed over 80 lbs.

Chink is a Croaker Soaker.....That dont count!!! Not in my books!!!

There has not been a reported double digit trout from Lake P in years!!!! I got this from a very good source....HH...You will have to show some PICS for me to buy that...4 over 10lb!!!

I can prove there were 3 over 10lbs last year caught in Big lake....two were in the sportsman......One on the cover!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813

sorry...I don't buy it either. 4 10 pounders in the last 4 months would have made some news stories somewhere. 9.6 doesn' t count either, can't round up with trophy trout.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 649

How is the water looking on Big Lake today?
Old 07-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

The water at Heber's yesterday [late morning] was very very muddy and I was worry that the lake would be bad. But once out in the lake, the water was not bad [4" to 8" visability].

The farther south you go, it gets to 12" plus.

The lake was glass calm for the first hour or so but by mid afternoon the winds were up to a steady 12 to 15 mph. By 5 PM the winds were felt like near 20 mph and I was really bouncing in my small boat.

There was a big rain storm over by the ship channel.....so I headed North. I found birds twice that held some trout, but mostly dinks.

I caught a 5 dozen limit of crabs, but had to move around some to find a spot where I caught them steady. Took me almost 4 hours.

I only caught 4 keeper trout......but crabs were my gold for the day.

Glow and char.....sand eel jr worked good today. I had lots of good strikes, but they quickly got off.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:19 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Whats the tide doing on BL in afternoons...in our out...strong??
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 07-24-2009, 10:56 AM
Sailfish

At 11 AM it may have been going out slightly....hard to tell.

Early afternoon the water was coming out of Grand Bayou a little.

By 3:30 PM it was coming back into Grand Bayou a little......but the wind had been blowing for a while.

At 5:30 PM, it was coming in good by Fred's Lounge....but the winds were 15+ mph from the south and it had been calm around Noon.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:57 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Thanks Gerald!!
Old 07-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Great White

Gerald, were you the one crabbing at the Grand Bayou weirs in an aluminum boat yesterday?
Old 07-24-2009, 02:04 PM
Great White

Quote:
And ZERO Ladyfish. That was a first for me this year.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:47 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Gerald, were you the one crabbing at the Grand Bayou weirs in an aluminum boat yesterday?
Ray....I was at the weir around noon for about 30 minutes.....only boat there because it was slow. I then moved away from the wier looking for more crabs.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Great White

I saw an aluminum boat there when I went in and out.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
sorry...I don't buy it either. 4 10 pounders in the last 4 months would have made some news stories somewhere. 9.6 doesn' t count either, can't round up with trophy trout.