SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > Stories, History, and Tributes

Stories, History, and Tributes Got a story to tell about your childhood, someone you admired, or some interesting history to share? This is the place!

Old 12-16-2012, 05:30 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913
Default Here is the answers to school shootings, by a victims father!

Well worth the read - COLUMBINE STUDENT'S FATHER 12 YEARS LATER !! Guess our national leaders didn't expect this. On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to address the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness.. The following is a portion of the transcript:

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good &evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage,
You've outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question "Why?"
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact.
What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws.
Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him.
To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge.. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!
My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"
- Darrell Scott
Old 12-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 460

Very well put
Old 12-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

Awesome
Old 12-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

That's is awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:18 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

Good stuff to bad it seems to fall on deaf ears
Old 12-16-2012, 08:10 PM
Redfish

Cash: 919

First thing obuma did was say that we need to have more gun control and when someone starting saying that we need to put GOD back into school they shut him off.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
Good stuff to bad it seems to fall on deaf ears
Oh they hear it......just don't listen
Old 12-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Flounder

Cash: 664

Amen

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/scott.asp
Old 12-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 974

Agreed!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,296

So very well said, but they won't listen. They have their own agenda as "politicians". Look at where we are, they can't do what is right for our country, only their party affliation. Also, the power they gain as a "politician", look at Obama, peacock, a wolf in sheep's clothing. And look at Boehner, the pics they show of him wallking shows the arrogance he perpetuates.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 972

1. Feel bad for the kids that lost their lives due to a person who had a mental illness which no one has addressed.
A. Look at cause and effect.
Cause was mental illnees
effect mother loved her child and maybe should have pushed more to get him help. Maybe she did but being an adult he could have refused treatment.
She tried to maybe get him out shooting to focus his attention on a sport she probably loved, get out in world and maybe meet some people.
He took something positive and turned it into a negative situation.
The weapon did not do it! He did it along with his mental illness?

Now people being sheeples along with sheeple polticians don't need to make laws to ban certain weapons. They need to just make people bad who sell weapons and investors to pull away from investing in companies that mfg weapons. If you don't make the weapons you don't need to ban them.

It is sad. The sheeple media also says these weapons are manly men weapons which is dieing out.

Funny, there are alot of competitive shooters that are women.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726

Gun store in Ct being raided. Posted something in the shooting section.