SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 05-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Redfish

Cash: 652
FlagUS Going to Toledo

Hey yall,
Moved from the other site a couple of days ago. I have never posted before, but enjoyed reading all of the info everyone has. I wondered where everyone went. Took me a few days to find yall. Very nice site! What I'm writing about is i'm taking the wife and kids to Toledo Bend. We are staying at Fin and Feather. I don't know anything about Toledo. i have a 22' Blazer Bay. Does anyone have any suggestions where to go for crappie and bream for the kids. Don't want anyones honey holes just a little help to put them on a few. Will i be able to get around safely in my boat. Any suggestions would be a great help. Glad to have found everyone here. Thanks!
Old 05-18-2009, 11:01 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnox View Post
Hey yall,
Moved from the other site a couple of days ago. I have never posted before, but enjoyed reading all of the info everyone has. I wondered where everyone went. Took me a few days to find yall. Very nice site! What I'm writing about is i'm taking the wife and kids to Toledo Bend. We are staying at Fin and Feather. I don't know anything about Toledo. i have a 22' Blazer Bay. Does anyone have any suggestions where to go for crappie and bream for the kids. Don't want anyones honey holes just a little help to put them on a few. Will i be able to get around safely in my boat. Any suggestions would be a great help. Glad to have found everyone here. Thanks!

Go SLOW if you get out the bouys... if you want bream and sac-a-lait. find a bridge and fish under it with some underwater lights. dont be afraid to fish about 15-18 feet deep... Use "crappie stalker" corks. Shiners for bait.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Banned

welcome to the site! i haven't been up to toledo in a long time, i wouldn't know where to start, i'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.

i never went up there without spinnerbaits and rattle traps, that's for sure.
Old 05-19-2009, 06:26 AM
Redfish

Cash: 603

Sknox.....fin and feather is in the back of Housing Bay and is a great location for Bass, White perch and Bull Bream. You never even need to leave that bay. If you looking for bass use a shallow crank bait(rattletrap or bandit, crawfish or chrome) or a stick bait around those islands that dot the bank across from the resort from the mouth of the bay all the way back. The upper most island to the main lake there is a creek that comes into the bay from the north of that Island called Hurricane. It is excellent bass fishing topwater early in the am and late in the evening should be great. Might even try a brush hog ( watermelon red) in there as well try to stay 15feet deep down to about 6 feet for best action right now. Bull Bream are in the shallows against the grass all over the lake....Buy you a sack of crickets and just troll the bank close enough to flip a cricket over or next to the shallow side grass beds and hold on the kids will LOVE it( under a cork about 18inches to 3feet). You can catch 50 as big as your hand in no time. White Perch in that area should hit shiners right after dark for a few hours. If you head out of the resort to the left down the boat lane for a few hundred 1/2 mile. then slow down and turn toward opposite bank (north bank)watch your depth finder there are two major feeder creeks your gonna cross find a stump close to one of the drop offs and set up .....you might still catch a few whiteperch trolling in the shallows over the grass on a roadrunner def. worth a try but most have moved back off the banks but this cool spell this week might have held a few in close. Good Luck. Ill be up there this Thurday myself my camp is just south of that six mile bridge your going over to get to fin and feather. Ill be in housing sometime this weekend so ill keep an eye out for that blazer bay boat...Ill be in a 22ft. red triton with a 300 merc. or in a gray alum. boat with a 25 suzuki (radio on). If the kids wanna perch jerk ill load everyone on the triton and go but if its just me and a buddy bass fishin ill be in the aluminum so I can get through the dang stumps in there better. Oh Yea...drive with caution water is up to full pool stage so stick to the bouys and watch for floaters. It looks open in places but trust me its not.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:41 PM
Redfish

Cash: 652

Hey guys, I sure do thank yall for the advice. I'm a little nervous about the lake. everyone keeps telling me about the stumps. I will post on how the trip goes when I get back. Good luck to everyone's fishin trips.
Old 05-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKnox View Post
Hey guys, I sure do thank yall for the advice. I'm a little nervous about the lake. everyone keeps telling me about the stumps. I will post on how the trip goes when I get back. Good luck to everyone's fishin trips.

stumps..shouldnt have a problem with rough waters.